What's new

India begins work on $2 Billion Exascale Supercomputer for Space & Meteorological Applications

Dude, DRDO has processors for missiles and tank controls. If you're saying that we should spend millions on a super computer chip that's available in the open market....we can have out 130 exaflop computer in 2050, when we've retired. You gotta keep your brains working when you think of these things dude. Like Embraer uses Rolls Royce engines. You can cry till the day that 'core technology' is not Brazilian, but they moved ahead with two hoots on this. They aren't spending any money at all in developing 'Brazilian' engines.

I am getting tired of explaining again and again the application and importance of high performance indigenous chip designs:disagree:

I am getting tired of explaining again and again the application and importance of high performance indigenous chip designs:disagree:

I have a feeling you won't stop until we get the supercomputer in 2050 instead of 2019:angry:

I have a feeling you won't stop until we get the supercomputer in 2050 instead of 2019:angry:

I never said don't make this one,,all i want is increased spending to develop some alternative like china is doing,,,it will take years to mature if we start now.

Thats the point:angel:

[QUOTE="the topic is spending two billion on buying/using foreign-design microprocessor, operating system and cooling system.[/QUOTE]

What a shame! I am sure a super-genius like you can build a super computer for 2,000 dollars or less. So instead of cribbing here why don't you go to your secret lab and work on your project while the rest of us can discuss the topic in peace.

I never said don't make this one,,all i want is increased spending to develop some alternative like china is doing,,,it will take years to mature if we start now.

Thats the point:angel:

Don't worry, the chip industry is coming big time. Power and infra were the problems till now. They'll come down soon enough.

Are u serious here??
:coffee:

Its not about scoring brownie points bu truth,,truth is we import all the components of a supercomputer:hitwall:

With such line of thinking, you should be breaking your head 1000 times, cursing GOI who is importing Window OS in millions, chips for our ICBMs, our nuclear submarines, our Mangalyan/Chandrayan....The list goes on and on...

India has exported these Supercomputers to several countries..

And if thats not enough, read this:
SCIENCE-INDIA: India Beats US Ban on Supercomputer Exports | Inter Press Service

But C-DAC and its supercomputers will also help in such strategic areas as launch vehicle design for India’s successful space programmme. Critics say the same technology can go into India’s missile programme.

C-DAC computing power has already helped the creation and testing of special fibre reinforced polymers (frp) which are critical for the aerospace industry for their great weight-to- strength ration and which are on the list of items banned for export to India.

C-DAC has also developed for the Indian Navy, Computer Aided Wargaming (CAW) and a simulation package for armoured operations meant to help tank commanders develop tactical decision making skills.

Crying baby....Lol

With such line of thinking, you should be breaking your head 1000 times, cursing GOI who is importing Window OS in millions, chips for our ICBMs, our nuclear submarines, our Mangalyan/Chandrayan....The list goes on and on...

India has exported these Supercomputers to several countries..

And if thats not enough, read this:
SCIENCE-INDIA: India Beats US Ban on Supercomputer Exports | Inter Press Service

But C-DAC and its supercomputers will also help in such strategic areas as launch vehicle design for India’s successful space programmme. Critics say the same technology can go into India’s missile programme.

C-DAC computing power has already helped the creation and testing of special fibre reinforced polymers (frp) which are critical for the aerospace industry for their great weight-to- strength ration and which are on the list of items banned for export to India.

C-DAC has also developed for the Indian Navy, Computer Aided Wargaming (CAW) and a simulation package for armoured operations meant to help tank commanders develop tactical decision making skills.

Crying baby....Lol

Another fanboy...............ask any reasonable engineer worth his salt what we make even in software.
U will get ur answer fanboy,,,quoting useless newspaper articles serves no purpose.

Pakistanis do this all the time

Supercomputer-SAGA-220-768x398.jpg

SAGA-220

SAGA-220
is a supercomputer built by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). As of May 2011, it is the fastest supercomputer in the nation with a maximum theoretical speed of 220 TFlops.

It was unveiled on May 2, 2011 by Dr K Radhakrishnan, Chairman, ISRO.

The name SAGA-220 stands for Supercomputer for Aerospace with GPU Architecture-220 teraflops.

I have read it full up to this point. Thank God, we are fighting with at least each other, there is no neighbourhood persons here except one!!....:D Good debate..Every body has his own valid point!!

I have read it full up to this point. Thank God, we are fighting with at least each other, there is no neighbourhood persons here except one!!....:D Good debate..Every body has his own valid point!!

We Indians love to fight each other. Our national animal should have been the crab. It perfectly suits our mentality.

Back
Top Bottom