What's new

India and UNSC permanent seat

I think the Indian government is wrong in trying to get into this elite club. It should work with other nations to disband this entire concept of P5. You'll face opposition from my country's power corridors. But, India should help usher the world into the future rather than try and become an edifice of the past. Indians should lobby their government to support disbanding the P5 and work toward establishing a World Body that truly promotes Human Rights and quickly gets rid of oppressive dictators and government. NY's mayor Bloomberg has already said that the UN is a terrible waste of time and the US should limit its financial contributions. There are several personalities within the US that want this UNSC P5 gone as well.

It's a nice dream, but the USA seems to love veto power the most.

Just now they vetoed an Israeli settlement resolution, in defiance of all other P5 members, yet again.

just my openion, for which i'm entitled to!!

Sure, but the Indian government is going for the UNSC seat with veto.

So after they try and fail, they can't start moaning about how the P5 is an "elitist club" and about how unfair it is.

Because people will ask, "why were YOU so desperate to join it then?" :azn:

When India has more economic, military, and diplomatic might than the entire permanent UNSC members than maybe you make can the P5 obsolete.

Otherwise you can keep dreaming.

But, that does not mean all Americans like it. We acknowledge that we need to work internally to make these changes. Several high profile people within America have voiced concern about the ways we work. We dont like a lot of things that our government does and we are actively, always working to introduce change. I hope people in China do the same. Never put up with ridiculous thought processes and oppression.

Sure, but the Indian government is going for the UNSC seat with veto.

So after they try and fail, they can't start moaning about how the P5 is an "elitist club" and about how unfair it is.

Because people will ask, "why were YOU so desperate to join it then?" :azn:

i'm not the spokesperson of indian government. it's upto them to cross that bridge. it shouldn't bother you either as to what people may or may not ask India.

i'm not the spokesperson of indian government. it's upto them to cross that bridge. it shouldn't bother you either as to what people may or may not ask India.

From a purely pragmatic point of view, I don't want too see veto power diluted. Luckily that would be almost impossible.

We may not be as trigger-happy as the USA when it comes to veto power, but damned if we'll be letting it get into the hands of India.

Brazil might be alright though.

One of the things I have noticed in these forums is people act as if they are the official spokesperson of their respective countries. People, we are here to exchange our private views and what each one of us privately think should or should not happen. We are not here to espouse our country's policies. We are here to debate and broaden our horizons. So, can I request all to please stop acting as if they are the official government spokespeople? Thanks in advance, and frankly taking such official positions, is rather annoying.

^^^ For the record, as far as I know, nobody here is an official government spokesperson.

It should go without saying...

Anyone who is under the mistaken impression that this is not an anonymous internet forum, but rather an official governmental debate... you should be worried no longer. :D

This is indeed, an anonymous internet forum.

From a purely pragmatic point of view, I don't want too see veto power diluted. Luckily that would be almost impossible.

We may not be as trigger-happy as the USA when it comes to veto power, but damned if we'll be letting it get into the hands of India.

Brazil might be alright though.

that's your openion my friend. afterall only a fool would want to part with a powerful weapon of that kind!! so.. i'm not surprised where you are coming from!!

One of the things I have noticed in these forums is people act as if they are the official spokesperson of their respective countries. People, we are here to exchange our private views and what each one of us privately think should or should not happen. We are not here to espouse our country's policies. We are here to debate and broaden our horizons. So, can I request all to please stop acting as if they are the official government spokespeople? Thanks in advance, and frankly taking such official positions, is rather annoying.

USA has taken the most advantage of this P-5 position.....All P-5 dont want to relinquish this previledge, why dont you understand...

oyee in ko koi seat de do yaar hamari to jan chooty gee is roz roz ki threads se heeheehe

ye lo yaar main hi deta hoon ab betho or hamara dimagh kharab na kero.

resize

oyee in ko koi seat de do yaar hamari to jan chooty gee is roz roz ki threads se heeheehe

ye lo yaar main hi deta hoon ab betho or hamara dimagh kharab na kero.

resize

Finally a simple and straightforward opinion on this thread! LOL

Back
Top Bottom