What's new

India capable of fulfilling its own defence needs: Modi

They guy has a good business mind, however, does not have an iota knowledge about bleeding edge defense technology. He should stick to manufacturing something he can comprehend, Tata Nano.

As long as he can provide the needed infrastructure, economic zones, tax exemptions, i dont see why he cant be a facilitator. Btw, producing a Nano is much more complex than producing small arms.

India was the second fastest growing major economy in the world, during the last decade. And the "fastest" growing major economy's numbers are quite disputable, since they are opaque.

And we did this with great boost to social sector spending, which has lifted millions out of poverty already. 3/4th the population has a mobile phone; the country is foodgrain surplus; rural incomes are rising at a fast pace.

It is a different matter.. and will vary from person to person ..whether you believe all this happened because of government policiies ... or inspite of them.

That said, there is no let up .. that economy continues to remain the key focus, for years to come, as well.

That's good to hear. India has come a long way. No country can afford to rest on their laurels. I agree the economy is the most important focus as improving this will improve every Indian citizen's lives.

Please, he is a politician through and through (his degree is in Political science FFS)- he knows squat about defence or business hence these absurd statements.

what now... how many top politicians in the world are defence experts.... to facilitate a successful manufacturing ecosystem, I doubt you need to know the details of tech aspect and sub systems

He doesn't seem to be talking just about small arms.

As long as he can provide the needed infrastructure, economic zones, tax exemptions, i dont see why he cant be a facilitator. Btw, producing a Nano is much more complex than producing small arms.

what now... how many top politicians in the world are defence experts.... to facilitate a successful manufacturing ecosystem, I doubt you need to know the details of tech aspect and sub systems

Sir, it wasn't an insult. Of course I don't expect politicians to be all that clued up on defence matters, all I was saying was his ignorance in such matters is reflected in these comments. Whatever, I hope he does his bit to see that his comments are proved right some say.

That's good to hear. India has come a long way. No country can afford to rest on their laurels. I agree the economy is the most important focus as improving this will improve every Indian citizen's lives.

Please, no on in India is resting on their laurels- the ground realities are clear to see for almost every Indian on a daily basis. India is nowehere near acceptable levels of poverty (if there is such a thing) and Indians know this better than anyone from outside.

He doesn't seem to be talking just about small arms.

Doesn't matter, I am pretty sure, none of your prime minisers were defence experts, your defence industry still did fine. He is an expert in domestic policy making and facilitating enterprise solutions. I am sure he can promote L&T, Tata, mahindra, Kirloskar and others to set up manufacturing enterprises to cater to domestic defence needs as private sector opens up for defence market.

Sir, it wasn't an insult. Of course I don't expect politicians to be all that clued up on defence matters, all I was saying was his ignorance in such matters is reflected in these comments. Whatever, I hope he does his bit to see that his comments are proved right some say.

Am I missing something here,,, I dont get his ignorance here?

Come on guys at-least some one is talking about "Industry" Doesn't matter if its defence or something else. All the talk congress giving now is "reservation" We do have cutting edge technology in some fields and we do lack in some, so its matter of some time provided the leadership cares about it.
And when will the leadership change? Only when those oldies will die who get out of their home only the day of voting and they cant see more than the "Party symbol" Trust me most of them just vote for the symbol and they don't even know name of the candidate.

Am I missing something here,,, I dont get his ignorance here?
Ignorance wrt defence matters. it is not an insult, it is perfectly understandable given his background and his current role. Most Indian politicans wouldn't have the slightest info on defence matters either.

Ignorance wrt defence matters. it is not an insult, it is perfectly understandable given his background and his current role. Most Indian politicans wouldn't have the slightest info on defence matters either.

Thats what i am asking??? what part of his statement shows ignorance???

He is the first Politician to Take up the Issue of Indigenous Defense equipment production ... Please dont compare him with the rest of Corrupt Bunch of politicians ...

If Modi says it he delivers it... Modi Means Business ... i am sure after this Indian defence would also become a Political Vote bank issue soon... & i want this vote polarization to happen in India...

In Modis Language ... Pakistan ko usi ki bhasha mein jawab dena chahiye,yeh love-letter likhna band karna chahiye ... i love u Namo... :smitten:

I have lot of respect for him...but as far as defence production is concerned its not his cup of tea. Even US can't produce its 100% defence requirements itself.

Wrong the US can. It outsourced part of it to lower costs which was a bad move due to substandard parts and malicous codes being embedded. There has already been a shift and a rethink of this policy.

In 15-20 years maybe, right now NO WAY.

Achieving self-reliance in defense production in 20 years is possible only if you start right away.

Or in 2014 atleast. But I can ascertain one thing, if Modi becomes PM, many things in India, ranging from
poverty reduction to law & order and defense production will take a turn for the better. Narendra
has shown good results in Gujarat and he has enough national image and following to repeat the same
all over India.

They guy has a good business mind, however, does not have an iota knowledge about bleeding edge defense technology. He should stick to manufacturing something he can comprehend, Tata Nano.

I know you must hate him because he's from BJP and was accused of communal violence against muslims...
bet lemme tell you one thing, no politician is smart enough to design & build an AESA radar and a turbofan
engine by himself, he just needs to be smart enough to invest in people who are.

And look to it that they get what they need to come up with what they can.

Dude, I don't even know him! :blink:

I know you must hate him because he's from BJP and was accused of communal violence against muslims...
bet lemme tell you one thing, no politician is smart enough to design & build an AESA radar and a turbofan
engine by himself, he just needs to be smart enough to invest in people who are.

And look to it that they get what they need to come up with what they can.

Back
Top Bottom