What's new

India close to buying Japan-made military aircraft in $1.65 billion deal

Predicting the future are we ?
What does your crystal ball say about the future of Balochistan ? :D
You have no idea what we are talking about :enjoy:
On topic:Aircraft is decent, albeit expensive.We wouldn't have gone for it if the Japanese hadn't insisted so badly on it.
That is my take on things.
:o: I hope personal deciding about the deals don't think like you. You are trying to say you are buying plane just because a country insisted :rofl: These are planes worth billions and suppose to serve your nation, they are not Amrood dear friend.

:lol: Its been 10 years we are being threatened by MMRCA... :lazy2::lazy2::lazy2:

:lol: Its time that taught about India not taking hard stands. We know this in advance :enjoy:

all those years China was not taking hard stand against US and Japs now why it's taking because now China is economically capable. We're developing the same capability... Why should we take a stand on the matter that's not a deep treat to us untill the treat arrives... We're preparing ourselves.

About MMRCA ... don't worry our current fleet is enough to rock the Pakistani sky...

C-130 for rescue over the sea? Again - I gave you WP links for a reason. Please read what air-sea rescue means. How exactly do you expect the C-130 to pick up a pilot downed at sea?
If it is for rescuing the pilots, then 1 aircraft is enough...
Will they send 15 aircrafts to recue a pilot? its difficult to believe..bro...
All in all this deal has no sense at all other than some indian fanboys defending it for the ego...

lol...as if you are going to be scared....

hmm...thats sensible on indi's part...
Nops. At this point Indians are more scared of MMRCA then us :-) If it goes through its expensive, if it doesn't what other options do we have :enjoy:

If it is for rescuing the pilots, then 1 aircraft is enough...
Will they send 15 aircrafts to recue a pilot? its difficult to believe..bro...
All in all this deal has no sense at all other than some indian fanboys defending it for the ego...

You think aircrafts are like motor cars? Please check out what the availability of an aircraft is. Isn't one submarine enough for nuclear deterrance? Aren't three AEWACS enough to cover the entire Indian airspace? So why go for ten+ ? Each naval command will have two or three aircrafts assigned to them on the east, west and south. It's not like one aircraft will sit in one spot, ready to fly whenever and wherever required. In fact, I am sure there will be a follow on purchase, and 15 is only the initial number. Every country that operates SAR aircrafts operate more than one - you think they are all doing so for prestige?

15 aircrafts for search and rescue!!!
We are not a country like Phillippines or indonesia where we live on islands!!!
We already got C130 for recue and it already is doing great job...
No not gonna agree...
This is a whole lot of nonsense in just one post. Firstly the IAF's C-130Js are in NO WAY for rescue/SAR, that's not what they were bought for or what the SQD is geared up to do. They are for Special Missions i.e. SOF insertion/extraction.

Secondly India has over 700 islands territories to watch over and so the geographical area and coastline India has to monitor, not to mention the fact the IN is the net-security provider in the IOR and provides long range SAR 100s of miles off the Indian coast as such India's needs are FAR greater than the Philippines or Indonesia.

Read this post before you go any further:

India close to buying Japan-made military aircraft in $1.65 billion deal | Page 9

You have no idea what we are talking about :enjoy:

:o: I hope personal deciding about the deals don't think like you. You are trying to say you are buying plane just because a country insisted :rofl: These are planes worth billions and suppose to serve your nation, they are not Amrood dear friend.

Its called opinion.
My justification is that Indian govt. values the life of its citizens very lightly, unlike developed nations.I recall reading an article that every year a shitload of people die from accidents in Mumbai trains because of inadequate infrastructure and yet our govt did nothing about it.

So when govt decides to buy a few SAR aircrafts worth 110 millions a pop that too on a govt to govt deal on Mr. Abe's insistence toh saala lagta hai ki daal me kuch kaala hai.
Add in the factor that India was hesitant at first and the fact that this deal was announced alongwith japanese development assistance.

@Abingdonboy I am fully aware that you will always support india buying stuff from other countries...
Just no point in arguing with you...you are good at it bro...

This is a whole lot of nonsense in just one post. Firstly the IAF's C-130Js are in NO WAY for rescue/SAR, that's not what they were bought for or what the SQD is geared up to do. They are for Special Missions i.e. SOF insertion/extraction.

Secondly India has over 700 islands territories to watch over and so the geographical area and coastline India has to monitor, not to mention the fact the IN is the net-security provider in the IOR and provides long range SAR 100s of miles off the Indian coast as such India's needs are FAR greater than the Philippines or Indonesia.

Read this post before you go any further:

India close to buying Japan-made military aircraft in $1.65 billion deal | Page 9

In short, it's the surface area of ocean to be covered that dictates numbers. And the IOR is frigging big.

From his username though, I have a doubt about his intentions. I'm not trying to make it an ad hominem, but on a day when the cricketing world is angry at BCCI, somebody with a username 'bccithegreat' joining the forum and repeatedly ignoring the answers provided, and repeating the nonsense that it is a prestige buy by India, sets off my trodar (troll radar).

If this is not true, my apologies to bccithegreat.

@Abingdonboy I am fully aware that you will always support india buying stuff from other countries...
Just no point in arguing with you...you are good at it bro...
For somebody who joined a few hours back, you are very familiar with members, aren't you? Telling me that wanglaokan won't troll and that abingdonboy will justify foreign purchases no matter what.

For somebody who joined a few hours back, you are very familiar with members, aren't you? Telling me that wanglaokan won't troll and that abingdonboy will justify foreign purchases no matter what.
I may be a guest and abindonboy has a youtube channel!!!
:hitwall:

Ya,...I can see by taking the hard stands,..where your country stands today...
Exactly! that's what hard stands cost :agree: You have to pay the price. India on the other hand didn't took it and India's story is different. This has its own merits and demerits in an international theater.

Back
Top Bottom