What's new

India at the Olympic: why no one ever considers the genetic angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The famed West African genetics failed to win a single gold in Olympics...why? cuz whther those black genes grew up in a developed society or not matters

Btw I'm going on a tangent, but, do you realize African Americans and West Africans aren't exactly same genetically? African Americans are between 25-40% white, some even more.

Indians are not cut out for sports but they run global internet companies, do space exploration, are otherwise talented in music and arts. Where is Pakistan in comparison?
@Joe Shearer @jamahir @Dalit

Where are Pakistani medals since 1992? Pot calling the kettle black

If only Pakistan didn't devote much of its smaller resources to the military it would have enough to have a proper space exploration agency and also be a welfare state.
It’s not about money but will, Pakistan has the technology of Satelite Launch Vehicles because it has tech of long range ballistic missiles, it has always been the will. Skyroot, Bellatrix, Agnikul and Orbit-X are some Indian space startups who have invested in heavy R&D and are going to launch their own space vehicles from next year onwards (by next year I mean among the 4 companies, next year the first private space vehicle will be launched of Skyroot, subsequently others will also).

World’s smallest satelite was made by an Indian student Rifath Shahrukh known as KalamSat named after our great scientist and former president Dr, APJ Abdul Kalam.

It just requires support.

ISRO is supporting space exploration in India in terms of imparting knowledge and providing resources for private entities to come up with solutions.

Pakistan can also do the same, starting with removing the Lt. General who’s the chief of SUPARCO as a Soldier’s duty is to protect the nation, a Scientist should be made the chief for a good start.

Last edited:
Btw I'm going on a tangent, but, do you realize African Americans and West Africans aren't exactly same genetically? African Americans are between 25-40% white, some even more.

I do realize that...but West Africans from English speaking Carribean have much less admixture..point is blacks get their athletic strength from their famed West African genetics (sickle cell mutation, myostatin mutation etc etc)...But unless these blacks have been nurtured in a developed society or a middle income society or in a Soviet style sports mad regime (Cuba), they are not going to perform.....Nigeria is the world's largest source of West African genetics....and they failed to win a single gold medal this Olympics

I am not denying genetics... I will give you that..Indians have horrible genetics...But even with horrible genetics if India improves nutrition, vaccination, fumigation and training (out lay of probably 50-100 billion euros a year), India even with shatty genetics can bag double digit worth of gold medals ....We started this dawn in 2008 but corrupt Congress meant it was a False Dawn...if everything went right since then, we should have had at least 4 Gold medals in 2020 Olympics...anyways let this be a new dawn and let in 2040..India win 10 gold medals at the very least ..It is doable even with bad genetics

These two videos I find fascinating

This would be too simplistic of an explanation without putting forward the lineage of all the medal holders or the big names in sports from South Asia.
Personally i don't think genes have a large part to play here and the abysmal performance of subcontinent is mainly due to under-funding and neglect than anything else. Take for example the wrestling, Gama pehalwan was one of the top wrestler once, Hashim Khan and Jan sher Khan practically ruled squash, Pakistan and India collectively have more world cups in hockey, we have Neeraj Chopra now, India and Pakistan have obtained medals in boxing and wrestling in the past. All of these sports require tough mental and physical fitness.
The real problem here is the absence of ecosystem which can prepare future generation of athletes making it easier for South asian athletes to compete with their western counterparts.
It is too depressing to think that South Asia did not win medals as it should have.
If we get cricket in Olympics, then we’ll see that “gene” theory is true to the subcontinent or not.

Nadeem did his best and I appreciate it, even Neeraj said it. Thing is that this guy is floating conspiracy theories like crazy.

For me both India, Pakistan and to some extent Bangladesh should be ashamed of themselves.

This guy here is trying to find out the possible reasons of failure and i feel he should add Pakistan in the same list when trying to find reasons for failure.

I do not agree if genes play any role because there are multiple competitions which doesn't require physical stregnth(if he meant indians are genetically weak) or flexibility example shooting, archery etc. What role does genes play in those competitions? What about Equestrian competitions? Pakistan and india probably only country who love to have Khota Rairis(Donkey carts) in their cities yet do not want to ride a horse. Nothing to do with genes at all.

For me both India, Pakistan and to some extent Bangladesh should be ashamed of themselves.

This guy here is trying to find out the possible reasons of failure and i feel he should add Pakistan in the same list when trying to find reasons for failure.

I do not agree if genes play any role because there are multiple competitions which doesn't require physical stregnth(if he meant indians are genetically weak) or flexibility example shooting, archery etc. What role does genes play in those competitions? What about Equestrian competitions? Pakistan and india probably only country who love to have Khota Rairis(Donkey carts) in their cities yet do not want to ride a horse. Nothing to do with genes at all.
In Delhi (honestly speaking) there is an extreme lack of basic sports infrastructure, let alone some national or international standards, then I still feel proud that our guys gave their best performance considering that India’s sports infra is pathetic.

India could likely easily raise their gold medal count to 10 or 15 if it invested into raising the lower threshhold of poverty and sanitary conditions and improving basic accomodations like China did. In terms of athletic prowess much of it lauded giant human resource pool is lost to stunted growth. But that would require stricter population control, effective form of governance and a competent government.

India could likely easily raise their gold medal count to 10 or 15 if it invested into raising the lower threshhold of poverty and sanitary conditions and improving basic accomodations like China did. In terms of athletic prowess much of it lauded giant human resource pool is lost to stunted growth. But that would require stricter population control, effective form of governance and a competent government.

This here...we can shut down the thread...the last decent response....after this the trollfest will only continue

It’s not about money but will, Pakistan has the technology of Satelite Launch Vehicles because it has tech of long range ballistic missiles, it has always been the will.

Agreed.

Skyroot, Bellatrix, Agnikul and Orbit-X are some space startups who have invested in heavy R&D and are going to launch their own space vehicles from next year onwards (by next year I mean among the 4 companies, next year the first private space vehicle will be launched of Skyroot, subsequently others will also).

I know that Bellatrix has investment from Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone.

Though Orbit-X I don't know about. Will read up.

Will watch the vid after a round of book reading.

Also, :lol: Skyroot's logo is similar to SpaceX's. But no shame in that.

World’s smallest satelite was made by an Indian student Rifath Shahrukh known as KalamSat named after our great scientist and former president Dr, APJ Abdul Kalam.

Well, about small sats... actually about most sats I believe there are too many of them now in Earth orbit and if continued will cause serious collision risk with human launches or the ISS. So my wish is that student satellite projects can be drastically limited and those few that remain be launched and controlled under direction of the UNOOSA. Also, the student sat projects in the world can be merged, made more serious and science oriented and can be launched say once every five years. Students can also be allowed to send experiments to the ISS so that student sats can be avoided when possible.

ISRO is supporting space exploration in India in terms of imparting knowledge and providing resources for private entities to come up with solutions.

Pakistan can also do the same, starting with removing the Lt. General who’s the chief of SUPARCO as a Soldier’s duty is to protect the nation, a Scientist should be made the chief for a good start.

Agreed.

our countries are poor as shit it has nothing to do with genes

I grew up playing basketball in canada, the tallest hoopers i knew from south asia were always punjabis. I know at least 10 punjabis who are like 6"6.

For reference im a 6'2 pashtun, and the only other pashtuns i met taller than me were related to me. Theres already been indian nba players although they havent got anywhere yet but basketball is one of the sports where its all based on genetics and the potential is there

YOu have consistently made good reply..Why are Punjabis (be it Indian or Pakistani) are taller than Pashtuns even when both of them get full nutrition and care for the first 20 years of life?

and our countries will be super shatty at the Olympics till we break the psychological $10K GDP per cpita nominal..though I guess there will be significant uptick in Athletic performance once we cross the lower barrier of $5k gdp per capita nominal

In Delhi (honestly speaking) there is an extreme lack of basic sports infrastructure, let alone some national or international standards, then I still feel proud that our guys gave their best performance considering that India’s sports infra is pathetic.
I remember sometime back, Lakshmi Mital invested in a sports complex or a program to find talent from Indian rural areas. I don't know what happened to that program but problem here is that the infra is missing in India and it is virtually non existent in Pakistan. I remember Indian hockey board offered to fund Pakistani hockey team after finding out the terrible state of affairs in Pakistan hockey federation.

Pakistan, India and Bangladesh need to invest in sports for a better future of their generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom