What's new

India begins work on $2 Billion Exascale Supercomputer for Space & Meteorological Applications

mathematics is useful only in application, and that too minimized... there is no need to have an entire category of people called "mathematicians"... mathematics cannot be a science by itself... rules change in mathematics when better understanding in another field arrives... same case with grammer.

Arre waa
Such a level of stupidity.
Mathematics is the mother of all science.Entire science and technology , all is based on mathematics and its theories.
Great mens found out mathematics even in nature.

Another fanboy...............ask any reasonable engineer worth his salt what we make even in software.
U will get ur answer fanboy,,,quoting useless newspaper articles serves no purpose.

Pakistanis do this all the time

I thought you are the Pakistani here in Indian flag!
A wolf in sheep's clothing!

mathematics is useful only in application, and that too minimized... there is no need to have an entire category of people called "mathematicians"... mathematics cannot be a science by itself... rules change in mathematics when better understanding in another field arrives... same case with grammer.
:cheesy: what are you smoking mate??
mathematics is the language to express science, without maths science is mute.
and supercomputer are useless really?? than who will do the calculations for which a normal computer would take 1000 years?

I thought you are the Pakistani here in Indian flag!
A wolf in sheep's clothing!

Wow,,looks like u are too quick to make stupid assumptions.It actually helps to see the accused person's posts on other threads too.

another nonsense "feel good" project... (1). supercomputers are actually useless, but useful only to mathematicians ( useless people ) and governments ( for self-congratulations ), (2). let me see infosys-iisc-cdac design a microprocessor and operating system.

This real fast super computer could be used for say simulating the universe? Used in studying the collisions of particles moving at near speed of light? But for that you need other infrastructure like that collider in Europe.

Supercomputers are essential for aeronautics, electronic and cyber defence/attack and simulation. The new area is Big Data which can change the face of social science.

What about software development for the same? It is as important as developing the hardware.

If we are able to get the supercomputer by 2020 than it will help us in design of aircrafts, missiles simulation, nuclear simulation, genetics, metallurgy etc.

Could you explain more about Big Data and its role on social science?

i said "mathematicians", not "mathematics"... i said... (a). there cannot be a separate bunch of "experts" called mathematics, (b). usage of mathematics must be minimized to what seems natural, (c). mathematics is not an end in itself, (d). mathematics cannot predict with precision in any dynamic system ( like weather or society ).

very.

wait, please... i will formulate an answer.

what does great grand mathematical modeller, "anova", say about ( in context of india )...

(a). 69 people dying of hunger in that tea planatation.
(b). dogs killing humans all over india yet being given highest respect.
(c). "honor killing".
(d). india being declared "suicide capital of world", officially.
(e). oppressions by money.
(f). highest number of male population in the world and in history... at least 850 million.

truly??

Really ???
Have you heard about probability?
And its application in weather forcasting?

Hey Indian posters stop feeding the trolls. Just ignore and focus on India. This is a great move.

Could you explain more about Big Data and its role on social science?
big data collected from large population will give us much closer estimation of the whole population. Usually we take a small sample of the entire population which is generally a probabilistic representation of the entire population.

And that being?

I am not ur cheerleader here.
U go on feeling happy for the supercomputer being made with usa components while someone needs to think on how to start the fab units in india and not just wafer plants

big data collected from large population will give us much closer estimation of the whole population. Usually we take a small sample of the entire population which is generally a probabilistic representation of the entire population.

Wow, I can see the huge potential. I guess that's why there is a huge demand for big data scientists?

Back
Top Bottom