What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Nice...
10271583_656266604428210_2530972035888794371_n.jpg

Mumbai Cityscapes II - Page 598 - SkyscraperCity

A similar view, on a stormy day...
2072mc1.jpg

cc: Bombaywalla

Also when I was in mumbai i could tell i was near the sea when there was a very foul smell :woot:

I think the municipal corporation has to make it more tourist friendly as it is India's gateway to the world.

Also when I was in mumbai i could tell i was near the sea when there was a very foul smell :woot:

I think the municipal corporation has to make it more tourist friendly as it is India's gateway to the world.

Which area did you stay in? Sometimes, certain areas during low tide, smell of fish.

Which area did you stay in? Sometimes, certain areas during low tide, smell of fish.
Perhaps maybe.
I stayed far away from sea in Chandivali. But whenever i visited areas like Bandra and that area where Haji Ali is, it smelled very foul as we approached the sea.

It could be the fish but i think the city dumps most of its sewer directly into the sea without treatment.

Perhaps maybe.
I stayed far away from sea in Chandivali. But whenever i visited areas like Bandra and that area where Haji Ali is, it smelled very foul as we approached the sea.

It could be the fish but i think the city dumps most of its sewer directly into the sea without treatment.

No offence to Mumbai... but Mumbai might be on of the dirtiest metro city in India. I stayed in Colaba with my family .. they loved colonial architecture in Mumbai, Marine drive but complained over all cleanliness. We found Navi Mumbai comparatively better

Like most developing cities, Bombay definite needs more cleaning up overall, and as always, I am optimistic about there being a positive change not too long from now. I wish there were a way to curb the influx of more migrants than we really need. Making my home a city-state would make me very happy indeed. :coffee:

Perhaps maybe.

i think its not like that. theres lot of slums near lots of beaches in mumbai who dump their waste directly in water. it wouldnt smell as bad if they could get rif of those slums

What I'm thinking that notwithstanding that the Pak Army hijacked Pak real-estate and infra. biz, nothing like this is coming up. This when the army run real-estate and infra. biz has been somewhat ahead of India till last generation.

Just compare Karachi and Lahore Vs. Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai or Calcutta. Now rewind 25 yrs. and compare again. Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chandigar or Pune can be compared to Isloo, Faisalabad and Hyderabad. Here the difference is even more stark.

I'm excited about Delhi's upcoming maglev Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS).

Project got off last year. Modi's win menas projects' gonna be all fired up.

RRTS will be successful only if tightly integrated with the other public transport by sharing the stations. Underground pedestrian passages can connect different kind of public transport systems, like Stockholm Central Station.

Ease of use, speed of travel, one pass for all public transport and the information regarding the waiting time for the next service makes the public transport successful. Metro, Light rail, Mono Rail, Airport link, Local and long distance bus, long distance train, bicycle parking, Taxi and auto rickshaw all needs to be integrated to make the Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) self-sustaining. Integration and seamless transfer of passengers from other public transport to the Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) will determine the patronage of the Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS). -wiki

New Cuffe Parade & Monorail ;)
14085673283_526852ccfe_o.jpg

How Bollywood Is Helping Fight Indian Illiteracy
- pretty cool vid.

Idea - Good for Af.-Pak, Bangladesh & Indonesia for sure, as the ideator says at the end of the vid.

Hauling In Hyderabad Metro, Desi style

- I think of it as the world's most awesome 'financial engg.' project.

This project should be the buzz municipalities all over the world. Why?
Ingenious Hyderabadi politicians sold the public's 'rights-to-ridership', to provide public metro transport to a pvt. Indian mega-corp. L&T. Essentially, citizens right to public metro access was 'sold' to the Co. by fair auction. It paid an upfront fee for the privilege of providing Hyderabad with public metro transport! This Indian PPP is something else. A mini version of this out-of-this-world PPP model is up and running in Gurgaon sub-city as well. Only, Hyderabad is a booming, full scale, nearing 10 million population large city. Where in the world do you get a project like so. I never heard of anything like this reverse pork barrel thing anywhere. Incredible India.
metrorail_crop-jpg.31092

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom