What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forced/coerced conversions are banned, not willful conversions. Case in point - AR Rahman - the music maestro - converted to Islam from Hinduism.

force conversion or reversion is at life threats... which often happens in India.

Forced conversion is quite pathetic to be honest. And in fact illegal in 5 states of India. Hopefully all the states will follow suit.

And this applies for people from every religion.

Yes, and why these missionaries were being expelled ? were they forcing with guns or offering their way of life with free consent?

That is understandable. No one is objecting to punishment or actions taken on basis of law. but read the news the clear reason that is that they accused of intending to convert Hindus.

this is not isolated case there had been such cases. the main point here is that if India is secular and if Indians claim that Hinduism is not a religion and if Indians claim that Hindus are allowed to worship any object then why this resistance to conversion to Christianity ??

How it is damaging India? and why ?

except Pakistan whole world salutes India's secularism and democracy, India is the only country to provide subsidies to Muslims going to mecca, I dont consider Sikh as minority as they are same as Hindus in many practice and Christians are not at all discriminated in our country, They are infact proud Indian Christian and again they mix well in the crowd...

but i think that Muslims somewhat feel isolated , and thats there in every country with Muslims.. they are strongly connected with their religion and thats what stop them to mix with people from other religion, but generally they are not discriminated..!! infact we try to make them not feel left out..

in case of christian, sikh, buddhist people, we can speak anything and touch any volatile topic as we are sure they will not be offended as they are as proud and as Indian as us but i must admit that when it comes to Muslim we have to take extra precautions to not hurt them, I dont know whether evryone will agree with me but generally muslims are reserved but thats not the problem of Indians or India..

Strong attachment to religion is what stop muslims from mixing well with people from other religion but that my personal opinion

i do not oppose missionaries like mother teresa but what i see today is quite horrible...have you ever watched GOD TV?

Let me tell you something I was born in the UK and every week since the age of 5, I see the Johovah witness people coming to my door and trying to convert me to there religion. I respectfully decline but we do exchange are different views. At the same time people are getting converting by the Johovah, but does that make me angry because I believe that they are getting fooled...no it doesn't. The Johovah Witnes also try to convert people...but end of the day its freedom of expression, and people feel like changing, well its none of mine or your business.....remember Indians claim to be secular...so please at least follow something in which you flaunt so proudly in this Forum.

Gubbi tell me what is forced conversion here if Missionaries give money and other such promises and people knowing that they are being offered these for conversion, they do convert so why Indians are calling it forced conversion?

Isnt it haram in Islam to coerce people to convert by offering them money or other goodies? Providing money or promises of other material benefits to convert is coercion. Conversations by coercion is banned because it gives people a sense of false hope. Basically you are committing a fraud by promising people something when you very well know you cannot/will not deliver.

Banning coerced/forced conversion has actually nothing to do with religions. Its a criminal offence to commit fraud and forced/coerced conversions are just that. Atleast the IPC sees it that way, someone who knows Indian laws told me.

Conversion is a one way process. Hinduism is at a disadvantage because one can get out of it, and reconversion to hinduism are next to nil.

Yes, and what these missionaries being expelled ? were they forcing with guns or offering their way of life?

Its quite sad that these people call themselves missionaries, and yet only help these poor people if they convert to their religion. They should be ashamed of themselves if anything.

Gubbi tell me what is forced conversion here if Missionaries give money and other such promises and people knowing that they are being offered these for conversion, they do convert so why Indians are calling it forced conversion?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

lolzz yara the one who killed Gandhi

ahh...... I was wondering, why I havenot read of him or his name in history....

Its quite sad that these people call themselves missionaries, and yet only help these poor people if they convert to their religion. They should be ashamed of themselves if anything.

they are selling a product. why should they continue to give their services to those who dont get convinced ?

you know what they do? they add medicinal pills in water and give it to ill people as "holy water"

And where did you hear this rumour, can you please provide a link. In Addition if they do, so what its in there belief that drinking the holy water will cure them. Its like that case in India where a child has a tail poking from her back, Hindues claim she is a reincarnation of Hanuman, however doctors say if she is not treated, she will die. So going by that logic a Christian can also question the Hindues, that they are cheating people, and that the Guru's are using this in making money.

Conversion is a one way process. Hinduism is at a disadvantage because one can get out of it, and reconversion to hinduism are next to nil.
your religious text say that ?

but your fellow boys say you can be anything while being hindu? its like if you are born hindu, you cannot get out of it...

Isnt it haram in Islam to coerce people to convert by offering them money or other goodies? Providing money or promises of other material benefits to convert is coercion

But Indians in this Forum claim that they are secular.....Pakistani's don't, in addition if you are going to preach that you are Secular at least follow it, otherwise you are just embarrasing your self. Just some friendly advice.

:agree: agreed. thats the main reason conversion from Hinduism is disliked by Indians. but here the issue when you yourself chose to propagate secularism then its becoming too difficult to stick to two sides

But Indians in this Forum claim that they are secular.....Pakistani's don't, in addition if you are going to preach that you are Secular at least follow it, otherwise you are just embarrasing your self. Just some friendly advice.

How can you prove that Indian members here are not secular??? read their post carefully, there's nothing non secular thing they have posted..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom