What's new

India asks US Embassy not to screen movies at American Centre

Movie halls of all kinds need licenses to operate. I can't believe we allowed the Americans to screen movies without obtaining a license. We have been far too nice to them up until now , which apparently hasn't been reciprocated from the other side.

Anyway, speaking of American movies , did anybody see Wolf of Wall Street :rofl: Had a blast. Must watch. Dicaprio deserves an Oscar for this at least.

err juice... I think you are over reacting. as a part of a clamp down on piracy or simply to be in the "know", there laws on the book that have similar requests in the US too.

Even our planetariums need the required license to show movies. Even our libraries have the requisite permission needed to show films.

Lo behold the chinese speaks of gangster style and crimes... :lol:
Was the American Center a public entertainment place....could anyone just go there and buy a ticket to a movie like they do in a planetarium or a movie theater??Or was it private??

@MarkusS Bro I am glad you realized what you did was wrong and that's why you got such bad and hilarious responses from us Indians. Indians do not have anything against Italy or Germany, hell not even UK. I work with HP at the moment and i interact with clients from all over Europe and majority of them are very very understanding & friendly. Now on topic come on imagine if it was two Indian soldiers who shot two Italian or German fishermen, honestly tell me how these two countries would have responded? I do not blame the Italian Marines cause we do not know what was the situation which led to them discharging rounds at the fishermen. But then again they were innocent fishermen who lost their lives so as per international law its a crime. Hence, they were arrested. I am sure the Italian government would have also done the same thing if it was Indian soldiers.

Also we do not have any problems you saying good things about Pakistan, personally i am happy cause Pakistan does not have a good image internationally nowadays, its nice to know people still have respect for ordinary Pakistani citizens but the reason you got such a bad response from Indians is cause you insulted India. Duh .....you should have expected it. Anyways i hope we can have better discussions in the future.

Have a good day.

@MarkusS Bro I am glad you realized what you did was wrong and that's why you got such bad and hilarious responses from us Indians. Indians do not have anything against Italy or Germany, hell not even UK. I work with HP at the moment and i interact with clients from all over Europe and majority of them are very very understanding & friendly. Now on topic come on imagine if it was two Indian soldiers who shot two Italian or German fishermen, honestly tell me how these two countries would have responded? I do not blame the Italian Marines cause we do not know what was the situation which led to them discharging rounds at the fishermen. But then again they were innocent fishermen who lost their lives so as per international law its a crime. Hence, they were arrested. I am sure the Italian government would have also done the same thing if it was Indian soldiers.

Also we do not have any problems you saying good things about Pakistan, personally i am happy cause Pakistan does not have a good image internationally nowadays, its nice to know people still have respect for ordinary Pakistani citizens but the reason you got such a bad response from Indians is cause you insulted India. Duh .....you should have expected it. Anyways i hope we can have better discussions in the future.

Have a good day.

I´m sorry that those two fisherman lost their lifes and unfortunately we can´t bring them back to life. But i hope indians are aware, that it was an accident. From what i heared they went very fast towards the ship. Its most likely the huge ship which was guarded went close to the nets of those fishermen and they tried to safe their nets. They did not react for warnings. They were warned in english and italian. They propably did not understand that...The soldiers believed its a pirate attack and shot...It was a terrible mistake from both sides that caused desaster. I hope indians do understand those soldiers are not murderers. They did not want murder or did it on purpose.

Unfortunately we italians have a bigger heart than brain in hard times and tend to get too emotional...and do stupid things then. Like i did here...our government made mistake too and wanted first both of them not go back india. They both have family and small children here. If court sends them jail...or even worse in jail in india far away from their families, that would be a desaster for italy and our feelings...If i think if i would be in their shoes...if i did such a mistake and then put into prison in a country sooo far away. Where nobody speaks my language and i can´t see my family...i would prefer death...

Italy and India are close friends. Our nations did anything bad against each other. Sonia Gandhi is from italyand very famous person in india. So i hope your judges don´t make a hard decission against our soldiers and italy. My english is far from perfect...but i hope you understand.

I´m sorry that those two fisherman lost their lifes and unfortunately we can´t bring them back to life. But i hope indians are aware, that it was an accident. From what i heared they went very fast towards the ship. Its most likely the huge ship which was guarded went close to the nets of those fishermen and they tried to safe their nets. They did not react for warnings. They were warned in english and italian. They propably did not understand that...The soldiers believed its a pirate attack and shot...It was a terrible mistake from both sides that caused desaster. I hope indians do understand those soldiers are not murderers. They did not want murder or did it on purpose.

Unfortunately we italians have a bigger heart than brain in hard times and tend to get too emotional...and do stupid things then. Like i did here...our government made mistake too and wanted first both of them not go back india. They both have family and small children here. If court sends them jail...or even worse in jail in india far away from their families, that would be a desaster for italy and our feelings...If i think if i would be in their shoes...if i did such a mistake and then put into prison in a country sooo far away. Where nobody speaks my language and i can´t see my family...i would prefer death...

Italy and India are close friends. Our nations did anything bad against each other. Sonia Gandhi is from italyand very famous person in india. So i hope your judges don´t make a hard decission against our soldiers and italy. My english is far from perfect...but i hope you understand.

I agree the soldiers aint murderers they were just doing there job protecting the ship. Even i hope the soldiers do not get any harsh punishment but in the end life is not fair be it the fisher men or the marines. I hope a decision is made which benefits everyone.

Also if it were Indian soldiers arrested by the Italians I do not think it would have gone any different cause in the end law is law. And don't worry the marines are being kept in a hotel last time i checked and been given access to the outside world also.

1. Those Fisherman were Unarmed so there was NO reason to assume they were pirates.

2. Those Fishermen were in Indian Economic Zone so it was clear they were Indians.

3. There is NO RECORD of pirates operating in Indian waters.

4. They had NO business warnings Indians in Indian waters. There is/was NO reason for Indians to take warnings of a Foreigner on Indian waters.

From the above evidence it appears that the Marines were Trigger happy and were extra eager to Play Hero against unarmed fishermen.

I am not even going to consider the probability that they held those poor fishermen in contempt and thought themselves are someone superior enough to pass judgement and Murderous action on others.

It looks like a clear case of Murder. At worst a case of Man Slaughter.

However what is VERY CLEAR is that they did shoot the fishermen on Purpose and with INTENT to KILL.

Irrespective of how you try to spin it, the fact remains that FIRST the Marines showed CONTEMPT for Indian Lives THEN your Government showed CONTEMPT for Indian Law and Judicial process.

It is a shame that Men with Families and Children think so little of other people with Families and Children. As far as I am concerned, they deserve NO sympathy.

However if they feel they would rather choose death over a life in prison in India, they can plead for it. India does have the Death penalty.

Relationship between India and Italy is irrelevant to the matter at hand. Indian Judge will not even give that any consideration. The judgement will purely be on the merit of the case, and the Color of the accused skin, his religion, his nationality, his race will all be irrelevant.

1. Those Fisherman were Unarmed so there was NO reason to assume they were pirates.

2. Those Fishermen were in Indian Economic Zone so it was clear they were Indians.

3. There is NO RECORD of pirates operating in Indian waters.

4. They had NO business warnings Indians in Indian waters. There is/was NO reason for Indians to take warnings of a Foreigner on Indian waters.

From the above evidence it appears that the Marines were Trigger happy and were extra eager to Play Hero against unarmed fishermen.

I am not even going to consider the probability that they held those poor fishermen in contempt and thought themselves are someone superior enough to pass judgement and Murderous action on others.

It looks like a clear case of Murder. At worst a case of Man Slaughter.

However what is VERY CLEAR is that they did shoot the fishermen on Purpose and with INTENT to KILL.

Irrespective of how you try to spin it, the fact remains that FIRST the Marines showed CONTEMPT for Indian Lives THEN your Government showed CONTEMPT for Indian Law and Judicial process.

It is a shame that Men with Families and Children think so little of other people with Families and Children. As far as I am concerned, they deserve NO sympathy.

However if they feel they would rather choose death over a life in prison in India, they can plead for it. India does have the Death penalty.

Relationship between India and Italy is irrelevant to the matter at hand. Indian Judge will not even give that any consideration. The judgement will purely be on the merit of the case, and the Color of the accused skin, his religion, his nationality, his race will all be irrelevant.

It is sad you want destroy any future relations between italy and india. But i accept your opinion. Italy is indias friend. I won´t comment your other remarks who i see as wrong. Your "deat" comment shows that you have no respect for human life.

I agree the soldiers aint murderers they were just doing there job protecting the ship. Even i hope the soldiers do not get any harsh punishment but in the end life is not fair be it the fisher men or the marines. I hope a decision is made which benefits everyone.

Also if it were Indian soldiers arrested by the Italians I do not think it would have gone any different cause in the end law is law. And don't worry the marines are being kept in a hotel last time i checked and been given access to the outside world also.

grazie! I´m sure evrything will be good at the end. I just hope it it doesn´t take so much time anymore.

It is sad you want destroy any future relations between italy and india. But i accept your opinion. Italy is indias friend. I won´t comment your other remarks who i see as wrong. Your "deat" comment shows that you have no respect for human life.

Any relationship without mutual respect is NOT WORTH having. Be it Italy or USA or China or your personal relationships.

If Italy is India's friend let it first act like a friend and stop shooting Indian fishermen in Indian waters and then defend that action and take steps to subvert Indian judicial process.

Last edited:
Any relationship without mutual respect is NOT WORTH having. Be it Italy or USA or China or your personal relationships.

If Italy is India's friend let it first act like a friend and stop shooting Indian fishermen in Indian waters and then defend that action and take steps to subvert Indian judicial process.

The indian ocean is full of pirate activity. Indian merchant ships itself get victims of that. Our mission Atalanta already saved indian sailors from somali pirates. Thats the sad truth. Those fishermen drived very fast towards the ship. They reacted to no warning. It was the duty of those soldiers to protect the crew of this ship and they did the necessary thing to protect the ship. If same happens again, same could happen. Its as simple as that. Undortunately there is a huge pirate problem in the indian ocean. Your assumption that no pirate attacks inside indian waters happen is wrong. It did happen in the past and the indian waters are considered the 3rd most dangerous in the world for pirate attacks

Indian waters third worst for pirate attacks - Times Of India

If i would be crew of a ship, i would act the same way in the same situation as well and would always react like that. If india wants avoid such cases it needs to deal with its pirate problem and find a solution to secure its own boarders for merchant ships. Until then accidents like this can happen and most likely will happen again.

That has nothing to do with mutual respect but with common sense. If a boat speeds towards the ship i guard, reacts to no warning, then i would shot as well and not wait till they climb on the ship and take the crew hostage.

Italy and India can work together to solve that pirate problem in future to avoid such tragic accidents. But at the end it is what it is, a tragic accident. And evry country needs to protect its soldiers against any means. Those two soldiers are under the protection of italy. They are hosted inside the italian embassy and not at the hands of the indian judical system. They are facing court there, because we respect india and show that we do work together with india to solve that case. That alone shows that we respect india and want work together. But i assure sou, italy will not allow any harm to its soldiers. Thats a diplomatic issue and nothing else. Italy and india have a deal over that and i assure you that they will be free because otherwise italy would have never agree to send them there in the first place.

So i advice you to go a more friendly and open approach towards italy and not let your hate for european people act you in such a hateful way.

@MarkusS

Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea are are defined as Indian waters by our media but I am talking about "Indian Waters" in the strict legal terms. This constitutes India's exclusive economic zones.

There is NO HISTORY or record of any Pirate attack in Indian waters.

As to the rest of the Indian Ocean and Arabian sea, Italy is free to propose a joint task force to cleanse the area of pirates. India is not a global police man (YET) to clean up the mess.

If Italy has a duty to protect Italian soldiers, India govt. has a duty to protect Indian citizens (including fishermen). If you think Indian govt. (or Indian public) is going to value Italian lives over Indian lives you are sadly mistaken.

Since the matter is sub Judice, No DEAL is going to work in this case. I suspect your media is setting you up for a dramatic confrontation.

So my advice to you is to have more respect towards India and not let your hate for Indian people act you in such a hateful way.

@MarkusS

Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea are are defined as Indian waters by our media but I am talking about "Indian Waters" in the strict legal terms. This constitutes India's exclusive economic zones.

There is NO HISTORY or record of any Pirate attack in Indian waters.

As to the rest of the Indian Ocean and Arabian sea, Italy is free to propose a joint task force to cleanse the area of pirates. India is not a global police man (YET) to clean up the mess.

If Italy has a duty to protect Italian soldiers, India govt. has a duty to protect Indian citizens (including fishermen). If you think Indian govt. (or Indian public) is going to value Italian lives over Indian lives you are sadly mistaken.

Since the matter is sub Judice, No DEAL is going to work in this case. I suspect your media is setting you up for a dramatic confrontation.

So my advice to you is to have more respect towards India and not let your hate for Indian people act you in such a hateful way.

I do respect india and indian lifes. Thats why we saved indian sailors in the past from somali pirates. They were very grateful we saved their life. You assume we should not do that in future? That was save any other nationality and let indians stay with pirates? Sorry but that would be unjust and i assure you they will also save your nations citizens in future.

And no, the media is not setting up for a dramatic confrontation. There are politicians and groups in italy who want a confrontation. Who want revenge, kick indians out of italy and some right wing groups even plan attacks on indian people and their business here. Media want to calm people down and ease tensions and say evrything will be good in the end to not feed anger and hate between our nations. So far it worked, italians are very worried but try to be calm...which is hard for italians...You know very well that any prison sentence in indian jail would be unacceptable for italy. Its something italy could never agree with. It would basicly end our national security because our soldiers couldn't protect our ships anymore and we would have to stop all ships in the world. India knows that as well and india is aware of that.

It is a diplomatic issue and you know that. So see it realistic. What you show is basicly a decleration of war against italy. You offer no solution acceptable for italians and you think its ok to treat us bad. Thats no honorable behavior in my opinion. Im sad tjose fishermen died but it was an accident,

I do respect india and indian lifes. Thats why we saved indian sailors in the past from somali pirates. They were very grateful we saved their life. You assume we should not do that in future? That was save any other nationality and let indians stay with pirates? Sorry but that would be unjust and i assure you they will also save your nations citizens in future.

And no, the media is not setting up for a dramatic confrontation. There are politicians and groups in italy who want a confrontation. Who want revenge, kick indians out of italy and some right wing groups even plan attacks on indian people and their business here. Media want to calm people down and ease tensions and say evrything will be good in the end to not feed anger and hate between our nations. So far it worked, italians are very worried but try to be calm...which is hard for italians...You know very well that any prison sentence in indian jail would be unacceptable for italy. Its something italy could never agree with. It would basicly end our national security because our soldiers couldn't protect our ships anymore and we would have to stop all ships in the world. India knows that as well and india is aware of that.

It is a diplomatic issue and you know that. So see it realistic. What you show is basicly a decleration of war against italy. You offer no solution acceptable for italians and you think its ok to treat us bad. Thats no honorable behavior in my opinion. Im sad tjose fishermen died but it was an accident,

That's for the courts to decide. Once they've decided, they will take action accordingly. That may be imprisonment in India or if they're lucky, they will be extradited to Italy and then serve their sentences there.

Back
Top Bottom