What's new

India and Pakistan…. both the countries facing one serious issue each

Both India & Pakistan suffer from the same problem.It manifests in different ways.

The path that led to where both nations now are may be different, the problems remain the same - lack of Central authority , no confidence in the Govt . There are no shortage of laws but what is lacking is their enforcement.

This leads to people taking law into their own hands with impunity with complete disregard to central authority and with no fear of retribution.

The only way is to follow the law , If we allow vigilantism then we will end up living in chaos.Yes we have a problem in implementation of the law , but it is improving at least in matters of rape in India, more FIRs are being registered and rape cases are being fast tracked .

It will take time as the problem is not a law and order one but a social one, we need to change the mindset of people to this heinous crime.

Both India & Pakistan suffer from the same problem.It manifests in different ways.

The path that led to where both nations now are may be different, the problems remain the same - lack of Central authority , no confidence in the Govt . There are no shortage of laws but what is lacking is their enforcement.

This leads to people taking law into their own hands with impunity with complete disregard to central authority and with no fear of retribution.

I feel one of the biggest common issues we have in our countries is corruption.
Top people are corrupt, money speaks everything. You can do a crime, pay and get off. And the result of that, the whole country suffers.
And how will people have confidence on Govt. They have to do something substantial to gain the confidence right?
Bribe is so common in our countries.

The only way is to follow the law , If we allow vigilantism then we will end up living in chaos.Yes we have a problem in implementation of the law , but it is improving at least in matters of rape in India, more FIRs are being registered and rape cases are being fast tracked .

It will take time as the problem is not a law and order one but a social one, we need to change the mindset of people to this heinous crime.

Don't u think a stricter punishment is required for rape related crime (not only for the rarest of rare cases) ?

Last edited:
Top people are corrupt, money speaks everything. You can do a crime, pay and get off. And the result of that, the whole country suffers.
And how will people have confidence on Govt. They have to do something substantial to gain the confidence right?

It's an issue but not core one, good governance can rein in corruption. What haunts more is intolerance & moral bankruptcy, a society with these dominant traits cannot progress in a right direction until minds are mend.

Don't u think a stricter punishment is required for rape related crime (not only for the rarest of rare cases) ?
They have already made it life , what is worse? its the implementation which need improvement not the law its self.

It's an issue but not core one, good governance can rein in corruption. What haunts more is intolerance & moral bankruptcy, a society with these dominant traits cannot progress in a right direction until minds are mend.

But don't u think, the terms Good governance and Corruption are in a deadlock.
Good governance can rein in corruption but Corruption won't allow good Governance .... what say?

This is the second time they talk about the rape problem in India on European news channels.
Something should be done,they should be severely punished.

This is the second time they talk about the rape problem in India on European news channels.
Something should be done,they should be severely punished.

T bro.... It's seriously becoming a headache.... everyday Breaking news of rape cases.... wtf.....

Very often we lay the blame of our ills on others. The Politicians, Dictators etc are the easiest classes to pass the blame to.

Corruption too is easy to blame on others. How far are we from the blame ?

People are corrupt because we allow them to be, dictators rule us because we allow them to. Politicians have the courage to be blatantly corrupt because we - the masses do not stand up & say ' enough'.

In India, whether it succeeds things like the AAP & Anna Hazare have served to shake up the system.

One was hoping Imran Khan would do the same in Pakistan.

Mahatma Gandhi said .." Be the change you want to see". .. so long as we both encourage & condone corruption how can things change ?

Very often we lay the blame of our ills on others. The Politicians, Dictators etc are the easiest classes to pass the blame to.

Corruption too is easy to blame on others. How far are we from the blame ?

People are corrupt because we allow them to be, dictators rule us because we allow them to. Politicians have the courage to be blatantly corrupt because we - the masses do not stand up & say ' enough'.

In India, whether it succeeds things like the AAP & Anna Hazare have served to shake up the system.

One was hoping Imran Khan would do the same in Pakistan.

Mahatma Gandhi said .." Be the change you want to see". .. so long as we both encourage & condone corruption how can things change ?

True true, but the problem is if you try to change the system, u'll fail, rather the system will change u.

I dont really know how to irradiate sect problems...If I start listing people will start calling me everything from liberal to Mullah or even non-Muslim....depending on which sect...

