What's new

India begins work on $2 Billion Exascale Supercomputer for Space & Meteorological Applications

"canadarm" project is of real use... a "supercomputer" which runs mathematical models has no real universe usage.

the "candarm" machinery also uses the "qnx neutrino" operating system, the best os in the world... and written in early 1980's by two canadian civilians ( who didn't have indian government funding ) who then started a private company called "qnx software systems" which is presently owned by blackberry.

it takes a simple ordinary computer to write the best operating system... it takes a small team to design a really innovative microprocessor... i am involved in such a project... that too a clock-less processor.

the future of processors is clock-less, so this indian government plan of using "flops" ( clocked operations ) as measure of superiority is simply inferior.

You are ignored, muted and dumped....

You two did not build the super-computer and it is doubtful you can ever make anything other than a boisterous ego.

please do read the thread and see what i am involved in building...

Ones that don't analyse chicken poop to predict weather

ah, the league of the extraordinary weather modellers... i understand...

Your obsession with processors is WEIRD man. It's like the only thing that matters to you.

he is asking a basic and rightful question.

ah, the league of the extraordinary weather modellers... i understand...

he is asking a basic and rightful question.

Unfortunately the basic and rightful answer is the most economical option, you won't understand that coz you're illiterate.

From the level of immaturity that reeks from your comments it is highly doubtful if you can build a paper-plane never mind anything substantial. I am also a super-duper-scientists who is building a man-portable time-machine.

How old are you kids? This thread is not about you nor about mathematics nor about your academic qualifications or the obvious lack of it. Like a bunch of unruly spoilt children you have to prove your childish rants correct.

Because its the most important thing for progress in the future

Dude, DRDO has processors for missiles and tank controls. If you're saying that we should spend millions on a super computer chip that's available in the open market....we can have out 130 exaflop computer in 2050, when we've retired. You gotta keep your brains working when you think of these things dude. Like Embraer uses Rolls Royce engines. You can cry till the day that 'core technology' is not Brazilian, but they moved ahead with two hoots on this. They aren't spending any money at all in developing 'Brazilian' engines.

This thread is about India building a super-computer. Can we please keep it that way?

You may be a scientist building boom tube, you maybe allergic to mathematics, you may have mathematics for breakfast and you might be an internet-level genius (people who are genius only on the internet). The rest of the people here simply don't give a F.U.*.K.

So can we please stick to the topic so that ordinary mortals like me viewing the thread get to know more things about the project in hand.

But they are ahead of advanced nations like Russia/Canada and many others.
Russia included!
So your line of thinking is flawed.

Source: India begins work on $2 Billion Exascale Supercomputer for Space & Meteorological Applications | Page 6

U are so wrong man

An image is worth thousand words and I am repeating it for dumbos here:

friday59.png

Not only above, but ISRO has produced its own wonderful baby:

Top Indian Supercomputer Boots Up at Space Center

Dude, DRDO has processors for missiles and tank controls.

that "drdo processor" is anupama, having western isa ( instruction set architecture ), probably "mips"... and nothing special about the i/o system or memory system or method of usage...

So can we please stick to the topic so that ordinary mortals like me viewing the thread get to know more things about the project in hand.

the topic is spending two billion on buying/using foreign-design microprocessor, operating system and cooling system.

that "drdo processor" is anupama, having western isa ( instruction set architecture ), probably "mips"... and nothing special about the i/o system or memory system or method of usage...

the topic is spending two billion on buying/using foreign-design microprocessor, operating system and cooling system.

We aren't interested in it being 'special', we are interested in it doing it's job.

But they are ahead of advanced nations like Russia/Canada and many others.
Russia included!
So your line of thinking is flawed.

Source: India begins work on $2 Billion Exascale Supercomputer for Space & Meteorological Applications | Page 6

An image is worth thousand words and I am repeating it for dumbos here:

View attachment 151432

Not only above, but ISRO has produced its own wonderful baby:

Top Indian Supercomputer Boots Up at Space Center

Are u serious here??
:coffee:

Its not about scoring brownie points bu truth,,truth is we import all the components of a supercomputer:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom