What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

ahemdabad looks cool..i guess ahmedabad need more skyline....usually what happens is people judge the progress of a state by its skyline (foolish though).

I agree, In ahmd there is this concept of societies living together, so real estate is more kind of 10-20 stories building clubbed together....but nowdays there is this trend of Country side homes that is getting hugely popluar....There are some mind boggling country home societies i have seen....Western/european type architecture....

KOCHI WATERFRONT--

Musical-walkway.jpg

KOCHI CITY BUSES--

Wiki-COKVolvo1.jpg

KOCHI IS ALSO GROWING IN IT industry.....

Kochi_Collage_01.jpg

@pakindia Kochi is as good as Ahmedabd and hydrabad?? i havent been to that place....that means, we are having so many cities that are moving out of the shadows of four metros....Nice....Banglore(For me, BLR already a metro), Ahmdbd, Hydrbd, Pune, Kochi, Indore....Have i missed any other city?
You can add Trivandrum also in this list... its also one of the fastest developing IT city in Kerala along with kochi and calicut.:smitten:

Video of the trial run.

More

32508942198862519497675.jpg

41277531012265480782102.jpg

19202342198846919101241.jpg

kochi is just awesome with metro work starting next month and this city has the second highest HDI(human development index) in india!!!

Some work has started for the Kochi metro, but I don't think it's full scale yet.

metro_18.jpg.crop_display.content_image.jpg

Some Kochi metro work. From SSC India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kerala's High Speed Dilemma
Rail travel in Kerala is rigged with hardships and the state is infamous for having the lowest average speed for express trains. The express trains in Kerala used to have a maximum allowed speed of 100km/h which was then raised to 110km/h, a few months back. This is still very low compared to the fastest train in India, the Delhi-Bhopal Shatabdi Express, with a maximum allowed speed of 150km/h. High-speed trains usually have a speed of around 350km/hr, with a minimum speed of 200 km/h.

Kerala’s road system is grossly inadequate to hold the brimming vehicular traffic growing at the rate of 10% per annum. High density of population, a narrow land strip (30 – 120 km in width), and an extended shore line of 560 kilometres make the state perfectly suited for a high-speed rail link.

The soon-to-be-established international airports in Kannur and Aranmula, besides the existing ones in Trivandrum, Cochin and Karipur, reiterates the need for a high speed rail link, to offer the commuters a cheaper, yet reasonably fast, link among the important urban centres of the state.

The Kerala High Speed Rail Corporation was formed in September 2011, to speed up the initial works on the proposed Rs.1.18 lakh crore high-speed rail corridor between Trivandrum and Kasargod. These trains are expected to have a maximum speed of 300 km/h, traversing the distance between Trivandrum and Kochi in just 45 minutes, and the entire distance from Trivandrum to Kasargod in just a few hours. The trains are to be modelled after Japan's bullet trains, utilising similar technology.

The central government has also envisioned a similar project with steps being taken to form a National High Speed Rail Corporation to expedite the ambitious task of creating a high speed rail corridor linking seven major regions in the country. The primary importance would be given to the Mumbai – Ahmedabad line, for which feasibility studies have already been initiated. Trivandrum is also part of the project, with the city being included in the Chennai – Bangalore – Coimbatore – Trivandrum corridor, with a total length of 649 kilometres.

Both the projects have been given clearance by the Planning Commission and the Prime Minister's office. The work on the Trivandrum - Mangalore stretch is to be inaugurated by the Kerala Chief Minister next May. At present, the state government awaits the detailed report of the project, the submission of which has a deadline set to December. The high speed link may also be extended to Udupi for the benefit of Mookambika devotees. The Karnataka Government has shown interest in extending the proposed Bangalore – Mysore high speed rail link to Udupi, further increasing the prospects of the proposed extension.

The national level high speed rail project hasn't put forward any dates regarding its initiation or completion. But Kerala high speed rail link is expected to be completed by 2021. However, confusion prevails, with the Kochi District Collector, P I Sheikh Pareed declaring that the preliminary study being conducted by DMRC is not final, and that the final decision would be made only after the project report has been submitted.

High speed rails have played a pivotal role in changing the face of countries like Japan and Korea. The construction of even a kilometre of the special tracks for high speed rail travel will cost close to Rs 70 crores. Ninety percent of such high speeds tracks will be on elevated tracks, bridges and tunnels, both above and below the ground, with only a limited portion spanning the surface.. In spite of the high speeds, such trains have a remarkable safety record which is virtually spotless, as displayed by the bullet trains in Japan and the TGVs in Europe.

Close to 800 hectares of land has to be acquired for laying down of the high speed tracks for the Trivandrum – Mangalore rail corridor. Measurement of land for the national project has yet to be carried out. The trains from the two separate projects are proposed to have their terminal stations at Trivandrum, the oldest functioning station building in India, which already stands choked under the bursting rail traffic.

The state, however, remains apprehensive about the execution of two high speed rail projects which will require enormous amount of investment. The projects, with one involving the state government and the other, the central government have been granted approval by the Prime Minister's office. The state government hasn’t yet been successful in acquiring the land required to facilitate the doubling of Ernakulam – Kayamkulam stretch via Alappuzha as well as Kottayam. This leaves Kerala to wonder about the feasibility of instituting two double tracked, high speed rail links when projects of even lesser magnitudes still remain static.

Kerala's High Speed Dilemma - Trivandrum News | Yentha.com

Re: Mumbai Metro; kya baat !

It was like just yesterday when it was announced. Also monorail trials were posted.
In all candour, Mumbai monorail idea sounded filmi to me. Now, BRT is starting to sound real too.

Re: tier 2 cities Amdavad, Hyder-bad, Ghazi-bad, Farid-bad, Morad-bad ... hehe they are not - bad!

Other tier 2's Bangalore, Chandigarh, Pune, Ranchi, Dehradun, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Nashik, Aurangabad, Coimbatore, Kanpur, Lucknow, Cuttak, Guwahati, Bhubhaneshwar, Durgapur are booming (tier 2 places are the backbone of industrial and agricultural boom) much more and it shows more on the internet.

Otherwise, is there a India slowdown per media, or are they running out of mega projects?

For eg., I've been expecting a 'let's melt the Himalays to get over the next 50 yrs. economic and population bulge' (say, spray the Himalayas with excess coal ash dust around the water sources to augment water supply; nothing on that. River linking also in cold storage. Thank God nobody suggested a Grand Canal through the middle of the country. All other bases seem covered what with the 50-100 new coastal ports re: coastal shipping, rail and freight corridor, river linking etc.; heck ... even a trip to Mars now!

Punjabi's @ off- roading, no big deal
------------------------------------

images

Mahindra inspired off-roading is catching on, more motor-cycling wise (more roading here) and specially thanks to defence surplus Mahindra jeeps and cheap, subsidised diesel ;). That cheap diesel is supposed to be for farmer's to pump water; not for funjabi NRI's to go off-roading.

Bling-Bling Mahindra's
---------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ i wonder when will the two super towers of noida jaypee greens will get completed.......

Back
Top Bottom