What's new

India drops out of 2012 PISA test

Guys, Chinese are good team players, way easier to work with, humble and hardworking. That's why they go well along with Indians. As Asians, they team up together. Considering theirs and ours hardworking and mathematical and analytical ability, they are compatible to work. Communication may be problematic sometimes but it doesn't affect that much as it is perceived.

Yes, they are generally good, much better than Indians in their social behavior.

And how can I dont see the whole 6 page discussion even related to the content of the topic. It says something bout India pulling out of PISA. Get back to topic guyz.

who cares about PISA, when you have to compete for world's toughest exams in India itself................

I guarantee you many people have not heard about PISA, nor they care about PISA. Majority students will be worried about how can they get admission to the best colleges of engineering and medicines and doctors.

I have never heard about PISA test untill I joined PDF (PISA tests are only used by chinese posters to prove how the han chinese are superior to all other asian races or more so whole world (what a superiority complex), while as Roybot pointed out in actual world, situation is quite different).

The PISA test is not about the best students of any given popuation but the average of all students of any given population. You will always find some gifted people in any population but for an economy to be competitive, you also need a well-educated rest who are not in the top. That's why the OECD nations care a lot about this test.

East Asian countries are amongst the first non-European nations to reach developed status due to their efforts to give good education to all students. It's not only the super smart that build up the economy, you need them to come up with new stuffs and the rest who understands how to make the complex process work. Einstein is nothing if the rest don't understand what he talks about.

I admit what you are saying but look at other arguments I have posted.

How can we judge one's capability if he/she isn't taught the thing or exposed to it. ?
I also admit that we should have allowed students of cities which have similar facilities instead of dropping all out.

Look at the primary concern of ours- Its primary at highest. India wants to literate its population more than anything. Higher education and graduation comes at different level. For that you need different approach especially in graduate level. Post-graduation is entirely different game.

In my city there re 40 engineering colleges which churn out thousands of engineers each year and almost 75-80% gets placed with acceptable salary considering their family income level.

But when it comes to primary education, first we need to provide is basic facility which is teachers, which aren't there. Believe me village kids and people are as intelligent as we.

So when it comes to comparing the education level, one needs to take into account all the factors. Its India. Things are not same as US, Germany or China.

Even in towns, there are hardly English medium schools and only 1 or 2 have CBSE schools.

You have to go through my posts where I have mentioned few points.

So how is your facts relevant to the topic ?

It says the very reason India is not participating in PISA test is coz this tym they have to sample size the complete Indian population. When that happen, all ur argument of whos getting privilages or opportunities etc etc go for a toss.

PISA dont care to do research just to see the reasons of who shud be giving the test and who shud not. Indians as a whole are hugely lacking in their primary education. NOW THATS FACT.

Ur arguments of WHY such a huge percentage is still deprived is not the concern of PISA. rite?

I did not understand how PISA test compared Shangai (China) and Honk Kong (China) with Tamil Nadu (India) and Himachal Pradesh (India).

Proper comparison would be like Shangai (China) and Honk Kong (China) with Chennai (India) and Mumbai (India) or any other metropolitan city in India.

I admit what you are saying but look at other arguments I have posted.

How can we judge one's capability if he/she isn't taught the thing or exposed to it. ?
I also admit that we should have allowed students of cities which have similar facilities instead of dropping all out.

Look at the primary concern of ours- Its primary at highest. India wants to literate its population more than anything. Higher education and graduation comes at different level. For that you need different approach especially in graduate level. Post-graduation is entirely different game.

In my city there re 40 engineering colleges which churn out thousands of engineers each year and almost 75-80% gets placed with acceptable salary considering their family income level.

But when it comes to primary education, first we need to provide is basic facility which is teachers, which aren't there. Believe me village kids and people are as intelligent as we.

So when it comes to comparing the education level, one needs to take into account all the factors. Its India. Things are not same as US, Germany or China.

Even in towns, there are hardly English medium schools and only 1 or 2 have CBSE schools.

You have to go through my posts where I have mentioned few points.

your arguement is flaw mate ,you were there in 2009

And how can I dont see the whole 6 page discussion even related to the content of the topic. It says something bout India pulling out of PISA. Get back to topic guyz.

you are the only one see the point in this thread mate

Götterdämmerung;3485548 said:
The PISA test is not about the best students of any given popuation but the average of all students of any given population. You will always find some gifted people in any population but for an economy to be competitive, you also need a well-educated rest who are not in the top. That's why the OECD nations care a lot about this test.

East Asian countries are amongst the first non-European nations to reach developed status due to their efforts to give good education to all students. It's not only the super smart that build up the economy, you need them to come up with new stuffs and the rest who understands how to make the complex process work. Einstein is nothing if the rest don't understand what he talks about.

East Asia countries means Japan and south korea where they excel in research and product development :sniper:

Götterdämmerung;3485548 said:

But what does happen ? it's mean they take taste of all students in every country. it's just for on the record, generally these communist countries are very aware about their international presentation(don't you remember china in Olympic ). They make students prepare for these test . which doesn't happen in India , Indian student are very much busy with their internal educational activity , no one concentrate on PISA by keeping their carrier requirement studies in india.

Simply INDIAN STUDENT ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PISA

it's just about how well you prepare for test.

East Asia countries means Japan and south korea where they excel in research and product development :sniper:

What's your point?

Taiwan, Hong Kong and the eastern part of China (now spreading to central and western part) are either developed or reaching that point soon. All of them excel in research and products because they have a good base of well educated people in the whole population with almost 100% literacy and amongst the top in the PISA test.

Use some logic, if you want to argue with me

We should have taken part with kids frm top schools in Indian metros writing the exam. Even then if we are loosing then we can conclude that our education system is crap.

But what does happen ? it's mean they take taste of all students in every country. it's just for on the record, generally these communist countries are very aware about their international presentation(don't you remember china in Olympic ). They make students prepare for these test . which doesn't happen in India , Indian student are very much busy with their internal educational activity , no one concentrate on PISA by keeping their carrier requirement studies in india.

Simply INDIAN STUDENT ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PISA

it's just about how well you prepare for test.

Any source to support your statement or just another poor excuse?

BTW spending money to prepare students for the test is also an effort to improve the skills of their students. I see nothing wrong with that.

AFAIK it's the OECD that is preparing the whole test and not the Chinese gov.

Götterdämmerung;3485673 said:
Any source to support your statement or just another poor excuse?

BTW spending money to prepare students for the test is also an effort to improve the skills of their students. I see nothing wrong with that.

AFAIK it's the OECD that is preparing the whole test and not the Chinese gov.

What proof Do you want ? see the charts back page , basis of skills in most skills Chinese are lag. Watch Videos of BBC -IIT first or second page. In such case Why Indian Student have more demand than Chinese ?

That's what i am saying , Some prepare for some exam and some prepare for other exam. You can not generalize things.

What proof Do you want ? see the charts back page , basis of skills in most skills Chinese are lag. Watch Videos of BBC -IIT first or second page. In such case Why Indian Student have more demand than Chinese ?

That's what i am saying , Some prepare for some exam and some prepare for other exam. You can not generalize things.

What's the percentage of Indian students going to university? What about the rest that PISA is talking about?

OK, Chinese students from higher learning institutions lag far behind Indians but they somehow managed to build up the second largest economy, have more international recognised patents, second most Fortune 500 companies, while India ...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom