What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a stupid question!! if it wasn't allowed then how many people are converted every year??

If it is allowed by your religion then who are you guys to stop it by force?

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

"Whoever changed his (Islamic) religion, then kill him" Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:84:57

there is NO such thing in QURAN.

anyway open a new thread we can debate it there.

India is probably a much easier destination for these Christian evangelicals from America. In almost all Islamic countries these 'tourists' would be hounded up and 'dealt with' quickly. But Indians--especially Hindus--are being alarmed by these conversions--sometimes violently.
I think it all sounds so hunky dory to say that religion -should not- matter and hence all kinds of conversions are okay. Reality is often more complex. Even in the 21st century. Change of religion has often been a toe-hold of imperialism historically.
Essentially, all this would make sense if we read Marx even now. It is ultimately all about 'materialism' and religion is a soft, subtle tool to advance one group of people's material causes against the other ones.
Not making any moral judgement here. Just saying that we need to understand human motives better.

these christain missionaries have become trouble all over India...

how come? i mean what indians have problem with these missionaries. Religion is personal, if someone changes his religion, no one should have problem.

Those who are doing it have NO right to do it according to our law and as well as our religion. so the bottom line is its simply a murder.

Now come back to the topic and tell us why you are opposing free conversions to Christianity ?

There is a flaw in your statement, its not FREE conversions

how come? i mean what indians have problem with these missionaries. Religion is personal, if someone changes his religion, no one should have problem.

problem is not when they convert people by giving money or any other sort of material bribe...problem arises when they fool illiterate people....
and does your religious books allow conversion from islam to other religion?

Funny to see Pakistanis of all people talking of secularism (a dirty word in Pakistan) and religious freedom!

They would definitely want more people in India to convert. We understand. ;)

And if you do that, what right do you have to talk of these things?

Muslims don't claim to be secular...or should I say most Pakistani don't claim to be secular...so that means you are lying to your self.....how embarrasing and shameful.

You touched an extremely sensitive issue here, my friend. For reasons you yourself have written. Though I agree with you on this. We take extra care & precautions when talking to or in front of a muslim.

For xample, topics related to US meddling in countries (most of which are muslim dominated countries), terrorism, open discussions about religious fundamentalism ( we call many babas as dhongi , pakhandi, meaning fake, but can never call the same to an Immam; by "we" i mean people belonging to all other religions except Islam), even anything opposing Arab countries or supporting Israel. Such topics are usually avoided in front of a muslim, as they feel offended. Ecxtremely possessive about their religion.

100% agree with you...

I have a Muslim friend in my class , he is in our group ( I am a college student) , I was the first one to get the news of Osama's death and i was so much careful in announcing the news to my friends , reason being at some part of my Heart i felt he may feel left out or maybe offended (dont know why, but thats my mentality)... I know that i should never feel like this but i cannot get this feeling out of me, and while i was conveying the news to my friends he smiled but remained quite!! I dont want to generalize people !! and i should also tell you that he is as Indian as you and me,!! but i think its completely my fault...

in one more incident i and my some Hindu friends were discussing about religion (casually) but the moment my Muslim friend entered we all changed the topic..and also we never poke him the way we do to each other...

If it is allowed by your religion then who are you guys to stop it by force?

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

there is NO such thing in QURAN.

anyway open a new thread we can debate it there.

so you guys dont follow hadith?
you are right it is not the right thread to discuss it..

100% agree with you...

I have a Muslim friend in my class , he is in our group ( I am a college student) , I was the first one to get the news of Osama's death and i was so much careful in announcing the news to my friends , reason being at some part of my Heart i felt he may feel left out or maybe offended (dont know why, but thats my mentality)... I know that i should never feel like this but i cannot get this feeling out of me, and while i was conveying the news to my friends he smiled but remained quite!! I dont want to generalize people !! and i should also tell you that he is as Indian as you and me,!! but i think its completely my fault...

in one more incident i and my some Hindu friends were discussing about religion (casually) but the moment my Muslim friend entered we all changed the topic..and also we never poke him the way we do to each other...

I dont generalize, but you treating him differently... so sad !

and does your religious books allow conversion from islam to other religion?

But then please say that India is not secular...its only in name that is supposely written down in your constitutuion.

allowed by scripture...or by the hindu society (which clearly is against it)

what gives you idea that society is against conversion at will, if that would have been the case my best friend's mum would have kicked him out of the house (he converted to Christianity).. instead they celebrate Christmas with as much joy as Diwali

so you guys dont follow hadith?
you are right it is not the right thread to discuss it..
although its the topic in discussion...but its not blind following in Islamic teaching... the two sources are totally of different origin, one is divine and other is humanely collected...

now back to the topic.

India is a secular country, just live with this fact. we are not known for extremism but peace.. if its difficult to digest then take Hajmola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom