What's new

India deploys 36,000 extra troops on Chinese border

Lets see the Indian Air Force's Chief's wet dreams:

IAF Chief says China a greater threat than Pakistan

New Delhi India faces a greater threat from China than Pakistan because New Delhi knows little about Beijing's combat capabilities, India's air force chief told a newspaper in an interview published on Sunday. The world's two most populous nations fought a brief but brutal war over their 3,500 km (2,200 mile) Himalayan border in 1962, and both sides claim the other is occupying big but largely uninhabited chunks of their territory.

India has also been pursuing closer relations with the United States, something that worries China. China has a standing army almost three times the size of Pakistan's, according to official figures and defence industry estimates, but it is the lack of knowledge about China's military that concerned Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major.

"We know very little about the actual capabilities of China, their combat edge or how professional their military is," Major told the Hindustan Times newspaper. "They are certainly a greater threat." India and Pakistan have fought three wars since independence in 1947 and tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours rose sharply after last November's Mumbai attack, which killed 166 people. A slow-moving peace process was paused after the attack. Islamabad has acknowledged that the attack was launched from and partly planned in Pakistan, but rejected New Delhi's accusations that the gunmen had support from official Pakistani agencies.

Although India and China have signed a treaty to maintain "peace and tranquility" along their disputed frontier and agreed to find a political solution to the row, talks have hardly made progress even as their business ties boom. India blames the lack of progress on China's claim over Arunachal Pradesh, in particular over its Buddhist enclave of Tawang. New Delhi says it cannot part with populated areas to settle the border dispute.

Major said the Indian air force was upgrading about five airbases, of which two would operate Russian Su-30 MKI fighters.

IAF Chief says China a greater threat than Pakistan - Express India

We all know that pakistan is just a thorn in the bush. We are focused on comparing ourselves with China rather than pakistan. And if India decides to have close relations with the U.S., why should the chinese be getting all tense

Okay. What exactly is a wet dream here? Seeing China as a greater threat than Pakistan.? Did the article say anything about India attacking China? or is it wet dream because if China attacks we won't be able to defend ourselves?

I think we probably are not supposed to defend ourselves. You know defending ourselves just a colonial legacy that's the brits left for us.

And yeah feed those poor hungry people while you're at it. Caste system is racist. Indians are dark sneaky people. All your economy is based on call centres.

^Did I miss anything?

China have placed nuclear tipped ballistic missiles,deployed more troops, held live military exercises,vastly improved infrastructure etc in their side of border and i didn't see any chinese in this forum condemning that,in threads related to that news.I didn't see any pakistani members calling china sneaky for that.Everyone was saying china have every right to do that,and rightly so.But in case of india it is an act of war,when trying to improve defences in it's side!!Isn't this hypocricy?

I really miss the days when I had sensible and intelligent Indian members to talk to.

that's because some of us decided it's more fun to watch the ladies fight :D

CS, I'll give you my .02. India is perfectly happy maintaining the status-quo so trust me on this, GOI will not be crossing the LAC.
As for China, it has much bigger fish to fry and as you rightly pointed will keep the Sino-Indian issues on the back burner (at least for now).

From where I stand, the current scenario is working well for both nations. They can develop whatever they want in their respective territories, nothing wrong with that since both are currently on the defensive.

Additional thoughts: Whoever initiates the conflict will stand to loose a lot internationally, India will not do it since that will jeopardize our economy and China won't do it either as that will further unite already nervous countries against it and US will get to say, "See, I told you China was bad"

Last edited:
I think we probably are not supposed to defend ourselves. You know defending ourselves just a colonial legacy that's the brits left for us.

And yeah feed those poor hungry people while you're at it. Caste system is racist. Indians are dark sneaky people. All your economy is based on call centres.