1 of the things I recommend is the "re-teaching" of Islam however sadly, every Tom, Dick and Harry will come forward as an expert...or even laugh at the idea (due to ego problems) where they will even refuse to think or ponder on what they believe in may be false and not really Islam but just something they saw their parents do!

I seriously have a problem with all of them coz I dont associate myself with any one!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for rape it is more a lust problem then a denial or ego problem (like sects) hence can be controlled (not irradiated but controlled) by following a few rules:

1) stop desensitizing men...by showing **** and low grade Bollywood and showing women as a body, that is exactly what some men have been programmed to think...I mean look at the above article ...they didnt even have mercy on a 51 yr old woman...that too attacked by not 1 but 8 lunatics!

2) Stricken the laws ...1 of the reasons I like Shariah is it doesnt tolerate problems which become a sad example and gives capital punishment which I am all for!

Rape is a heinous crime it tarnishes the woman for life on every level from mental, emotional, physical and even socially! It is 1 act that just makes a woman unstable for life...something she has to live with which is not even her fault and not to mention how society treats her...it brings too much pain and hence the punishment should be of equal level....

I go for capital punishment...It would set an example and also make sure no other person would repeat it for shear fear of being caught! It wont irradiate mentally challenged people but it will definitely instill enough fear for one to think twice...

3) Make getting a condom difficult...Many get away because of this device which just hinders investigation!

4) Teach women to be wary of social trash ...that is what these low lying men are...if something needs to be handed out freely it is pepper spray not condoms....or encourage women to go for martial arts ....I dont know put extra patrol..something to increase security for women...

5) Build more centers or have a hotline where women can go to the nearest one to complain and seek help (I am talking about the incident where the police refuse to take down the report or the other incident where when a woman complained she was beaten and burnt...) make sure reports are confidential and if caught....give the jerk capital punishment to end it...

Pakistan's issue - How about let loose the army, in other words an operation throughout Pakistan, screen the country catch and kill the terrorists.

India's issue - Promptly catch the criminal. Rape related cases, let the trial take place in a fast track court, quick. Then punish the guilty with death sentence, probably only for rape related cases introduce firing squad. Make the punishment harsh, so that criminals have to think twice before committing such a crime.

At times I find it hard to believe (applicable to both the cases) that the police of the countries, with their countrywide extensive network, are never aware of these plans.

The bold part is the most important one, it's not harsher punishment but surety of punishment that is most important. When people commit crime, they do it because they think they will never get caught, only a robust system that can GUARANTEE that each & every culprit WILL BE CAUGHT and WILL BE PUNISHED, then only we can stop such crimes.

And don't worry, when criminals convicted for crimes against women, like rape, killing of wife, etc. go to jail, what they face inside jail is far worst than firing squad.

Both issues are different. The problem faced by India is rather simple and all it needs is do the justice and create some examples. Any action taken by GOVT will be appreciated by masses. For India they need to create some examples, maybe put some bait, catch some rapists and create examples! Just look at KSA! How they deal with criminals and number of crimes happen in their country. The issue mentioned regarding Pakistan is of totally different nature and its very hard to deal with. Its not just simple matter of justice! It will need understanding from different religious groups to reach some consensus otherwise any action may create wave of disturbance.

The issues are not really different. I had just put forward a couple of terrible examples. But if you look closely, we are facing these issues each and every day.

And it's not that India only faces rape and Pakistan only faces killing (Though I gave the example of an Ahmedi boy but the big picture is killing, it can be this boy because of religious differences or Top cop Chaudhary Aslam, or School boy Aitzaz Hussain or Politician Salman Taseer or Benazir Bhutto), these issues are mutual(just a matter of more and less) and probably the root cause are same. IMO

The bold part is the most important one, it's not harsher punishment but surety of punishment that is most important. When people commit crime, they do it because they think they will never get caught, only a robust system that can GUARANTEE that each & every culprit WILL BE CAUGHT and WILL BE PUNISHED, then only we can stop such crimes.

And don't worry, when criminals convicted for crimes against women, like rape, killing of wife, etc. go to jail, what they face inside jail is far worst than firing squad.

But we never get to know what they actually face. I think everyone in the country needs to know what they face, then only the fear will come. As @Talon had mentioned, people should pass out even thinking about that punishment, only then it might help.

Back
Top Bottom