What's new

India asks US Embassy not to screen movies at American Centre

Media want to calm people down and ease tensions and say evrything will be good in the end to not feed anger and hate between our nations.

Then Italian media is a LOT more mature than Indian media.

Indian media is one of the worst media in the world for stirring up hatred against Italy, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Australia, China and now USA.

I do respect india and indian lifes. Thats why we saved indian sailors in the past from somali pirates. They were very grateful we saved their life. You assume we should not do that in future? That was save any other nationality and let indians stay with pirates? Sorry but that would be unjust and i assure you they will also save your nations citizens in future.

If Italy has saved Indian lives we are grateful for that, however that cannot excuse killing of innocent fishermen by trained trigger happy gunmen with scant resepct for human lives. Even if they are in service of the Italian govt.

The two matters are not related so bringing that up here serves no purpose.

And no, the media is not setting up for a dramatic confrontation. There are politicians and groups in italy who want a confrontation. Who want revenge, kick indians out of italy and some right wing groups even plan attacks on indian people and their business here. Media want to calm people down and ease tensions and say evrything will be good in the end to not feed anger and hate between our nations. So far it worked, italians are very worried but try to be calm...which is hard for italians...You know very well that any prison sentence in indian jail would be unacceptable for italy. Its something italy could never agree with. It would basicly end our national security because our soldiers couldn't protect our ships anymore and we would have to stop all ships in the world. India knows that as well and india is aware of that.

Italy is free to kick out Indians. That is your right and privilege. You are free to do anything that comes under YOUR purview.

You keep stressing on a 'Special' Italian nature which seems to indicate we are expected to grant "Special" privilege in accordance to that 'deviant behavior'. This is similar to pakistan expecting India to ignore them sending terrorists into India. You see how this works ?

In any case your National security is limited to the Geographical boundaries of YOUR nation. NOT Indian territories. Italy was mistaken to think it could do the COWBOY act in Indian Territory and get away with it.

Italy has to act in accordance to International Law and live with the consequences of living within that law. If that means you cannot send ships to other parts of the world then that it how it has to be. If you are somehow under the delusion that Italy can get away by shooting Indian citizens in Indian waters under the guise of National security then you are mistaken. Such stand will not get any buyers in India.

It is a diplomatic issue and you know that. So see it realistic. What you show is basicly a decleration of war against italy. You offer no solution acceptable for italians and you think its ok to treat us bad. Thats no honorable behavior in my opinion. Im sad tjose fishermen died but it was an accident,

I agree that his is an diplomatic issue and it has to be settled in accordance to satisfaction of both India and Italy. Not only to the satisfaction of Italy......... or India.

Indian media is one of the worst media in the world for stirring up hatred against Italy, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Australia, China and now USA.

It's all momentary. It will only last till it is getting them TRP's , eventually everyone including the media will be back to normal. As far as stirring hatred is concerned your own media is not much better with respect to India , USA and Israel.

This is ridiculous! What kind of pressure is this? Not watching a movie? lol!

Is this even some pressure?

I want to ask our government; what about that poor maid?

Though the unilateral action from US is also not appropriate, but will the maid get her due salary and will Devyani be booked for using her position as a diplomat to bring in such workforce?

I don't understand why some of my fellow Indians are quiet about the injustice against the maid.

Book US, but at least give justice to the maid who is also an indian national.

It's all momentary. It will only last till it is getting them TRP's , eventually everyone including the media will be back to normal.

Not at all.
Indian media jumps from one foreign bogeyman to the next.

As far as stirring hatred is concerned your own media is not much better with respect to India , USA and Israel.

On balance, the Pakistani media is much more pro-India than is the general population.
Anyway, the topic is not about Pakistan.

Not at all.
Indian media jumps from one foreign bogeyman to the next.

As I said it's all momentary. There will be a cooling period and then according to the situation there will be another target. All targets are momentary though. Except for Pakistan.

Eg: Australia. After 2009 attacks on Indians there has hardly been any negative reporting about Australia in India. All positive.

Do you follow Italian media? How do you know that?

I agree with you that a lot of popular Indian media outlets are very immature.

That's for the courts to decide. Once they've decided, they will take action accordingly. That may be imprisonment in India or if they're lucky, they will be extradited to Italy and then serve their sentences there.

Italy can not accept imprisonment in india because that goes againt italian law. In that case they would be evacuated. The indian officials are aware of that. Its against human rights as well because evryone must have contact to his family and people.

If Italy has saved Indian lives we are grateful for that, however that cannot excuse killing of innocent fishermen by trained trigger happy gunmen with scant resepct for human lives. Even if they are in service of the Italian govt.

The two matters are not related so bringing that up here serves no purpose.

Italy is free to kick out Indians. That is your right and privilege. You are free to do anything that comes under YOUR purview.

You keep stressing on a 'Special' Italian nature which seems to indicate we are expected to grant "Special" privilege in accordance to that 'deviant behavior'. This is similar to pakistan expecting India to ignore them sending terrorists into India. You see how this works ?

In any case your National security is limited to the Geographical boundaries of YOUR nation. NOT Indian territories. Italy was mistaken to think it could do the COWBOY act in Indian Territory and get away with it.

Italy has to act in accordance to International Law and live with the consequences of living within that law. If that means you cannot send ships to other parts of the world then that it how it has to be. If you are somehow under the delusion that Italy can get away by shooting Indian citizens in Indian waters under the guise of National security then you are mistaken. Such stand will not get any buyers in India.

I agree that his is an diplomatic issue and it has to be settled in accordance to satisfaction of both India and Italy. Not only to the satisfaction of Italy......... or India.

Well what you expect us to do? We saved until now dozens of indian sailors from somali pirates. That will end in case our soldiers get jailed in india. It is unacceptable for Italy and you are aware of that. Indian ships will not get help. Indian crews will not get rescued and indian hostages will not get free. In case of hostage rescue our troops would only bring other nationalities out and let the indian there with the pirates. Since european ship corporations also pay the release money for the hostages, they would not pay for the crew members with indian nationality. That would make the indian sailors worthless for the pirates and you know the consequences. Party Leader of Lega Nord Mr Bossi already made clear that in that case Italy would not do anything to help indian crewmembers in operations under Mission Atalanta. Our soldiers will not risk their lifes for rescue of indian hostages if India acts openly hostile towards Italy.

Italy and India both share hundred years positive relations and close friendship. Sonia Gandhi is from Italy. We see India as our friend. And i hope you do realize what that all means for us now. That entire conflict heats us up to the burning point. One of our ministers already left government, because he saw it against his honor to send those soldiers back to india. The government is on the breaking point because of that. The italian Prime Minister promised with his honor to the families of the soldiers that evrything will be good and they will be safe and with their families.

If india would bring them into an indian jail, that would be the greatest humilation for italy since WW II. India would spit into the face of italy...a country that is one of its closest international friends. Such a decission would be impossible for Italy to accept and the events that would follow it can´t be known and could be drastical.

It is sad enough that this accident did happen. I feel sad for the families of those two fisherman and nobody in italy is ignorant about it. But it must be done anything possible to not let that conflict between two allied nations escalate beyone repair. It is not a court decission and evryone knows that. Its a diplomatic one. And i´m honest, i don´t know much about indian foreign politics and all that. But i hope india does not throw an old friend away like that.

You say there must be a solution that both nations can agree with? How should that look like?

And you should understand one thing. That italy send those two soldiers back to India, means alot of trust we have in india to not do harm to us. No other nation did that ever before. USA even has a law that allows them to send a special unit to attack the prison and release their soldiers.

As you noticed it was not an easy decission for italy. We gave our honor and souverignity into indias hands, because we trust it as a friend to honor it and make the right decission. I hope india is aware of that and knows its responsibility towards a friend.

Well what you expect us to do? We saved until now dozens of indian sailors from somali pirates. That will end in case our soldiers get jailed in india. It is unacceptable for Italy and you are aware of that. Indian ships will not get help. Indian crews will not get rescued and indian hostages will not get free. In case of hostage rescue our troops would only bring other nationalities out and let the indian there with the pirates. Since european ship corporations also pay the release money for the hostages, they would not pay for the crew members with indian nationality. That would make the indian sailors worthless for the pirates and you know the consequences. Party Leader of Lega Nord Mr Bossi already made clear that in that case Italy would not do anything to help indian crewmembers in operations under Mission Atalanta. Our soldiers will not risk their lifes for rescue of indian hostages if India acts openly hostile towards Italy.

Italy and India both share hundred years positive relations and close friendship. Sonia Gandhi is from Italy. We see India as our friend. And i hope you do realize what that all means for us now. That entire conflict heats us up to the burning point. One of our ministers already left government, because he saw it against his honor to send those soldiers back to india. The government is on the breaking point because of that. The italian Prime Minister promised with his honor to the families of the soldiers that evrything will be good and they will be safe and with their families.

If india would bring them into an indian jail, that would be the greatest humilation for italy since WW II. India would spit into the face of italy...a country that is one of its closest international friends. Such a decission would be impossible for Italy to accept and the events that would follow it can´t be known and could be drastical.

It is sad enough that this accident did happen. I feel sad for the families of those two fisherman and nobody in italy is ignorant about it. But it must be done anything possible to not let that conflict between two allied nations escalate beyone repair. It is not a court decission and evryone knows that. Its a diplomatic one. And i´m honest, i don´t know much about indian foreign politics and all that. But i hope india does not throw an old friend away like that.

You say there must be a solution that both nations can agree with? How should that look like?

And you should understand one thing. That italy send those two soldiers back to India, means alot of trust we have in india to not do harm to us. No other nation did that ever before. USA even has a law that allows them to send a special unit to attack the prison and release their soldiers.

As you noticed it was not an easy decission for italy. We gave our honor and souverignity into indias hands, because we trust it as a friend to honor it and make the right decission. I hope india is aware of that and knows its responsibility towards a friend.

There are a few points I need to make.

India let the two soldiers return to Italy through an expression of good will. It could have been decided to chuck them in a prison till their day in court.

Which Italian law requires that they be returned to Italy?

See the issue is now one of 'National Pride' because we don't dispute the fact she broke the law but was there a need to strip search her and conduct a cavity search? this to a so called strategic partner in India! Also the Americans last time stopped our President Abdul Kalam and frisked him :disagree:

There are a few points I need to make.

India let the two soldiers return to Italy through an expression of good will. It could have been decided to chuck them in a prison till their day in court.

Which Italian law requires that they be returned to Italy?

India let american soldiers who shot indians dead go home with out all that charade. French soldiers were also let go. Both countries, USA and France give a shit about india and would use brute force to free them. We feel that this is a misuse of our friendship.

India did not dare to face against USA and France. But Italy is a close friend of India and many in italy feel like India uses our friendship now for internal show.

There is a law to never leave anyone behind. Italy can not and will not leave those two soldiers alone.

The topic is hot in italy. There a giant posters of the two in many cities. Huge italian corporations like Ferrari, MSC, Fincantieri, Costa and so on make commercials with them. Roman monuments are shut down to remember their case. Beside all that Italy still want deal that with India under 4 eyes. The entire EU already offered help...but italy said it want deal with india at moment alone...

Indian diplomats say that this entire case brings the friendship between italy and india to the breaking point. And thats terrible...as said before italy and india have a decade long friendship.

Just one thing, Italian cruise ships sail under italian flags. Indian crew members get same money as their italian friends. Thats unqiue in the world. Look all american, german or other cruise ships sail under Panama and Bahamas...and because of that give their indian crew slave salarey.

India let american soldiers who shot indians dead go home with out all that charade. French soldiers were also let go. Both countries, USA and France give a shit about india and would use brute force to free them. We feel that this is a misuse of our friendship.

India did not dare to face against USA and France. But Italy is a close friend of India and many in italy feel like India uses our friendship now for internal show.

There is a law to never leave anyone behind. Italy can not and will not leave those two soldiers alone.

The topic is hot in italy. There a giant posters of the two in many cities. Huge italian corporations like Ferrari, MSC, Fincantieri, Costa and so on make commercials with them. Roman monuments are shut down to remember their case. Beside all that Italy still want deal that with India under 4 eyes. The entire EU already offered help...but italy said it want deal with india at moment alone...

Indian diplomats say that this entire case brings the friendship between italy and india to the breaking point. And thats terrible...as said before italy and india have a decade long friendship.

Just one thing, Italian cruise ships sail under italian flags. Indian crew members get same money as their italian friends. Thats unqiue in the world. Look all american, german or other cruise ships sail under Panama and Bahamas...and because of that give their indian crew slave salarey.

The first part never happened. French, American, Martian, if you kill somebody, you are subject to Indian law. No French or American soldier that has shot Indians has gone home without a trial. Not one. That's patently a falsification.

And even if it was true, there is not a force on Earth that would have helped them. The Americans would have washed their hands off the soldiers.

The EU didn't offer to help. If you think I'm wrong, show me some proof. Anecdotes don't count. Other countries actually lined up to support India.

Outgoing Italian premier defends move to send back marines - The Hindu

^ To prove my last statement.

I couldn't give a shit whether Indians get paid the same as Italians. That has no effect on this case. None whatsoever.

The first part never happened. French, American, Martian, if you kill somebody, you are subject to Indian law. No French or American soldier that has shot Indians has gone home without a trial. Not one. That's patently a falsification.

And even if it was true, there is not a force on Earth that would have helped them. The Americans would have washed their hands off the soldiers.

The EU didn't offer to help. If you think I'm wrong, show me some proof. Anecdotes don't count. Other countries actually lined up to support India.

Outgoing Italian premier defends move to send back marines - The Hindu

^ To prove my last statement.

I couldn't give a shit whether Indians get paid the same as Italians. That has no effect on this case. None whatsoever.

Simply because you are racist against italians.

The american vessel USNS Rappahannock opened fire on indian fishermen and killed one.

"On July 16, 2012, the Rappahannock was involved in an incident in the Persian Gulf off the coast of Dubai with an Indian fishing boat that the US Navy Fifth Fleet claimed approached the ship despite several warnings.[2] (This has been disputed by those on board the boat[3] and by India's ambassador to the UAE[4]). “An embarked security team aboard a U.S. Navy vessel fired upon a small motor vessel after it disregarded warnings and rapidly approached the U.S. ship,” Lt. Greg Raelson, media officer for U.S. Navy, said in an e-mailed statement. According to the Navy's Central Command Public Affairs, the Navy vessel followed its force protocol by first attempting to warn away the approaching craft with a series of non-lethal procedures using voice, radio, and lights. After those failed the Rappahannock escalated to lethal force, firing on the approaching vessel with a .50-caliber machine gun,[5] killing an Indian fisherman on board and wounding three others."

India stayed silent. Same as french soldiers shot indians in central africa.

EU foreign minister Cathrine Ashton says India breaks international law and EU supports italy 100%

India-Italy Row: EU Warns New Delhi; Has India Violated International Law? - International Business Times

EU warns India against violating Vienna Convention | Business Standard

But as i said, you want basicly war between our nations and i think thats sad after decades of close friendship.

Simply because you are racist against italians.

The american vessel USNS Rappahannock opened fire on indian fishermen and killed one.

"On July 16, 2012, the Rappahannock was involved in an incident in the Persian Gulf off the coast of Dubai with an Indian fishing boat that the US Navy Fifth Fleet claimed approached the ship despite several warnings.[2] (This has been disputed by those on board the boat[3] and by India's ambassador to the UAE[4]). “An embarked security team aboard a U.S. Navy vessel fired upon a small motor vessel after it disregarded warnings and rapidly approached the U.S. ship,” Lt. Greg Raelson, media officer for U.S. Navy, said in an e-mailed statement. According to the Navy's Central Command Public Affairs, the Navy vessel followed its force protocol by first attempting to warn away the approaching craft with a series of non-lethal procedures using voice, radio, and lights. After those failed the Rappahannock escalated to lethal force, firing on the approaching vessel with a .50-caliber machine gun,[5] killing an Indian fisherman on board and wounding three others."

India stayed silent. Same as french soldiers shot indians in central africa.

EU foreign minister Cathrine Ashton says India breaks international law and EU supports italy 100%

India-Italy Row: EU Warns New Delhi; Has India Violated International Law? - International Business Times

EU warns India against violating Vienna Convention | Business Standard

But as i said, you want basicly war between our nations and i think thats sad after decades of close friendship.

Are you serious. That incident occurred in the Persian Gulf. Indian authorities have no authority there.

Yes they cautioned India against violating Vienna Conventions. Nothing to do with support for the marines. Nothing at all.

Lol, I want war? Seriously, are you trying to be silly. How exactly is this war going to happen? When neither country can deploy troops against each other.

Back
Top Bottom