What's new

India disappointed by Iran's reaction to Mumbai attacks

thorosius

Reaction score
India disappointed by Iran's reaction to Mumbai attacks

NEW DELHI: India on Friday conveyed to Iran that it was deeply disappointed by the way the country had reacted to the Mumbai terror attacks.
Senior government officials admitted on condition of anonymity that visiting Iranian deputy foreign minister Mohammed Mehdi Akhoundzadeh had been given an earful by authorities for the widespread negative comments in the Iranian media about India.

Leading news agencies in Iran have been largely sympathetic towards Pakistan and insinuated that India has been acting under the influence of the US. President Mahmoud Ahahdinejad too had said after the Mumbai incident that it was perpetrated by people from outside the region.

However, this did not prevent Akhounzadeh from asking India not to let "sporadic terrorist incidents'' come in the way of the $7.4 billion Iran-Pakistan-India (IPI) gas pipeline. Akhoundzadeh, who held talks with senior Indian officials on Friday, also did not acknowledge that the terrorists who perpetrated the Mumbai attacks were from Pakistan. He described Pakistan as a victim of terrorism.

"Sporadic terrorist incidents, wherever they are, should not deter the will and the determination of collective vision and wisdom of the Asian leaders to continue their march of progress. We feel Asian leaders should be vigilant enough to the futuristic needs and demands of its people,'' Akhoundzadeh told reporters after his meeting with Indian officials. He also stated that the "root cause'' for terrorism needed to be addressed even though he later denied that he meant J&K.

The pipeline project too has been marred by India's reluctance to join because of security concerns. Iran and Pakistan recently decided to go ahead with the project even if India backed out.

He said the history has shown that some forces have used "so-called" Islam to pursue their agenda and warned that "some countries are going to repeat the same mistake". He, however, did not elaborate.

Contending that both India and Pakistan have been victims of terrorism, he cited the assassinations of Mahatma Gandhi, former Prime Ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi and former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto in this context.

-Make a (IPC) they should change the plan to do this Iran-Pakistan-China
-change Zardari as a president make Ahmedjadi ( I AM A BIG FAN OF IRANIAN PRESIDEN )
-Establish AirBase in Iran to counter Israel after we are done with India

-Make a (IPC) they should change the plan to do this Iran-Pakistan-China
-change Zardari as a president make Ahmedjadi ( I AM A BIG FAN OF IRANIAN PRESIDEN )
-Establish AirBase in Iran to counter Israel after we are done with India

- I think it was Iran-Pakistan-India for a reason.
- An Ahmedinejad figure would only isolate Pakistan from the rest of the world, even though I like the way he sometimes rules or talks, doesn't let anything or anyone put him under pressure, that's also an asset we need in times like these.
- I don't think certain countries would approve such an action, also I don't think Pakistans interests are going for a regional power role, it's main objective right now is to maintain good relations with its partners in Asia and the rest of the world, and to defend itself from any Indian pressure or aggression.
Israel is not our concern, although we should always keep an eye on them for possible deals between India and Israel.

- I think it was Iran-Pakistan-India for a reason.
- An Ahmedinejad figure would only isolate Pakistan from the rest of the world, even though I like the way he sometimes rules or talks, doesn't let anything or anyone put him under pressure, that's also an asset we need in times like these.
- I don't think certain countries would approve such an action, also I don't think Pakistans interests are going for a regional power role, it's main objective right now is to maintain good relations with its partners in Asia and the rest of the world, and to defend itself from any Indian pressure or aggression.
Israel is not our concern, although we should always keep an eye on them for possible deals between India and Israel.

hey seriously Iranian President bring revolution i promise drone attack will stop if we unite our Army with Iran,look @ this way Russia will be force to back down from providing India technology because if we convinced Iran and China are allies of Russia pressurize Russia,stop killing our own people,get out of UN and NATO allies.

So what happened to the Indian claims of having rights to Iranian airbase for attack on Pakistan !

All claims only ! I had been listening to the chorus for last 8 years .. whatever happened to it !

NEW DELHI: India on Friday conveyed to Iran that it was deeply disappointed by the way the country had reacted to the Mumbai terror attacks.
Senior government officials admitted on condition of anonymity that visiting Iranian deputy foreign minister Mohammed Mehdi Akhoundzadeh had been given an earful by authorities for the widespread negative comments in the Iranian media about India.

Gimem me a break , Condition of anonymity? yeah next what the bogey man from Bangalore

Gimem me a break , Condition of anonymity? yeah next what the bogey man from Bangalore

Now what..... of all the people, indians should not have any right to say such thing when throughout the mumbai incident, you guys have based your entire case on reports from annonymous intelligence sources. Not one report quoted a known source in the three days and still if you are watching TV, you can see it going on at full throttle.
I dont see you raising your voice or asking for break then..... or is it that you dont like to trust report which doesn't suit what you want to see.... back in real world, most of the media reports are based on such sources.
What is the problem with this report???? Your government has abandoned Iran at the behest of your new master. IPI is not going through..... India voted twice against iran for sanctions.....you are hand in hand with US in af-tan where iran wants to see US defeated and much more....So why all this anguish at hearing the truth????? :cheers:

Iranians are our brothers. They were the first to accept Pakistan wen it was born and have always supported us. This is not the first time. During the Shahs time we had great relations and even during Zia's when Khomeini came. Remember this. He has been demonized very much in the west but he is no where near the radical cleric he is presented as.

Iran we love you and we hope to c Iranian members round here. ;)
Rare aren't they, them iranians?

If there are 2 countries in the world who can destroy Israel.

Those will be

1) Pakistan
2) Iran ( they have no match to Pakistan in military strength, but still can help us )

India to seek Saudi support in pressuring Pakistan
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Indian experts rule out global support against Pakistan

* Say West’s support for New Delhi mere ‘words’ and ‘sympathy’
* Former foreign secretary believes India has lost diplomatic initiative * Says international community will not help India achieve its diplomatic goals

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

And what did India expect from Iran ? What a nerve................
Never mind bolting out of IPI and voting against them.
i guess they can shove their treaty with Iran where the sun dont shine.
These people have serious issues. the whole world cant revolve around them. Pussies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom