What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Mumbai (14-03-2017)
17265770_1860530414222687_796496153125322752_n.jpg

^^^
An Indian pic., incredible. Incredible India, wot ;) !

I came across below Comic Poetry/Stand-Up Comedy (Westerners might say) vid. and thought long decades of development in India Vs. civil strife/war in Pakistan has warped civil society in both. Civil society has been the biggest casualty , sorry for the polite dig. I find India to over-the-top social and cultural with even institutional, municipal and central govt. support. There are so many concerts, auditoriums and impromptu stages that events are all over the map. And this is not even counting the religious and spiritual festival's of all communities.

Try to catch the 'sentiment' of a real, very public narrative of a new age India Vs. the public discourse and narrative in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Please do post your pictures.
^^^
If serious, google:
  1. Golf Course Extension
  2. Sohna Rd.
  3. Dwarka Expressway
These 3 seraches will give you a good idea of Gurgaon's upcoming direction.
These are the best of times for end user's since prices have crashed the most, and B-grade brand name builders with avant garde projects are fast converting stock into 'affordable housing' - the new mantra to move stock. Or moving into commercial real-estate like IT Parks etc.

The days of, ultra, deluxe, super, duper, uber, gold, diamond, premium are gone.

Places like these are classed as slums not fit for human habitation in the uk. These concrete boxes were blown up in the 80's and 90's though some still survive and are due for demolition.
Indian architects appear to have the vision and style of a 3 year old child replicating these boxy monstrosity's endlessly.
A straw hut is preferable.

It always pleasantly surprises me to see development in UP (minus NCR).
^^
You are in for a ride of a lifetime, UP's chosen development and Modi-fication.
Word on the st.
  • "Kendra mein Modi, UP mein Yogi *"
Having done Mumbai-Delhi several times including by Air-India and 3'rd class train with first-hand experience of the difficult terrain and therefore infrastructure, technically speaking and again having crossed UP lenghtwise by mid class road bus, UP is surprisingly easy to develop given a chance. Remember, this was the heart of the former colonial United Provinces with reasonably ok infrastructure which was being run into the ground.

For eg. railway and a water source (river/tributary/canal-think waterways to haul cement/re-bar) within 3-5 km on wheels re: UP being Hero Motorcycle country (India's pick-up truck). UP is full of world class schools, colleges and universities. Fertile land, coal, coal-power and hydro power plants aplenty and even a legacy justice system. UP's NOIDA-Gr. NOIDA factory eco-system has world class manufacturing with some of the world's new age brand names. Eg. HCL Computers and Consulting, Moser-Baer etc. Yes, all governance systems can use a good kick in the back-side and that's what Modi-fication is all about.

Enter Gadkari ;) !

* MP Yogi Adityanath

Last edited:
^^^
Clean and slick enough to be confused with 1'st world Singapore; India developing indeed.
  • How long now for the rest of India to catch up to above India?
@india2050, I agree but I'd make it 20 yrs. which is 1 generation in India.

Last edited:
I was in gurgaon last month and my brother took me to cyberhub. I was sceptical at first , but the vibe their in the evening was really nice. Everyone should check it out if in gurgaon.
My posts are less so cant post pics. Someone else can post pics.
It was not the architecture as much as the atmosphere in the evening.
Every city in India should have something similar.

Back
Top Bottom