What's new

India and Pakistan…. both the countries facing one serious issue each

Tone down. Agreed absolutely, it can't be eradicated as crime free world can only be there in books.

'Rapes are highlighted as they are in fashion in media', not sure what u mean by that?

I think he means that the media has now found a convenient narrative. And rape stories fit neatly to that narrative.

Rape happens rampantly in the west too. The conviction rates even in New Zealand is sort of abysmal.

The problem is in India it is this.

1) you have a trial go on for two or more years and the culprit has a probability of being convicted in the single digits.

2) Throughout the trial, the Woman has to clear her reputation first.

3) The society will treat her fate as worse than death. Which is bunkum. Because individual reactions to traumatic events vary. But if you put cultural pressure on, that is an extra hurdle to cross.

4) The processing of DNA evidence is too slow

5) The policemen are still designed to deal with crimes a century ago. They need to be more sensitive in registering complaints.

6) Just because a Woman has been raped, it doesn't mean the end of it, she can still live her life, find love

7) The paternalistic patriarchy is now using Rape as an excuse to keep Woman at home because the outside is not 'safe'

It isn't just enough to toughen laws, but I recommend that boys be encouraged to talk with girls more, there is till a sense of gender segregation. There still isn't enough of a feminist movement that hasn't shaken up the system.

see man those whom watch **** have nothing to do with rape . how on earth after making 3 times HATHLAAS someone can rape ? no way . in fact those whom watch bolly kolly tolly woods do it because they have half satisfaction from them and they always expect full . these semi nude and censored movies are real devil on earth and cause rapes .

I agree. Well more **** wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
So basically u mean it's a socio cultural issue. Agreed!! And I think one's senses develop based on his surroundings and how he's brought up, i.e right from home as per the saying, ' Charity begins at home'.
But who will teach the parents?

I know only Education doesn't help. But how will the situation improve then. With Time? Probably with time people will be more conscious!
Money.....we have to empower women economically...we have make sure they become bread earners.....as long as women are dependent on men they will always be treated as inferiors......inferiors that can be exploited......but if the situation is reversed and women do become bread earners they will automatically become stronger as the will be independent of the male counterpart....when you dont have to depend on someone you dont have to fear him...if a woman is economically independent the law will treat her as equal...also when we talk about rape....the conventional picture of raping a woman at knife point isn't actually the major issue....compared to marital rape(forcing your wife physically or mentally to have sex) conventional rape by thugs and goons are trivial......we have stop marital rape first.That will be a big step towards stopping rape or any mistreatment of women!

You are absolutely correct in suggesting I was over simplifying the problem. But since I can not explain to you how an overwhelming majority of rapists do not wear a condom, it seemed to be the correct course of getting right to the root of the issue. Especially when you have banned a product that could save the victim from an unwanted pregnancy, STD or even AIDS.
Then the question arises why arent Indian forensic labs getting the results required to trash someone in the jail? Nor is any report of forensic evidence ever found in articles or any report of such investigation taking place is reported! Why?
I could very well be able to make a chart explaining how population with no mental or physical resources in a country can lead to crime and subdued anarchy which would mean they can not earn things other than by violence.
No one is actually earning anything from rape :blink:

That was a brilliant reply, force.
Ban motor vehicles because of some hit and runs.

The main problem that I've seen in this matter is looking at the problem from a gender constructionist point of view. You see, the masculinity construction of South Asia has been extremely hegemonised (a form of masculinity where there is power distribution) and our social situation has changed drastically, thus, we need to focus on changing our ideals of masculinity (empowerment of positive attributes as of higher male value than the ones available). That, I believe, is our salvation, stricter laws aren't.
India - Rape problem -

Danish woman allegedly gang-raped, beaten, robbed in heart of Delhi

danish-woman-gang-raped-360x270.jpg

Again. Why can't we hang or shoot the rapists ?

New Delhi: A 51-year-old Danish woman was allegedly beaten, robbed and gang-raped in Connaught Place or CP in the heart of the capital on Tuesday evening, when she lost the way back to her hotel.

The woman, who flew out of the country this morning, has told the police in a statement that she had sought directions from a group of men to her hotel in nearby Paharganj, when they attacked her at about 4.30 or 5 last evening.

She alleged that they took her to an isolated area, where eight men raped her and robbed her of her iPad mini and all the money, in Euros, that she was carrying.

The Paharganj police said the woman had refused a medical examination. They have registered a case and have rounded up 15 people from the area for questioning.

The police said they were informed by the manager of the woman's hotel at about 8.30 last night that a guest had allegedly been raped. Paharganj houses many small hotels popular with foreign tourists and students.

In December 2012, the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old medical student on a moving bus brought angry citizens out on the roads demanding better safety for women in the capital and more stringent rape laws.

The Centre moved fast to introduce stronger laws, but attacks on women have continued with alarming regularity underscoring how unsafe Delhi still is.

The Aam Aadmi Party, which has formed government in Delhi this month, has listed ensuring safety for women in the capital as a priority.

Pakistan - Killing problem -

Murder in the name of Mercy of Mankind

Rest in Peace boy. If not us God will take care of your killers.

A 17 year old Ahmadi Kid Arsalan Sarwar was killed last night by unidentified men in Satellite town, Rawalpindi, while he was helping his Sunni Friends in an event for decoration on Eid Milad-un-Nabi (S.A.W).

Do you think a great service to Islam has been done by murdering an innocent kid on the Prophet's (S.A.W) birthday?

1528629_647540038643141_1516813709_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom