What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

@Pluralist, thanks for the links. I was happy to see a different, non-stereotypical Pakistan.

I saw a stat on the links re: software industry of Pakistan. Total $ 3.3 Billion.

Never mind comparing with India's famed $ 150 Billion similar industry, the point is that in all of the new age knowledge industries like Pharma, Education, Health, Entertainment (Bollywood and TV and other media like newspapers, websites) India has built a big, world beating lead and I'm thinking why not Pakistan. Where is Pakistan in today's new age, k-driven world when both India and Pak. had a similar distribution of western schools and of people who were 'western' re: the Colonial influence. Said new age industries are in part a continuation and spin-off of Colonialism.

Pakistan's generals made Pakistan the pivot of the Cold War while India's politicians leveraged the Cold War times re: Non-Align jazz to tighten her waist belt and build herself up.

It may cost Pakistan it's future because India's new age industries are 40 to 50 times bigger then Pakistani counterparts which is way beyond India's 6.5 times bigger difference in population.

Pakistan's long animosity with India, and India's new found wealth and new friends will drive India's opportunist's to pay-back Pakistan, and we all know pay-back's always a b*tch.

thanks for the links. I was happy to see a different, non-stereotypical Pakistan.

I saw a stat on the links re: software industry of Pakistan. Total $ 3.3 Billion.

Never mind comparing with India's famed $ 150 Billion similar industry, the point is that in all of the new age knowledge industries like Pharma, Education, Health, Entertainment (Bollywood and TV and other media like newspapers, websites) India has built a big, world beating lead and I'm thinking why not Pakistan. Where is Pakistan in today's new age, k-driven world when both India and Pak. had a similar distribution of western schools and of people who were 'western' re: the Colonial influence. Said new age industries are in part a continuation and spin-off of Colonialism.

Pakistan's generals made Pakistan the pivot of the Cold War while India's politicians leveraged the Cold War times re: Non-Align jazz to tighten her waist belt and build herself up.

It may cost Pakistan it's future because India's new age industries are 40 to 50 times bigger then Pakistani counterparts which is way beyond India's 6.5 times bigger difference in population.

Pakistan's long animosity with India, and India's new found wealth and new friends will drive India's opportunist's to pay-back Pakistan, and we all know pay-back's always a b*tch.

Thanks! and yes...breaking stereotypes and putting perception and myths to rest is a bigger challenge for Pakistan, as it is said you tend to hear 5% of worst story about Pakistan 95% of the times...and west create their own story about Pakistan and keeps on scrutinizing it, time and over again.

Don't think Pakistan can compete with India in IT industry and the behemoth it has become over the years, notwithstanding the fact that BPO and semi skilled service sector is a bigger part of it, looking at the 3.5 million people associated with it in direct jobs.

Pharma exports are low but the industry is quite big..reason is MNC's pharma are not much interested in exports from Pakistan as that would be against their hegemony, local Pharma's are into exports.

For Pakistan new age industry has to be something different from India so as to have some leverage and cut the competition out from India, as Pakistan cannot compete with India in cost arbitrage and availability of semi to skilled labor and even in higher education pool, in numbers though.

Pakistan has to take a different trajectory and need to reinvent, revamp, and do things with new ideas keeping the new big and small players in mind like China, CAR's, GEC countries, and African countries...make the most of CPEC and start looking at trading and transit and not just manufacturing and service sector.

Telecom sector is doing fine here in Pakistan with 21 billion USD investment, Internet connectivity is better than the regional average in speed. Banking sector is strong, many other positives and it is about getting the most out of challenges and turning it into opportunities.

This thread will put some light on LSM and SME and other manufacturing, service sector of Pakistan...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/made...following-products-are-all-local-made.510937/

Last edited:
Vertical garden trend in various Indian metro rail pillars

a3.jpg

a2.jpeg

a3.jpg

Cc-Respective owners

@Mehmood usmani @Well.wisher @Windjammer @Khawar Shafi @manlion @Mini Tank @ashok321 @Pyara9 @Bratva @naveedullahkhankhattak @pakman12 @313ghazi @Zibago

Thanks! and yes...breaking stereotypes and putting perception and myths to rest is a bigger challenge for Pakistan, as it is said you tend to hear 5% of worst story about Pakistan 95% of the times...and west create their own story about Pakistan and keeps on scrutinizing it, time and over again.

Don't think Pakistan can compete with India in IT industry and the behemoth it has become over the years, notwithstanding the fact that BPO and semi skilled service sector is a bigger part of it, looking at the 3.5 million people associated with it in direct jobs.

Pharma exports are low but the industry is quite big..reason is MNC's pharma are not much interested in exports from Pakistan as that would be against their hegemony, local Pharma's are into exports.

For Pakistan new age industry has to be something different from India so as to have some leverage and cut the competition out from India, as Pakistan cannot compete with India in cost arbitrage and availability of semi to skilled labor and even in higher education pool, in numbers though.

Pakistan has to take a different trajectory and need to reinvent, revamp, and do things with new ideas keeping the new big and small players in mind like China, CAR's, GEC countries, and African countries...make the most of CPEC and start looking at trading and transit and not just manufacturing and service sector.

Telecom sector is doing fine here in Pakistan with 21 billion USD investment, Internet connectivity is better than the regional average in speed. Banking sector is strong, many other positives and it is about getting the most out of challenges and turning it into opportunities.

This thread will put some light on LSM and SME and other manufacturing, service sector of Pakistan...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/made...following-products-are-all-local-made.510937/

^^^
  • " Don't think Pakistan can compete with India in IT industry and the behemoth it has become over the years, ... For Pakistan new age industry has to be something different from India so as to have some leverage and cut the competition out from India, as Pakistan cannot compete with India in cost arbitrage and availability of semi to skilled labor and even in higher education pool, in numbers though. Pakistan has to take a different trajectory and need to reinvent, revamp, and do things with new ideas keeping the new big and small players in mind like China, CAR's, GEC countries, and African countries...make the most of CPEC and start looking at trading and transit and not just manufacturing and service sector. "
  1. My lament was that pro-active Phillipines, yet not Pakistan jumped onto the Globalisation bandwagon along with India re: Call-Centers', BPO and IT related services. Another is Sri Lanka. Reasons are the same - conflict and civil war.

2. I'm happy that telecom is booming in Pakistan. Great speed, good investment; congrats!

3. I think the answer maybe in hi-tech agriculture. As the middle-east grows even richer, Pakistan can leverage IT to tailor make animal husbandry and farming with pre-processing for targeted middle eastern households and communities. You know, this is not as easy as it sounds because Europeans and OZ/NZ even Turkey, Morocco etc. are extremely competitive in this sector. And it is one of the most corrupt, pogey funded sectors in the EU plus Western world. A colleague of mine from EU told me how he was at a conference way back in the 60-70's where India was pushing it's IT sector in some EU venue. I was surprised. Along the way I noticed Indian govt. had electronics on the agenda all along. By and by I came across Electronic Cities. Agencies. Dept.'s all into teaching, training, prototyping, production import-export ... everything. Competition was intense. Japan, Korea, Hong-Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and then Malaysia, Gaungdong where giants in electronic manufacturing but Malaysia also built it's IT Super-corridor. India was nowhere on the map. Conclusion : India put in decades to get to where it is in the IT sector and is the only country to run a knowledge driven deficit against the US and many EU countries.
What all of the above has done for the economy of India, and the world through linkages of Globaslisation re: Indian economy is that with the advent of 'Modinomics' and a sharp shift in Global politics, Indian ministers routinely discuss, in PPP terms, $ 1 Trillion budgets (Rs. 5-7 Cr.'s or $ 100 Billion nominal). Social sectors, Food, Health, Roads, Railways, Ports, Oil & Gas, Urban Affairs, Mining and Aviation ministries and more have said $ Trillion budgets, more or less. Not many places in the world have those kind of growth drivers.

Re: India's direct tax revenues, competition with India gets tougher-and-tougher:

imgtax-collection-data-indirect-taxes-direct-taxes-income-tax-corporate-tax-modi-govt-budget.gif

• 7.72+6.17 = 13.89 Lakh Cr.'s/$ CAN 51.55 = $ CAN 269 Billion/Yr.
That's a lot in PPP terms, more like $ 2.7 Trillion re: India's $ 7.5 Trillion infra. deficit.
Infra. projects, among the largest in the world, also come with 5-10 yr.'s timelines.
Fee driven, and nobody argues about India's demand drivers, said projects are attracting record finance at even more record breaking low interest rates. Some like Japan driven bullet train is practically free finance!
  • In conclusion, will India bridge the gap in infra. with the West?
  1. Technically speaking, the kind of local and Western money bridging and driving stakeholders in ramping up India's infra., I expect India to lay open the last and latest infra. spread beating out China on this issue.

2. Rs. INR 13.89 Lakh Cr.'s and rising, yr.-on-yr. combined with cheap Global finance and Modi's political will, of course he says 'demand driven', and sure it is a democracy where public service is everything, yes, India will conclusively bridge the gap with the West.

3. Global geo-politics is a major issue driving India's up-up-&-away trajectory.

Last edited:
^^^
I have been hoping that India now applies cheap Global finance and local labour to really come up with the world's latest and greatest infrastructure, somewhat like China (minus cheap Global finance).

My wishes are coming true. The wide flowerbeds on the main airport highway's is the new normal. Sidewalks, walkways, crossings etc. are labour intensive, after the toilet blitz, India should turn into infrastructure paradise. It's already a TBM heaven (Tunnel Boring Machine).

It's also among the largest backhoe loaders, graders, truck & tractor manufacturers in the world. Cement and re-bar is hyper local and cheap. So there's hope.

India to top and beat neighbour Singapore and East Asia plus Dubai and West Asia's infra. re: it's late coming.

Belwo page captures many different era's of New Delhi from Mughal, Colonial, Independent, Leftist to New Age:
Eye-Opening Landscapes of Golf Course Rd, Gurgaon
The above scenes support my ideas on India's upcoming next gen. infrastructure.

Last edited:
China wot?

22638827_867736963380785_7999006517237907456_n.jpg

(c) https://instagram.fsin1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885- 15/e35/22638827_867736963380785_7999006517237907456_n.jpg

Pune - A small town till recently has been growing. Banglore is already world famous. Hyderabad also.

I was surprised that Islamabad is smaller then Delhi and Mumbai's satellite or suburb 'towns' like Gurgaon, Thane or Noida.

Gurgaon Suburb or Satellite, Delhi NCR
maxresdefault.jpg

(c) https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xtltJffBP3Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Thane Suburb or Satellite, Mumbai MMR
vlcsnap-2017-12-19-20h46m23s231.png

(c) http://s19.postimg.org/6te6ahdkz/vlcsnap-2017-12-19-20h46m23s231.png

Last edited:

^^^

Technically speaking, the latest in civil aviation is twin hull, high wing, electric cruise with electro-magnetic launch.
The high wing gives extra lift - Koanda effect. EM launch is basically ... free launch re: gravity beating issues.
The twin hull idealogy is for 'planing' where the contemporary single hull is prone to drift re: wind sheer.

Here's a pic of a high wing, twin hull Ukrainian Antononov variant:

Jet engine power is hardly an issue.

We Want To See More Glass Buildings and Futuristic Shopping Malls Keep Em Coming :pop::pop:

This is school dear. It is so large that you will require half day to see it. It has exhibition, and science , art gallery etc.

Cost and Location ?

@Mr.Nair When did you start to work for the Indian tourism department :P
Locationon near Ubharat. Cost around 70 lakh.

Back
Top Bottom