What's new

India begins work on $2 Billion Exascale Supercomputer for Space & Meteorological Applications

U go on feeling happy for the supercomputer being made with usa components while someone needs to think on how to start the fab units in india and not just wafer plants

Morons dime a dozen?
Anyone?

Lol

People just jump into the fray without any knowledge about semiconductors...
Fab = Semiconductor Fabrication Plant.
To do what?
To manufacture wafers!
Lol at morons here...

Someone is looking for a knowledge punishment tonight?

yup there is and many Indian companies are also providing services on big data.

Just wondering is computer science or computer engineering background a must? Im sure you may need a PhD? Is the focus on Big Data building better algorithms to harness all this data effectively?

Just wondering is computer science or computer engineering background a must? Im sure you may need a PhD? Is the focus on Big Data building better algorithms to harness all this data effectively?
I think computer engineering is must. I don't know much about it, my friend is working on some software platform like hadoop which is used to manage big data.

I think computer engineering is must. I don't know much about it, my friend is working on some software platform like hadoop which is used to manage big data.

Thanks for the info. Im trying to figure out what major I should focus on.....I think computer has more growth and $$ compared to finance, accounting, etc

More the computing power, better will be our nuclear test simulations :)

Thanks for the info. Im trying to figure out what major I should focus on.....I think computer has more growth and $$ compared to finance, accounting, etc

If u r doing fundamental sciences, take up Mathematics or Physics. India won't respect you, but USA+Russia+China will.
If you are in bio, then take bio-instrementation or Genetic-research.

If you are going for engineering, then take mechanical engineering(its same as computer engineering, plus very big scope in jobs).

Computer engineering is crap, its for Shudras. The way it was promoted in india, was a huge scam. It destroyed 2 whole generations of indian education output.

Meet people working in the field, ask them "what u do whole day, can u describe in details..what they ask u to do". You will get idea what it is.

This westernized method of education is piece of crap, in my opinion. In this, u learn books+theory first. Only in 4th year u realize what u will be working on in companies. This is pure non-sense. It is like putting u in a trap without telling u what "work" u will be doing whole life.

Our indian method of education system(JATI based) was better. In that, u are directly sent to factory to start work on actual instruments first, without any bookish training. Once u get along nicely with that instrument's exterior, then they start teaching u details of it - what is inside, how it works. The approach is more human because you actually touch, see and feel waht u r dealing with first, before jumping into bookish knowledge. This way ur life is also more happy because u have idea/clues about what u r working on. In western system of education, u are treated in donkey who doesn't know where the road is going, till the road ends and some crap gutter appears as destination.

Western system is crass, inhuman(not compatible with the way of brain adapts to new knowledge). In this, you move from inside to ouside, that's why u feel "lost".
Indian system(JATI) is far superior, its natural way of learning. In this, u move from outside towards inside(similar to how Yoga works!), there is no feeling of getting "lost" because u know the outside boundaries of it.

Last edited:
India trying to go from 0 to 60 in 1 second flat
pretty ambitious. they don't even have a supercomputer in the petaflop range yet :o:
baby steps is the way to go.

India trying to go from 0 to 60 in 1 second flat
pretty ambitious. they don't even have a supercomputer in the petaflop range yet :o:
baby steps is the way to go.
I think we can pull of this one.Our first supercomputer was second fastest of that time.
If we talk about recent times,in 2008 the supercomputer we launched was 4th fastest.
Currently we have 4 supercomputers in top 100 but none in top 10.Basically we were left behind a liitle bit because of lack of funds but now is our chance again.

If u r doing fundamental sciences, take up Mathematics or Physics. India won't respect you, but USA+Russia+China will.
If you are in bio, then take bio-instrementation or Genetic-research.

If you are going for engineering, then take mechanical engineering(its same as computer engineering, plus very big scope in jobs).

Computer engineering is crap, its for Shudras. The way it was promoted in india, was a huge scam. It destroyed 2 whole generations of indian education output.

Meet people working in the field, ask them "what u do whole day, can u describe in details..what they ask u to do". You will get idea what it is.

This westernized method of education is piece of crap, in my opinion. In this, u learn books+theory first. Only in 4th year u realize what u will be working on in companies. This is pure non-sense. It is like putting u in a trap without telling u what "work" u will be doing whole life.

Our indian method of education system(JATI based) was better. In that, u are directly sent to factory to start work on actual instruments first, without any bookish training. Once u get along nicely with that instrument's exterior, then they start teaching u details of it - what is inside, how it works. The approach is more human because you actually touch, see and feel waht u r dealing with first, before jumping into bookish knowledge. This way ur life is also more happy because u have idea/clues about what u r working on. In western system of education, u are treated in donkey who doesn't know where the road is going, till the road ends and some crap gutter appears as destination.

Western system is crass, inhuman(not compatible with the way of brain adapts to new knowledge). In this, you move from inside to ouside, that's why u feel "lost".
Indian system(JATI) is far superior, its natural way of learning. In this, u move from outside towards inside(similar to how Yoga works!), there is no feeling of getting "lost" because u know the outside boundaries of it.

If you are talking about engineering, innovation can only be done for a complex system (which most are nowadays) if the person knows the theory. A readymade machine will only make the person biased towards its design which may not be the best.
For e.g. In aerospace technology, you don't arrive at a new turbo-jet engine by looking at the designs of the previous engine. You study the theory, the core ideas behind it and then develop on it. Also, for a complex system, you can't get a feel of the machine because every single part is a specialization in itself. For an engine, there is a structural scientist for blade strengths, aerodynamic scientist for lift computation, metallurgical scientist for blade materials. If you show an entire engine, what "feel" for the scientist are you trying to get.
And please tell me, what "feel" of the system you can give to a computational fluid dynamics scientist? They have to freeze an entire design without ever seeing the structure built before they complete their simulation! Theories are the building blocks of a system, you can't start without that.

Your idea applies to job of a worker in a factory. Not suitable for innovation in designs and future developments. You should not train your future generation to be a factory worker. You should train the person to be an innovator, a pioneer.

Last edited:
Processing power and speed are increasing at a phenomenal rate and have peaked exponentially in the last 10 years, so why waste money on making petaflops when we can make exaflops with a little more cash.

We Indians love to fight each other. Our national animal should have been the crab. It perfectly suits our mentality.

If only we had the guts and brains to fight. :disagree:

Most in pdf just sit around and moan, crib, criticize and moan some more and then call others some nasty name :lol:........pathetic creatures.

We should have 1 supercomputer in each of the iit's and then in next phase all the nit's
For your this brilliant idea..india has already planned 100 - 120 small supercomputers for the same to be installed at the lenght and breath of Indian premier institutions with the likes of centeral universities, iits, iisrs, nits, csir labs, drdo labs, ISRO labs.... U name it

If only we had the guts and brains to fight. :disagree:

Most in pdf just sit around and moan, crib, criticize and moan some more and then call others some nasty name :lol:........pathetic creatures.

We Indians feel uncomfortable with fellow Indians' success. The way these two kids here this he man and jamatir were cribbing and moaning was disgusting. It was clear that they did not have anything to back their claims but simply trolling for the sake of it.

We Indians feel uncomfortable with fellow Indians' success. The way these two kids here this he man and jamatir were cribbing and moaning was disgusting. It was clear that they did not have anything to back their claims but simply trolling for the sake of it.

Speak for yourself. I happen to think Indians are very comfortable with fellow Indian's success.

Rest of the worthless posts were trolls seeking attention with their bad behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom