What's new

India and UNSC permanent seat

Do you realize that too many vetos and people will simply stop using the UNSC and start looking for alternate dispute redressal mechanisms? With power comes responsibility. I hope the US doesnt end up vetoing things that shouldnt be vetoed in the first place. Then every P5 nation can be lobbied to veto one thing or the other, and the whole thing would come crashing down like a house of cards. And that would sound the death bell for the UNSC as a capable body. A non-functioning body normally goes extinct.
And who got to decide who is responsible and who is not.USA is the only superpower who was always irresponsible.best thing to scrap the UNSC thing and decide all matters through un general assembly votes.

So far it seems, China vetoes only against those countries who recognise Taiwan as an independent country; which India doesn't.

However all-weather is also a case to be concerned.

But that made certain people very cross on US, if China alone vetoes India, that would also make India very cross on China. Now it's upto China if they want to alienate India further.

The USA has used the veto a ridiculous amount of times, usually to defend Israel. That annoys the Islamic world.

India on the other hand is barred from the OIC, so we won't have that problem. Also, we only need to do it once.

Now it's upto China if they want to alienate India further.

India has already designated us as their "boogeyman". They should be kept as far away from the veto as possible.

Not difficult, considering that not one single P5 member, has promised to give India veto power.

So far it seems, China vetoes only against those countries who recognise Taiwan as an independent country; which India doesn't.

However all-weather is also a case to be concerned.

We have vetoed on behalf of Pakistan before, check it yourself. :tup:

The USA has used the veto a ridiculous amount of times, usually to defend Israel. That annoys the Islamic world.

India on the other hand is barred from the OIC, so we won't have that problem. Also, we only need to do it once.

I know you wont have a problem with Islamic world, when did I claim the same? :/

India has already designated us as their "boogeyman". They should be kept as far away from the veto as possible.

Not difficult, considering that not one single P5 member, has promised to give India veto power.

We are discussing a hypothetical situation where all other countries except China have agreed to give veto power.

wat is the need of veto if friendly countries can use each other power?
like israel did today with usa..

wat is the need of veto if friendly countries can use each other power?
like israel did today with usa..

A prestige issue probably, Russia used to veto all resolution against India.

^^^ Yes, our first veto was used on behalf of Pakistan.

Watch for the next one, although I suspect that Pakistan won't even need to ask us for this one anyway.

Moot point though, like I said before... not one single P5 member, has promised to give India veto power.

I agree...I dont think we need an exclusive club. I actually predict the disbanding of the P5 soon. There will be a UNSC but they will be all non-permanent. The UNSC actually has 17 or 18 members I think. I think the P5 nations may have been irresponsible in their decisions already, including my own country. Time to have a UNSC only by rotation and abolishing of veto powers. In any case, even if the UNSC passes a resolution, only very weak countries seem to get affected by it. So, this bureaucratic crap is definitely not needed in the first place. There are not going to be anymore world wars and therefore UNSC has outlived its usefulness. It should be replaced by a body that is designed to prevent smaller, regional conflicts and ethnic wars/genocides. Wars over resources by aiding inhuman dictators that oppress and cause genocide...those are the wars that need to be prevented by the world. There is not going to be any WWIII and UNSC's charter is largely void, therefore. UNSC must be reformed to enforce prevention of HR violations and governmental oppression. That is the real war of today. More Egypts please to kick out the oppressionists and brutal tyrants, wherever they are.

Watch for the next one, although I suspect that Pakistan won't even need to ask us for this one anyway.
Moot point though, like I said before... not one single P5 member, has promised to give India veto power.
Well we will all wait for the UN resolution on this... but at the moment I see China pitted against the rest of the UNSC. It will be interesting to watch the game. Stay tuned.

We are discussing a hypothetical situation where all other countries except China have agreed to give veto power.

The USA and Russia have used their vetoes hundreds of times, and they have never been punished for it.

In this hypothetical example, we will only need to use it once.

ok bud whatever you say! :D

Back
Top Bottom