What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
these people who convert do understand their mistake and reconvert to hinduism

But then you are contradicting your self, because in one instance you say people are getting fooled and are forced to convert, but on the otherhand you are saying people are reconverting to Hinduism. If that is the case why do you have such a issue with the Chritians, let the decisions of the common man dictate how it should go.

that is against secularism. as far as Indians dont like conversions what is the reason for that? what about those who want to convert for better life ?

What do you know about secularism?

As a Pakistani, as a Muslim and as a tribal, isn't it a dirty word for you, a word of abuse?

Indians don't want conversions because we have seen this leads to social issues. It remains our choice.

We don't kill our apostates unlike some others.

Our Prime Minister is Sikh, President of ruling party is catholic, last President was Muslim, thats a distinction which can be seen only in India

If the Indian Hindu tribals believe in curing by this water then whats wrong in it? after all they also believed in everything on earth as a god and had been worshiping many objects.

Isnt parshad is presented as something sacred ??

what you see illegal in it if they are accepting what is being promoted to them by their free will.

Why do you kill apostates in Islam?

And if you do that, what right do you have to talk of these things?

Isnt it haram in Islam to coerce people to convert by offering them money or other goodies? Providing money or promises of other material benefits to convert is coercion. Conversations by coercion is banned because it gives people a sense of false hope. Basically you are committing a fraud by promising people something when you very well know you cannot/will not deliver.

Banning coerced/forced conversion has actually nothing to do with religions. Its a criminal offence to commit fraud and forced/coerced conversions are just that. Atleast the IPC sees it that way, someone who knows Indian laws told me.

1. No this is not haram but according to Islam we say if someone is converting to our religion for any material benefit then its his for personal interests and not for religion. but there is NO bar in converting this way either.

BTW why are you hiding behind what Islam says and what not. arent we talking about Hinduism and conversions?

2. whether it gives people sense of false hope or not you or anyone else is not a judge to that as long as the individual/s is willing to convert for money or food. that is his/her right and we should not be the ones to force our yardstick on them.

3. This is no fraud.

3. tell me does Hinduism allow conversion to other religion?

except Pakistan whole world salutes India's secularism and democracy, India is the only country to provide subsidies to Muslims going to mecca, I dont consider Sikh as minority as they are same as Hindus in many practice and Christians are not at all discriminated in our country, They are infact proud Indian Christian and again they mix well in the crowd...

but i think that Muslims somewhat feel isolated , and thats there in every country with Muslims.. they are strongly connected with their religion and thats what stop them to mix with people from other religion, but generally they are not discriminated..!! infact we try to make them not feel left out..

in case of christian, sikh, buddhist people, we can speak anything and touch any volatile topic as we are sure they will not be offended as they are as proud and as Indian as us but i must admit that when it comes to Muslim we have to take extra precautions to not hurt them, I dont know whether evryone will agree with me but generally muslims are reserved but thats not the problem of Indians or India..

Strong attachment to religion is what stop muslims from mixing well with people from other religion but that my personal opinion

You touched an extremely sensitive issue here, my friend. For reasons you yourself have written. Though I agree with you on this. We take extra care & precautions when talking to or in front of a muslim.

For xample, topics related to US meddling in countries (most of which are muslim dominated countries), terrorism, open discussions about religious fundamentalism ( we call many babas as dhongi , pakhandi, meaning fake, but can never call the same to an Immam; by "we" i mean people belonging to all other religions except Islam), even anything opposing Arab countries or supporting Israel. Such topics are usually avoided in front of a muslim, as they feel offended. Ecxtremely possessive about their religion.

As a Pakistani, as a Muslim and as a tribal, isn't it a dirty word for you, a word of abuse?

Indians don't want conversions because we have seen this leads to social issues. It remains our choice.

Good point its not sane to debate about secularism with extremists, :tup:

Why do you kill apostates in Islam?

And if you do that, what right do you have to talk of these things?

Those who are doing it have NO right to do it according to our law and as well as our religion. so the bottom line is its simply a murder.

Now come back to the topic and tell us why you are opposing free conversions to Christianity ?

1. No this is not haram but according to Islam we say if someone is converting to our religion for any material benefit then its his for personal interests and not for religion. but there is NO bar in converting this way either.

BTW why are you hiding behind what Islam says and what not. arent we talking about Hinduism and conversions?

2. whether it gives people sense of false hope or not you or anyone else is not a judge to that as long as the individual/s is willing to convert for money or food. that is his/her right and we should not be the ones to force our yardstick on them.

3. This is no fraud.

what a stupid question!! if it wasn't allowed then how many people are converted every year??

yup, you burn them to death...or force them to reconvert to hinduism...

There is no rule in Hinduism on this matter, because when Hinduism originated & rules were written, there was NO OTHER RELIGION at that time.

But then you are contradicting your self, because in one instance you say people are getting fooled and are forced to convert, but on the otherhand you are saying people are reconverting to Hinduism. If that is the case why do you have such a issue with the Chritians, let the decisions of the common man dictate how it should go.

they are fooled in the name of holy water to convert to christianity..when they understand their mistakes they convert back to hinduism..
i dont have any objection with conversion by giving money...i just have objection when tribal people are fooled and converted..and this is not just in India..missionaries are doing it everywhere

http://forum./index.php?showtopic=14093&mode=threaded&pid=188953

Good point its not sane to debate about secularism with extremists, :tup:

lolzz you claim to be "secularists" so why dont you prove it and stop your opposition to free conversion of poor majority of low cast Hindus to Christianity

i see many extremist apologists here from India who are coming up with excuses for opposing free conversions

Those who are doing it have NO right to do it according to our law and as well as our religion. so the bottom line is its simply a murder.

Now come back to the topic and tell us why you are opposing free conversions to Christianity ?

"Whoever changed his (Islamic) religion, then kill him" Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:84:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom