What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Kerala's High Speed Dilemma

Free!

High speed rail is politically funded in their own countries. France, Japan, Germany and now China.

France, Germany and Japan are desperate for new business. China is no loser either.
Said countries have rich treasuries for future, long term, mega-project loans. They will offer to fund this for 25 yrs. no problem.
Politicians in India love such mega-projects for the patronage and corruption on offer. No charge, except the next gen. public is scr***d.

It's a great rodi-reta-cement-steel-&-labour arbitrage game. Commissions all around to local labour Co.'s who also line up votes, truck & transport contractors who supply material and come in handy for busing voters come election time, govt. technocrats (engg.'s and mgmt. types) line up foreign jaunts re: factory visits and jobs/education for their kids overseas etc. and of course profits to Tata, Jindal and Birla re: steel & cement business. Fat percentages to the party bosses. Big party politics all around.

High speed rail will be built all over India in double quick time, just you watch :) .

Kerala's High Speed Dilemma
High speed rail will be built all over India in double quick time, just you watch :) .
I am sure you doesnt know Kerala's problem...
Too many educated people are turning into Environmentalists/social activists...too many Medha Pathkars:hitwall:
These idiots opposed a six lane expressway across Kerala because they thoughts It would divide Kerala into two.
And we got just a two lane national highway through the state :hitwall:
-----------------
Meanwhile enjoy this
Diamond tower Kolkata 54 floors
kolk.jpg

diamondtowersite3.jpg

diamondtowersite2.jpg

diamondtowersite1.jpg

Sabarmati Riverfront
27790940015841671541521.jpg

22625137733787900143794.jpg

Vadodara's new airport
slide-11-728.jpg

slide-15-728.jpg

slide-1-728.jpg

slide-17-728.jpg

piling
slide-28-728.jpg

Hydrogen to power Railways plans sans diesel, electricity!

Hydrogen-propelled locomotive is the next big thing that the Indian Railways has set its eyes on. The Indian Railways Organisation for Alternate Fuel is in an “advanced stage” to develop a technology for use of hydrogen as a source of fuel for its locomotives, which is part of its greater plans to reduce its dependency on diesel and electricity.

IROAF, a body under Railway Ministry, is working on this project to use solar energy to make hydrogen. Railways uses nearly diesel worth Rs 11,000 crore to run locomotives in both the passenger and freight category.

“We are seriously looking at hydrogen and solar energy applications for our fleet. As per international prediction hydrogen is going to be only source of energy in future. The future is no doubt full of excitement,” a Railway official said.

Besides hydrogen, Railways has also cleared use of blended diesel with 10 per cent bio diesel for use in diesel locomotives. IROAF is setting up four bio-diesel plant for production of the fuel on a mass scale.

Out of these, contract for two plants have been awarded and the work is in progress. These plants situated at Raipur in Chhattisgarh and at Tondiyarpet in Chennai are expected to be operational by March 2013. For the remaining two plants, land is being located in different Zonal Railways.

Railway also proposes to use compressed natural gas (CNG) and diesel in dual fuel mode on diesel electric multiple units (DEMUs). For this purpose, a project has been sanctioned for conversion of 100 DEMUs into dual fuel mode which is under implementation. Railway official say their ultimate goal for gas related was heading towards extensive usage of LNG with the help of international majors like M/S Westport. “In a few years prices of LNG are going to be as attractive as CNG,” they claimed.

Natural gas (NG) when compressed to about 3600psi becomes CNG. The same natural gas when compressed and cooled to minus 162 degree Celsius gets liquefied and is called LNG (liquefied natural gas).

With higher calorific value, LNG offers better mobility for transportation and storage than CNG. LNG is much safer that diesel, as the auto ignition temperature of LNG is 537°C, as compared to around 210°C of diesel.
Hydrogen to power Railways plans sans diesel, electricity!

Kerala: Master plan of Thiruvananthapuram Technocity ready
Thiruvananthapuram: The master plan of the proposed Rs.5,000-crore Technocity to come up in a 450-acre campus near the Technopark campus here is ready, say senior officials. This state-of-the-art integrated IT township with up to 30 million square feet of built up space will have IT/ITES infrastructure, residential apartments, shopping malls with multiplexes, hospitals, hotels and educational institutions besides other facilities.
"We have been getting inquiries from across the world seeking information on investment potential. Technocity will be showcased during the Emerging Kerala event in Sept and Gitex to be held in Oct," said K.G. Girish Babu, CEO of Technopark here on Friday.
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) has announced to set up its Global Learning Academy with an investment of around Rs.1,500 crore on 82-acre land allotted in the campus. Infosys, which has 50-acre land in Special Economic Zone in Technopark Phase-II, will set up its second campus here. Technopark would also be developing a 50-acre campus for companies who want to set up their IT/ITES units.

"Technocity master plan is prepared by eminent professionals. We are confident that the project would help generate more talent and job opportunities in the state and put Kerala on the global IT map," said M.V. Vasudevan, senior manager-business development at Technopark.
Kerala: Master plan of Thiruvananthapuram Technocity ready - IBN South - IBN Thiruvananthapuram - ibnlive

slide1ec5.gif

slide2nq0.gif

slide3be8.gif

Kerala: Master plan of Thiruvananthapuram Technocity ready
Thiruvananthapuram: The master plan of the proposed Rs.5,000-crore Technocity to come up in a 450-acre campus near the Technopark campus here is ready, say senior officials. This state-of-the-art integrated IT township with up to 30 million square feet of built up space will have IT/ITES infrastructure, residential apartments, shopping malls with multiplexes, hospitals, hotels and educational institutions besides other facilities.
"We have been getting inquiries from across the world seeking information on investment potential. Technocity will be showcased during the Emerging Kerala event in Sept and Gitex to be held in Oct," said K.G. Girish Babu, CEO of Technopark here on Friday.
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) has announced to set up its Global Learning Academy with an investment of around Rs.1,500 crore on 82-acre land allotted in the campus. Infosys, which has 50-acre land in Special Economic Zone in Technopark Phase-II, will set up its second campus here. Technopark would also be developing a 50-acre campus for companies who want to set up their IT/ITES units.

"Technocity master plan is prepared by eminent professionals. We are confident that the project would help generate more talent and job opportunities in the state and put Kerala on the global IT map," said M.V. Vasudevan, senior manager-business development at Technopark.
Kerala: Master plan of Thiruvananthapuram Technocity ready - IBN South - IBN Thiruvananthapuram - ibnlive

slide1ec5.gif

slide2nq0.gif

slide3be8.gif

Kewl... now the property prices adjacent can raise... ive got 2 lands adjacent to the proposed technocity... YaYYYYYYYyyy

Also today reported in God's own country:

Thiruvananthapuram gets India's tallest Jesus Christ statue - IBN South - IBN Thiruvananthapuram - ibnlive

EMMAR MGF+GULF CONNECTION+INVESTMENTS+GOVT. SUPPORT= can take kerala new heights and make it the best state......

Few more from TVM... my city

Technopark Phase I
maptechno1.jpg

leela1.jpg

Leela Infopark (Opening Shortly)

Infosys Campus

infosystvm.jpg

UST Global Campus (under construction)

Technopark Phase II

ust1or3.jpg

NeST Campus (under construction)

In Technopark Phase I

s5czlx.jpg

Asiatech IT Park

NH Bypass (under construction)

asiatechyl7.jpg

TCS Campus

tcs-tvm.bmp

Technopark Phase III

tp-III.bmp

IBS Campus (Phase I opened, Phase II under construction)

In Technopark Phase I

ibs-tvm.bmp

TATA Elxi Campus (open)

tata-elxi.bmp

Innovation IT Park (Approved)

innovation.bmp

And the mother of all these IT Parks, the Technocity, is on the drawing board. Technocity will rise 4km to the North of the existing Technopark Phase I and will spread over 500 acres..

technocity_map_z.gif

technocitylayout.jpg

Kewl... now the property prices adjacent can raise... ive got 2 lands adjacent to the proposed technocity... YaYYYYYYYyyy

Also today reported in God's own country:

Thiruvananthapuram gets India's tallest Jesus Christ statue - IBN South - IBN Thiruvananthapuram - ibnlive
Seems like we are neighbors...:cool:
Me too have some ancestral property near Techno city and that too lake view frontage...:cheers: some builders are eyeing on our property.. seems like im going to be a millionaire soon...;)

Seems like we are neighbors...:cool:
Me too have some ancestral property near Techno city and that too lake view frontage...:cheers: some builders are eyeing on our property.. seems like im going to be a millionaire soon...;)

How much are they asking and how much are u expecting.. is it near thonakkal or pallipuram... we could seal the deal here itself..

PDF's first real estate dealing... im looking around life science park areas..

How much are they asking and how much are u expecting.. is it near thonakkal or pallipuram... we could seal the deal here itself..

PDF's first real estate dealing... im looking around life science park areas..
:rofl::rofl:
Its not near life science park. As i mentioned that my property is having a lake view frontage.. so obviously it will be near a lake and guess which is the lake near technocity... :azn:
lake2m%5B1%5D.jpg

its kadinamkulam lake..:P just 3km away from Technocity.

:rofl::rofl:
Its not near life science park. As i mentioned that my property is having a lake view frontage.. so obviously it will be near a lake and guess which is the lake near technocity... :azn:
lake2m%5B1%5D.jpg

its kadinamkulam lake..:P just 3km away from Technocity.

Yup property prices around that place has soared.. lots of villa projects too there.. also in menaamkulam areas...

so give me price details around there....

Back
Top Bottom