What's new

India close to buying Japan-made military aircraft in $1.65 billion deal

doesn't change the fact which I mentioned. Instead of mentioning china/pakistan, talk about India's stand for other nations.

What's the big deal.. every country works for its interests, so do we/

The ShinMaywa US-2 may be in use by the JASDF.. but it is in its core a Search and Rescue aircraft suited for use within the coast guard. It has not yet "violated" the Japanese constitution nor does it add such unbelievable capability as is being promoted for diplomatic gains.

At best, Indian fishermen in trouble in the high seas have some hope for being rescued faster.. as do drunk honeymooners in Goa.

Disgutsting move by India goverment to help Japan breaking the peaceful constitution and
'Three principles of arms exports'. India is moving toward China's enemy.

India is even willing to act as cash cow to please Japanese as to collude with them to contain China.

Never did Netajis mistake collusion with Japanese Nazi in World war two again.

Main exporter of arms to India's principle enemy Pakistan, China itself start all this sh!t.

Abe is very ambitious, he successfully get India hooked up. It was supposed to be an open bidding, Japanese finally knock it down through government to government level business. What Japan promises India as return for the favor?

Diversification of arms sources. Possible technological transfer. Sort of ally. Heavy investment in infra and other sector. Increased trade. Eased up rules for Indians to go to Japan and earn. This military deal is just part of the package.

Abe Shinzo is a nazi's grandson and officially deny its war crime in world war two. any type of military trade with Japan will be deemed as a try to help restoring Japanese Nazi.
Hello , wake up man its 2014 , these kind of perceptions are totally useless in modern geo-politics.

There are no permanent friends or foes here , only permanent interests .

For the millionth time, for search and rescue. A core function of any navy.
15 aircrafts for search and rescue!!!
We are not a country like Phillippines or indonesia where we live on islands!!!
We already got C130 for recue and it already is doing great job...
No not gonna agree...

Abe Shinzo is a nazi's grandson and officially deny its war crime in world war two. any type of military trade with Japan will be deemed as a try to help restoring Japanese Nazi.
Hello , wake up man its 2014 , these kind of perceptions are totally useless in modern geo-politics.

There are no permanent friends or foes here , only permanent interests .

What's the big deal.. every country works for its interests, so do we/
Who said anything about your country interests? My point was india will not take any hard stand against china in china/japan conflict. It doesn't mean you can't work for your interests.

Kashmir is direct conflict between India and Pakistan. What I said was related to India's position in China/Japan WAR scenario.

Predicting the future are we ?
What does your crystal ball say about the future of Balochistan ? :D

On topic:Aircraft is decent, albeit expensive.We wouldn't have gone for it if the Japanese hadn't insisted so badly on it.
That is my take on things.

Who said anything about your country interests? My point was india will not take any hard stand against china in china/japan conflict. It doesn't mean you can't work for your interests.

Only Time would tell. if it's a full scale India will be involved

Aircraft is decent, albeit expensive.We wouldn't have gone for it if the Japanese hadn't insisted so badly on it.
That is my take on things.
Agree with you...India is just buying this for japan...That aircraft is of no use to india for its cost

So what are you going to say when all of these deals get signed and the aircraft come into Indian service which WILL happen?

I can smell your sour grapes for here.
:lol: Its been 10 years we are being threatened by MMRCA... :lazy2::lazy2::lazy2:

Only Time would tell. if it's a full scale India will be involved
:lol: Its time that taught about India not taking hard stands. We know this in advance :enjoy:

Agree with you...India is just buying this for japan...That aircraft is of no use to india for its cost

Its use is that it allows us to get Japanese companies to invest in India in a big way, like they invested in China in the past.We need manufacturing facilities, not just R & D centres.

For that reason alone it is worth it.

15 aircrafts for search and rescue!!!
We are not a country like Phillippines or indonesia where we live on islands!!!
We already got C130 for recue and it already is doing great job...
No not gonna agree...

C-130 for rescue over the sea? Again - I gave you WP links for a reason. Please read what air-sea rescue means. How exactly do you expect the C-130 to pick up a pilot downed at sea?

Indonesia and Philipines have a far smaller coastline than India. It is the length of coastline and the area of ocean needed to cover, that necessitates the number of aircrafts. Indonesia would require far fewer than India.

Back
Top Bottom