What's new

India deploys 36,000 extra troops on Chinese border

BPL_Data_GOI.png

Just look at the sharp decline in last 2 decades, at this rate poverty will be reduced to negligible rate by another 2 decades.

But what is the definition of poverty in “India"?!

The definition of poverty in India has been called into question by the UN World Food Programme. In its report on global hunger index, it questioned the government of India's definition of poverty saying:

"The fact that calorie deprivation is increasing during a period when the proportion of rural population below the poverty line is said to be declining rapidly, highlights the increasing disconnect between official poverty estimates and calorie deprivation. "--- (the UN World Food Programme) Poverty in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Translation: the fact on the ground doesn’t match “India” government’s propaganda.

It is like saying “ Indian government told me that my family is out of poverty this year, finally, because eveyone in my family can now afford an increasingly worse nutrition level”.

So what kind f*****up logic is that ?!

Fact 1 : India remains at a abysmal rank in the 2007-08 UN Human Development Index at 132ond, the lowest rank for the country in over 10 years.

The obvious question here is: if India’s poverty is reducing, or “millions have been lift out of poverty line”as the propaganda goes, why the heck India’s HDI has dropped to its 10 year Low ??

Fact 2 : It is estimated that about 42.5% of the children in India suffer from malnutrition – (New York Times)

Fact 3: About 49 per cent of the world's underweight children, 34 per cent of the world's stunted children live in India. – (World Health Organization.)

Fact 4: 46 per cent of the world's wasted children call their home India --(The World Bank )

Fact 5 : there were 421 million poor living under the MPI in eight north India states of Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. This number is higher than the combined 410 million poor living in the 26 poorest African nations. --- ( Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative)

Even so, this “India” still has the nerve to become one of the biggest weapon buyers in the entire world, building its ugly war machine against all its neighbours… WTF ?! :smokin:

If India has sincere thoughts of having good relations with China and wants to settle all disputes peacefully, then why is it:

(01) Developing and deploying ballistic missile specific for China?
(02) Why is it deploying more fighter aircraft close to the Chinese border?
(03) Why is it quietly raising divisions and brigades for mountain warfare next to the Chinese border?
(04) Why is it allowing, funding, supporting the exile Tibet Government in India?

Why you people are always trying to convince us??? We do whatever is good for us.. We are doing it inside our own territory...
All points you have mentioned can be answered in a single word "defence"... In this modern world there is no reason to trust any one... While exceptions can be given to countries like Russia...

We will never trust China and we will build our own troops with our own people... If we dont do that there wont be any India tomorrow..

Lets see the Indian Air Force's Chief's wet dreams:

IAF Chief says China a greater threat than Pakistan

New Delhi India faces a greater threat from China than Pakistan because New Delhi knows little about Beijing's combat capabilities, India's air force chief told a newspaper in an interview published on Sunday. The world's two most populous nations fought a brief but brutal war over their 3,500 km (2,200 mile) Himalayan border in 1962, and both sides claim the other is occupying big but largely uninhabited chunks of their territory.

India has also been pursuing closer relations with the United States, something that worries China. China has a standing army almost three times the size of Pakistan's, according to official figures and defence industry estimates, but it is the lack of knowledge about China's military that concerned Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major.

"We know very little about the actual capabilities of China, their combat edge or how professional their military is," Major told the Hindustan Times newspaper. "They are certainly a greater threat." India and Pakistan have fought three wars since independence in 1947 and tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours rose sharply after last November's Mumbai attack, which killed 166 people. A slow-moving peace process was paused after the attack. Islamabad has acknowledged that the attack was launched from and partly planned in Pakistan, but rejected New Delhi's accusations that the gunmen had support from official Pakistani agencies.

Although India and China have signed a treaty to maintain "peace and tranquility" along their disputed frontier and agreed to find a political solution to the row, talks have hardly made progress even as their business ties boom. India blames the lack of progress on China's claim over Arunachal Pradesh, in particular over its Buddhist enclave of Tawang. New Delhi says it cannot part with populated areas to settle the border dispute.

Major said the Indian air force was upgrading about five airbases, of which two would operate Russian Su-30 MKI fighters.

IAF Chief says China a greater threat than Pakistan - Express India

lol,,your wholehearted efforts are clearly reflecting from your posts....:lol:

try harder dude...cause chiness members are not scared of india yet..:lol:

Its really funny to see that pakistanis are more concern by this deployment then chiness members on this forum...:lol:

This is the clear reflaction of what they wished from this thread and few members are falling int trap...;)

Last edited:
@Speeder2 : I'd reply to you when and if you come up with more coherent post with default font.

Last edited:
But what is the definition of poverty in “India"?!

The definition of poverty in India has been called into question by the UN World Food Programme. In its report on global hunger index, it questioned the government of India's definition of poverty saying:

"The fact that calorie deprivation is increasing during a period when the proportion of rural population below the poverty line is said to be declining rapidly, highlights the increasing disconnect between official poverty estimates and calorie deprivation. "--- (the UN World Food Programme) Poverty in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Translation: the fact on the ground doesn’t match “India” government’s propaganda.

It is like saying “ Indian government told me that my family is out of poverty this year, finally, because eveyone in my family can now afford an increasingly worse nutrition level”.

So what kind f*****up logic is that ?!

Fact 1 : India remains at a abysmal rank in the 2007-08 UN Human Development Index at 132ond, the lowest rank for the country in over 10 years.

The obvious question here is: if India’s poverty is reducing, or “millions have been lift out of poverty line”as the propaganda goes, why the heck India’s HDI has dropped to its 10 year Low ??

Fact 2 : It is estimated that about 42.5% of the children in India suffer from malnutrition – (New York Times)

Fact 3: About 49 per cent of the world's underweight children, 34 per cent of the world's stunted children live in India. – (World Health Organization.)

Fact 4: 46 per cent of the world's wasted children call their home India --(The World Bank )

Fact 5 : there were 421 million poor living under the MPI in eight north India states of Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. This number is higher than the combined 410 million poor living in the 26 poorest African nations. --- ( Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative)

Even so, this “India” still has the nerve to become one of the biggest weapon buyers in the entire world, building its ugly war machine against all its neighbours… WTF ?! :smokin:

How convenient you leave this out of the Wikipedia article -

While total overall poverty in India has declined, the extent of poverty reduction is often debated. While there is a consensus that there has not been increase in poverty between 1993-94 and 2004-05, the picture is not so clear if one considers other non-pecuniary dimensions (such as health, education, crime and access to infrastructure).

that's because some of us decided it's more fun to watch the ladies fight :D

CS, I'll give you my .02. India is perfectly happy maintaining the status-quo so trust me on this, GOI will not be crossing the LAC.
As for China, it has much bigger fish to fry and as you rightly pointed will keep the Sino-Indian issues on the back burner (at least for now).

From where I stand, the current scenario is working well for both nations. They can develop whatever they want in their respective territories, nothing wrong with that since both are currently on the defensive.

Additional thoughts: Whoever initiates the conflict will stand to loose a lot internationally, India will not do it since that will jeopardize our economy and China won't do it either as that will further unite already nervous countries against it and US will get to say, "See, I told you China was bad"

Never did say India will cross the line but as the US undersecretary of state mentioned, the risk though low, is going to increase as India shifts its strategic thinking and assets to the Chinese border. No nation can afford a build up of troops on its border (which breaks a 1993 treaty on limiting troop escalation) without some kind of preparations, China is no different and when you have two armies poised on a poorly demarcated border, it is a highly risky situation. (Indian and Pak, have a clear armistice line, India and China doesn't, this is why you get all the BS reports in the Indian media whining about border intrusions)

Especially in the same lecture he described what he considered to be a unfortunate fatalism on India's side to being China rival. (he also warned about sensationalist media, which I really can't see it was meant for the Chinese media)

What we have right now is a change of tact (more talks about optimism) but no fundamental change in course or attitude from the Indian side. The current attitude needs to change if this border dispute is not to cause problems down the road and judging by the responses here and going through the scholar works from India, it's an attitude that's not going to change anytime soon.

Last edited:
As a note aside this thread is pretty sicken.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmir-war/81882-mirwaiz-attacked-punjab-2.html

If this is how Indians cheer mob violence, I'd hate to be a minority in India.
Double standards eh?Don't forget that this is what you guys do when Tibetan freedom fighters are beaten up(in side closed doors).You guys don't know how many of my brothers and sisters got killed in Kashmir but even to this day their opinion does not matter in resolving the Kashmir struggle!

Was absoloutly disgusted by that thread. Indians claim to be followers of Ghandi and then this? such hypocrisy. Luckily there are some sensible indian members like Abir.
Learn to pronounce others name correctly!

Double standards eh?Don't forget that this is what you guys do when Tibetan freedom fighters are beaten up(in side closed doors).You guys don't know how many of my brothers and sisters got killed in Kashmir but even to this day their opinion does not matter in resolving the Kashmir struggle!

If one bad thing can excuse another, you'd be all set.

India can mass soldiers on the borders as they want. The question is how are they going to climb up the mountain and how easy it is to disrupt that path.

Was absoloutly disgusted by that thread. Indians claim to be followers of Ghandi and then this? such hypocrisy. Luckily there are some sensible indian members like Abir.

What's funny is that a couple of the now banned members on that thread were writing lengthy posts preaching how China should respect religious figures like the Dalai Lama, and that they didn't understand all the hate against his religion. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom