What's new

India begins work on $2 Billion Exascale Supercomputer for Space & Meteorological Applications

Speak for yourself. I happen to think Indians are very comfortable with fellow Indian's success.

Rest of the worthless posts were trolls seeking attention with their bad behaviour.

Yea it shows how much Indians are appreciating the success of India developing supercomputers. Whatever rows your boat mate.

This can be very useful in study of fluid dynamics. Since current super computers are not fast enough to simulate the aerodynamic phenomenon like boundary layer separations etc. With the arrival of new exa flop computing power, we may perhaps be able to simulate lot more things than what what we do with Terra flop computing power. This will significantly reduce the need of wind tunnel sort of thing and help in aerodynamic designing very fast.

I AM ASKING U CAN U TELL ME WHAT PROCESSORS DO WE USE??
U WILL FIND ANSWER TO UR QUESTION IN THAT.
I didnt get it.. Why u want to hear the Name of that processor. OK my best guess is they will bank uppon a mix of Intel N nvidia.. So what. Brother making a supercomputer is like making ur own home.. In that u dont make clay fire bricks by first installing a brick Killen or cement nither paints N pipes so to do that u just buy it off the shelf. And still u call it ur own home after u build this by some other contractor.. So its obvious u dont need to have all the things made by urself.. And yes about ur view of come make in India is all together is different than what u r braging about..

I am not ur cheerleader here.
U go on feeling happy for the supercomputer being made with usa components while someone needs to think on how to start the fab units in india and not just wafer plants

I think its more important to build the supercomputer.

Fab units will also come in due course of time.

But definitely it's not a good idea not to build a Supercomputer (which is more complex) until we have the fab units in India. You put the money and you can get a fab unit.

Supercomputers have applications in almost all top sectors today from Space to Nanotechnology. So while Supercomputers are a must, I must say Fab units are good to have if you can but not a must. A supercomputer is a must.

You have no idea how much difficult it is to build a top 10 Supercomputer. An Exaflop supercomputer is an extraordinary technological feat. I would be proud if India is able to pull this off. It will be another feat in the great accomplishments of Indian scientists in the world.

India trying to go from 0 to 60 in 1 second flat
pretty ambitious. they don't even have a supercomputer in the petaflop range yet :o:
baby steps is the way to go.

Yes ambitions but not impossible. Anyways if India pulls this off, it would make India numero uno in Supercomputers.

Way ahead of China. hee hee :)

india 132 Exaflops, while what others have is just 1 Exaflop. Man this would mean something. Some members gonna get real hurt in this forum if it comes off. :D

We shoul dnever announce what we are going to do. It just allows our competitors and enemies to build over us. So whatever milestone we reach, is quickly nipped. Learn from other countries.

Yes ambitions but not impossible. Anyways if India pulls this off, it would make India numero uno in Supercomputers.

Way ahead of China. hee hee :)

india 132 Exaflops, while what others have is just 1 Exaflop. Man this would mean something. Some members gonna get real hurt in this forum if it comes off. :D

How do you propose to solve the power efficiency problem?

As things currently stand,my simple back-of-the-pack calculation suggests that India would need one gargantuan 70000MW power plant to generate enough electricity for the 132 exaflop computer。

A power generating capacity that's enough to meet the demands of 24 Mumbais。:D

Processing power and speed are increasing at a phenomenal rate and have peaked exponentially in the last 10 years, so why waste money on making petaflops when we can make exaflops with a little more cash.

I think it would be wise to spread it out
for instance why build one exascale supercomputer when you can build ten 100 petaflop ones.
India has what 9 supercomputers in the top 500

also you gotta consider these supercomputer consume a lot of electricty

Tianhe-2 consumes 17.4MW (24MW with cooling)
Titan consumes 8.2MW

using todays technology and even up to 2020-25 to power a supercomputer that runs in the 100 of exas would require massive electricity or revolutionary efficiency

The Green500 List - June 2014 | The Green500

the most efficient supercomputer right now achieves 4.39GFLOPS/watt

I think it would be wise to spread it out
for instance why build one exascale supercomputer when you can build ten 100 petaflop ones.
India has what 9 supercomputers in the top 500

also you gotta consider these supercomputer consume a lot of electricty

Tianhe-2 consumes 17.4MW (24MW with cooling)
Titan consumes 8.2MW

using todays technology and even up to 2020-25 to power a supercomputer that runs in the 100 of exas would require massive electricity or revolutionary efficiency

The Green500 List - June 2014 | The Green500

the most efficient supercomputer right now achieves 4.39GFLOPS/watt

You are taking these Indian news items too literally. Westerners should not make that mistake. Wait a few years. There will be committee appointed to investigate this project's feasibility, then a sub committee appointed to determine that committee's composition, then a committee to investigate corruption in the workings of this committee. Finally a report will be submitted in 2022 that such a computer will face significant scientific and financial hurdles and is not required at present.

@jamahir ok, give me one answer.

Newton was mathematician or not, did computer developed the new concepts of calculus? Nikola Tesela was mathematician or not? Thomas Edison was mathematician or not? Was Neil Bohr mathematician or not? Was Einstein mathematician or not? Schrodinger, Heisenberg and Plank was mathematician or not? By those beautiful mathematics developed the current world electronics industry. the Stephen Hawking is mathematician or not? The Michio Kaku is mathematician or not? The concepts and mathematics of Black Hole developed by these mathematicians or by computer? Did the mathematics of String Theory developed by mathematicians or by computer?

Give me one answer, the mathematics of Superposition and Entanglement given by human or by computer, from which future computer going to develop? Mathematicians doesnt do just 2+2, or you even dont able understand the work of mathematicians or being a mathematicians.

Thats why BARC, Fermi Lab or LHC dont hire idiots like you, but a real mathematicians.

Last edited:
Perhaps India should first look into quantum computing.. the power and processing capability from that would solve the other issues by themselves with such a huge leap.

Perhaps India should first look into quantum computing.. the power and processing capability from that would solve the other issues by themselves with such a huge leap.
From what I know (I could be wrong), quantum computing is still a long way away from becoming a useable, practical reality.

@jamahir ok, give me one answer.

Newton was mathematician or not, did computer developed the new concepts of calculus? Nikola Tesela was mathematician or not? Thomas Edison was mathematician or not? Was Neil Bohr mathematician or not? Was Einstein mathematician or not? Schrodinger, Heisenberg and Plank was mathematician or not? By those beautiful mathematics developed the current world electronics industry. the Stephen Hawking is mathematician or not? The Michio Kaku is mathematician or not? The concepts and mathematics of Black Hole developed by these mathematicians or by computer? Did the mathematics of String Theory developed by mathematicians or by computer?
Give me one answer, the mathematics of Superposition and Entanglement given by human or by computer, from which future computer going to develop? Mathematicians doesnt do just 2+2, or you even dont able understand the work of mathematicians or being a mathematicians.
Thats why BARC, Fermi Lab or LHC dont hire idiots like you, but a real mathematicians.

It all began with Bodhayana. Without bodhayana and Bhaskara, there would be no AL-JABAR(a persian who translated indian mathematics into Arabic). Without AL-JABAR, there would be no Algebra(works of Al-jabar were translated into Latin, which were named as Algebra because europeans thought arabs invented it). Without Algebra, there would be no sudden era of discoveries in Europe in last 250 years(innovations don't happen suddenly, they require a continuity of hardwork & thought, that's the reason europeans were importers till year 1750, failed to innovate anything. But after colonizing india, suddenly they started innovating Edison,Newton etc. in last 250 years, now we know where all came from).

In summary, India is beggar because it lost "Mathematics" of Sanskrit under British rule.

Modi is doing the right thing, by re-juvenating "lost links" of indian mathematics, physics, chemistry, philosophy, biology, philanthrophy & innumerous areas to bring back the foundations & bring back the continuity of thought processes.

India is on right path. Well done, Hindutva. baby, i am proud of you. :tup: :devil:

Let the secular losers whine. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom