What's new

India approves $50 billion naval build-up

But still, since none of the neighboring countries comes even close to the current capability of IN, their importance in a war in this area is minimal. Even in a war against China, IAF and IA are more important, because defending the Indo - Chinese borders will be the key, not sending a surface fleet to the east. That is the reason why INs budget was lower in the last decades, but why their budget will be increased in future, since power projection and especially the nuclear triad will become important for our defence too. Developing and operating SSBNs and SSNs will be very costly, not to mention at least 3 carriers.

I think India is now understanding that a full scale conventional conflicts like 1965 or 1971 are near impossible, be it China or Pakistan, no country wants war with India for the simple reason that the nuclear weapons capability that all the 3 nations possess makes MAD scenario possible which no country will ever want (but a limited war like Kargil is possible), so now India is thinking that naval power projection or naval diplomacy is more important than maintaining lakhs of troops on borders, this will ensure that Indian interests are taken care of without India having to fight a war (just what the US does).

Here are some of the ~ 100 warships to be inducted -

Project-15A Kolkata-class DDG - 3

Project-15B DDG - 4

Project-17A FFG - 7

Talwar (Krivak-IV) FFG - 5

Project-28 Kamorta-class Corvette - 4

Project-28A Corvette - 8 (yet to be ordered)

Project-51 Saryu-class OPV - 9

And dozens more ships...

Here are some of the ~ 100 warships to be inducted -

Project-15A Kolkata-class DDG - 3

Project-15B DDG - 4

Project-17A FFG - 7

Talwar (Krivak-IV) FFG - 5

Project-28 Kamorta-class Corvette - 4

Project-28A Corvette - 8 (yet to be ordered)

Project-51 Saryu-class OPV - 9

And dozens more ships...

Just for record:

4 LPD
6 P-75I
3 Arihant class subs
1 more Akula-2
1 INS Vishal
8 minesweepers
& many more..........

I love nos :smitten: .... Specially if it adds to military strength of India :D :devil:

@gessler, sorry mate, had to remove the pics (more than 8 image error) :hitwall:

Just for record:

4 LPD
6 P-75I
3 Arihant class subs
1 more Akula-2
1 INS Vishal
8 minesweepers
& many more..........

I love nos :smitten: .... Specially if it adds to military strength of India :D :devil:

@gessler, sorry mate, had to remove the pics (more than 8 image error) :hitwall:

Thatks mate...I think we could go for upto 6 LPDs, and we're getting 4 Arihants, not 3.

S-5 Avinash-class SSBN - 3 or 6 ?

S-1 Arihant-class SSBN - 4

K-152 Akula-II class SSN - 2

Amur-1650 class SSK - 6 (if wins in P-75I)

Scorpene-class SSK - 6 + 3?

This is turning into another future of India thread to allow Indians to escape from reality for a few minutes.

Impressive but as impressive has 30 Type 052C/D, 40 Type 054A with H-18/9,.Modifiyed Yaunan subs AIP,.new Type 099/8 SSN, Loaining carrier, J-15 Fighter and classified Type 055DDG

Impressive but as impressive has 30 Type 052C/D, 40 Type 054A with H-18/9,.Modifiyed Yaunan subs AIP,.new Type 099/8 SSN, Loaining carrier, J-15 Fighter and classified Type 055DDG

Don't make it a comparison thread and invite the trolls.

Anyway, it doen't matter to India what china deploys, as long as it isn't something like USN. Because with the assets we have, and will get in future, we can easily dominate the IOR from anybody. That's all that they are looking to do, not wage WW2 style naval battles with china, with hundreds of ships on each side.

When we test Agni 5 Our Media name it China Killer it's show the world we are so arrogant ,china and pakistan test so many missile but they or their media never ever say something like this even though we know that they can use that missile against us.

i don't know why we consider china our enemy ,we have land dispute with china but never had a seriouse issue that cannot be solve by diplomacy.we are just becoming US proxy in south asia and we are going to do dirty job for US .
If we want to become super power then we should make sure that our neigbourwood is safe and prosperouse .China and India trade value is around 120 billion dollar .

we cannot compete with a nation that manufacturing all the defence needs ,china makes frigate,destroyer and aircraft like making cookies ,on other hand we have license to manufacture Sukhoi 30 MKI how many did produce .

First we have to modernise our society and give them all the modern facility ,good education,cheap and healthy food,good transportion and offcourse Restrooms .

Chinese and indian are brother country if just we remove the war of 1965 we have ancient ties with china .
i don't know how many people visited china ,chinese people are very friendly and respectfull people.

This is turning into another future of India thread to allow Indians to escape from reality for a few minutes.

For all your concern for our military, you're quite not following our Naval developments at all.

I would suggest a few moments on Google specifically for IN. :)

I think India is now understanding that a full scale conventional conflicts like 1965 or 1971 are near impossible, be it China or Pakistan, no country wants war with India for the simple reason that the nuclear weapons capability that all the 3 nations possess makes MAD scenario possible which no country will ever want (but a limited war like Kargil is possible), so now India is thinking that naval power projection or naval diplomacy is more important than maintaining lakhs of troops on borders, this will ensure that Indian interests are taken care of without India having to fight a war (just what the US does).

Then why India plans to deploy 100,000 more troops on China border

India plans to deploy 100,000 more troops on China border | EUTimes.net

Then why India plans to deploy 100,000 more troops on China border

India plans to deploy 100,000 more troops on China border | EUTimes.net
Strong borders are basic necessity for good economic ties when two countries who had been in war and series of disputes and territorial claims.

MAD situation is the last scenario but when we consider nations of size of India and China, skirmishes can happen anytime. Its important to hold your region claimed by other country as they are stronger than you.

Back
Top Bottom