^Did I miss anything?[/QUOTE]

How can you miss the infamous "toilets" or lack thereof. :cheers:

First of all, India got her right to deploy 36000 troops on China border but just don't whine when China built even infrastructure like a road within her territory a threat though.:no:

Oh well, did you miss anything? i'm afraid yes, like more than half of your population cannot read and write their own names:D

dezi, you must be asking for a ban, no mentioning of "t...." allow on this forum but may be its all right coming from an Indian:tup:

Everyone just shut up about china be provoked. I'm quite sure these pakistanis are having wet dreams that there will be a conflict. It's India's land, let India place her troops wherever the hell she wants. Let's get back on topic.. :disagree:

nothing new in it...

those 36,000 troops can go fight the naxal and other insurgents operating along the red corridor.......movement of these troops to Chinese border will be sure to increase tensions

that's between those countries; it's outside our locus of control. But I can say that it will prove to be a failed strategy since China will likely be able to mobilize much faster and more efficiently, in the interests of responding in kind

typical indian language towards the regional countries..........I just can't wait to see Chinese response

i wouldn't call it a failed strategy unless india was really planing to forward again,such a move can help congress party divert people's attention from the recent corruption scandals , and probably geting more rewards from U.S for being the vanguard of standing against emerging china .

to such a bluffing ,china's response will be:whatever,counter changes with changelessness

mao only expected to bring 30years border-peace when he desided to counterattack "forward policy", 48 year have passed,we have exceeded our target

mao only expected to bring 30years border-peace when he desided to counterattack "forward policy", 48 year have passed,we have exceeded our target

Now that is something new! PDF has been a learning experience for sure! :-D

and they are learning fast....

No, it's been a learning experience for me actually. Each day comes with a new revelation about Mao's policy, and how ingenious and just the mighty dragon was! :D

Wow, good news, 36000 troops to deploy on Chinese border=more "target practise" for PLA, thanks in advance.

What a shameless claim, spreading baseless face saving propaganda only make you look like a fool, millions out of poverty? how many million? 1, 2, 3?:lol:
Now face the hard cold facts and claw back to your poverty plaque h... hole please. :D

However, it appears that much of the poverty reduction in the last couple of decades almost exclusively comes from China:

•China’s poverty rate fell from 85% to 15.9%, or by over 600 million people
•China accounts for nearly all the world’s reduction in poverty
•Excluding China, poverty fell only by around 10%

poverty-levels-over-time.png

Poverty Facts and Stats ? Global Issues
Have some "self-respect" and stop shooting your lies please.:tdown:

Oh btw, we Chinese believe in "actions" not some cheap chest thumping big "words" we already proved our domination against you Indians since1962 till now, so being a man with a "sore" a@s, its Indians turn to show the world what you make of, right? please come for your "sweet revenge" to reclaim some lost "dignity" if you still have any. :partay:
Man, i never thought anyone will surrender with a "big smile" on his face, especially from an officicer in charge during a war:tup: Enjoy:tup:
YouTube - The crushing moment: China India 1962 war - Part 2

Where do you get your information - let me guess - the little red book. India has lifted 100s of millions of people out of poverty as has China. But China has used means which can hardly be described as kosher -

a. Cultural Revolution
b. Great Leap Forward and
c. Cannibalism -
In 1986 and 1988, Zheng Y (Cheng I), a former Red Guard and the author of Scarlet Memorial, went down to Guangxi where he obtained documents detailing the cannibalism. "For the first time in our long history Chinese ate people, not because there was a famine and they were starving to death, but for political reasons. I think thousands participated in the cannibalism and at least many hundreds were eaten. The Party knows all about it," said Zheng. According to Cheng, hundreds of children, women and men deemed enemies of the Revolution were killed and eaten by the perpetrators, with such comments as human meat apparently tastes better when broiled than boiled.In this province alone, 100,000 innocent people met this fate.

What a way to reduce poverty! Either kill the poor or eat the poor - and presto - millions are lifted out of poverty - it would actually help them if they were alive and not on a platter.

Last edited:
India has lifted 100s of millions of people

BPL_Data_GOI.png

Just look at the sharp decline in last 2 decades, at this rate poverty will be reduced to negligible rate by another 2 decades.

When china started it was years behind india today india is atleast 4 times behind china..thats the difference..looks like you are not aware !!

looks like you do not know when china started its economic Liberalization and when India Started, Despite that we have Narrowed the Gap to a significant level in all the fields.... I can Only Pity you that you as a citizen of a different country could only seek refuge in your allies Growth, Pathetic Indeed....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom