What's new

India and NSG-News, Updates and Discussions.

I thought there's a dedicated thread for NSG news and updates?
Anyway all the best to our Indian friends future NSG ride
It reminded me of a little wisdom: "If dreams were horses Beggars would ride" dream on my friends, its FREE

Means that the Chinese can lump it, next time they will loose serious diplomatic currency as the NSG members really won't bother with it's opposition .

Also means, without being a member we get all benefits
what diplomatic currency? china is self sufficient while the rest of the world is depending on them. Even today china is banned from western defence equipments and MTCR and it has been this case for a long time. what else they can do?

Thier is nothing that india can do to that can force china, and china will never strain its relationship with Pakistan for india as china sees india as a Puppet of west while Pakistan as strategic and regional ally.

No matter how many resolutions you table, china will veto you just like two times in UN in last 6 months and now NSG.

what diplomatic currency? china is self sufficient while the rest of the world is depending on them. Even today china is banned from western defence equipments and MTCR and it has been this case for a long time. what else they can do?

Again - diplomatic currency ...! Sit and figure.

We are getting exactly what we would have got from NSG membership already - we get all benefits of same as the waiver which we have. Question arises why NSG bid?

Modi clearly hinted that there shall be consequences of China taking an anti-India stand. By showcasing a 'failed' bid, India indeed has placed itself in a position where in the world sees India as being a country which makes Chinese feel threatened (Chinese perceptions don't matter here) and China is projected as a country hell bent on containing the economic growth of a country based on renewable sources of energy, that too a country which is now fastest growing economy by slight margin and is expected to remain the course. India already has delayed the implementation of Paris Accord in aftermath of NSG failure.

'Rest of the world' depending on them is a reciprocal relationship, it is also them depending on rest of the world. Theirs is an economy of massive manufacturing base, theirs is also an economy which is slowing due to the fact that their production capacity exceeds their requirement of servicing domestic market and as fiscal constraints creep into Europe and Western nations, the demand is slowing.

Please see the comment I have made in perspective of economic, diplomatic and political approach and make an informed comment.

Last edited:

Thier is nothing that india can do to that can force china, and china will never strain its relationship with Pakistan for india as china sees india as a Puppet of west while Pakistan as strategic and regional ally.

No matter how many resolutions you table, china will veto you just like two times in UN in last 6 months and now NSG.

China has gotten to where it is by acting through pragmatism, the opposite of Pakistan. If opposing India becomes too costly for them they will yield, just like they did with the 2008 waiver, abandoning Pakistan in the process.

China initially claimed India's accession was not going to be part of the discussion. Not only were they proven wrong, but now US has said that India will be part of NSG by year's end and a special panel has already been appointed for that matter.

China was isolated in trying to directly stop India's NSG membership, few other countries were simply worried about procedures none directly opposed. We will see how they act in the next round.

I thought there's a dedicated thread for NSG news and updates?
Anyway all the best to our Indian friends future NSG ride
It reminded me of a little wisdom: "If dreams were horses Beggars would ride" dream on my friends, its FREE

Better a living beggar than a buried emperor.The Emperor dug its own grave at the NSG by standing against the majority for their poor "Dobby".

Hahahaha a strategic ally which cannot stand on its feet al alone and a puppet thats the fastest growing major economy. Man, I must admit you got a very good sense of humor there. You cannot use Veto as a counterweight to personal vengeance, India with all its lobbying can get 40 vetos against your interests at the NSG by not being a member too. Now you will have to surrender your egos to India if not today, tomorrow and you will see that happening when your interest are at stake.

No need to take the Chinese rebuff so hard. I am happy that India is now standing for its interests. I hope India continues to pursue the same aggressive diplomacy. Now it is clear that China is an long term adversary of India. India has to adjust its geopolitical strategies according to the emerging realities of the world. China has made it clear it has arrived. As of now, India has no matching power of China. Grow our economy, make stronger strategic alliances with US and Japan at the same time not go overtly against China or single out China, and wait for the opportune time to strike back against China

Again - diplomatic currency ...! Sit and figure.

We are getting exactly what we would have got from NSG membership already - we get all benefits of same as the waiver which we have. Question arises why NSG bid?

Modi clearly hinted that there shall be consequences of China taking an anti-India stand. By showcasing a 'failed' bid, India indeed has placed itself in a position where in the world sees India as being a country which makes Chinese feel threatened (Chinese perceptions don't matter here) and China is projected as a country hell bent on containing the economic growth of a country based on renewable sources of energy, that too a country which is now fastest growing economy by slight margin and is expected to remain the course. India already has delayed the implementation of Paris Accord in aftermath of NSG failure.

'Rest of the world' depending on them is a reciprocal relationship, it is also them depending on rest of the world. Theirs is an economy of massive manufacturing base, theirs is also an economy which is slowing due to the fact that their production capacity exceeds their requirement of servicing domestic market and as fiscal constraints creep into Europe and Western nations, the demand is slowing.

Please see the comment I have made in perspective of economic, diplomatic and political approach and make an informed comment.

Exactly the point I made in last thread. In pure tangible terms, what India has lost is next to nothing. They still get to buy uranium from countries and do their own nuclear research.

What India has gained is, making China accept that it considers India as a full fledged geopolitical adversary.

Bottom line is, all the horse crap uttered by chinese members here that they consider India as below par in global geopolitical landscape was UTTER CRAP. :lol:

Think about it. About 8 members (except china) cited procedural norms as the constraint which actually doesn't mean sh!t since they themselves accepted a waiver for India in 2008.

Only China has openly confronted India's application citing NPT signature as a binding. China is all alone and it will be bitch-slapped into submission pretty soon. They are already afraid. :lol:

china while Pakistan as strategic and regional ally.

There itself is the loss of diplomatic currency, it's like a country aligning itself with North Korea considered a rogue. It's not a positive relationship.

Why didn't china plead pakistan's case at the NSG? How long will they keep vetoing sanctions on terrorists? Until one more major terrorist attack happens where internationals are killed and china is forced to use its veto to save another terrorist for the sake of pakistan

Exactly the point I made in last thread. In pure tangible terms, what India has lost is next to nothing. They still get to buy uranium from countries and do their own nuclear research.

What India has gained is, making China accept that it considers India as a full fledged geopolitical adversary.

Bottom line is, all the horse crap uttered by chinese members here that they consider India as below par in global geopolitical landscape was UTTER CRAP. :lol:

Think about it. About 8 members (except china) cited procedural norms as the constraint which actually doesn't mean sh!t since they themselves accepted a waiver for India in 2008.

Only China has openly confronted India's application citing NPT signature as a binding. China is all alone and it will be bitch-slapped into submission pretty soon. They are already afraid. :lol:

The other countries that were against India can be divided into two groups. The first group were countries such as Brazil and Switzerland that were not against India but wanted to discuss first on how to open NSG for non NPT members before discussing India's candidature. The second were evangelist countries such as Austria and New Zealand that went against any form of Nuclear proliferation. I would not blame them, because their intent was different and were not against India.

China is a totally different case. It wanted to stop India's candidature by hook or by crook. Its intent were not to give India a space on NSG.

I do not think so...Rather It was obvious that China will stand by Pakistan..China and India relationship is just like more transactional relationship...So without getting anything in return, China will not accommodate India's interest..Rather it is not crystal clear than China and its priority is clearly visible for India which will propel and force India to be inclined more towards US...So ultimate beneficiary of this process is the USA...

What makes me puzzled is that you guys knew China will oppose your stance along with other countries.....They were very honest since the beginning in their stance and you knew it. But still Indians are making villain out of China, Instead you should criticize Switzerland, Mexico or Brazil who assured you for their support but took a 180 degree U-turn at 11th hour. They deceived you not China. This whole NSG saga has hurt your credibility and image and exposed your mindset too.......Indians used to remind us the power of their diplomacy. Really? Yeah, we have seen the power of indian diplomacy when those countries who assured you first took a U-turn and brought embarrassment for you. Not discrediting Indian diplomacy but I m dead sure it was due to US you were able to get support of so many countries not due to some Modi magic as some bakhts rant continuously.

China was very honest in her stance.

No offense

What makes me puzzled is that you guys knew China will oppose your stance along with other countries.....They were very honest since the beginning in their stance and you knew it. But still Indians are making villain out of China, Instead you should criticize Switzerland, Mexico or Brazil who assured you for their support but took a 180 degree U-turn at 11th hour. They deceived you not China. This whole NSG saga has hurt your credibility and image and exposed your mindset too.......Indians used to remind us the power of their diplomacy. Really? Yeah, we have seen the power of indian diplomacy when those countries who assured you first took a U-turn and brought embarrassment for you. Not discrediting Indian diplomacy but I m dead sure it was due to US you were able to get support of so many countries not due to some Modi magic as some bakhts rant continuously.

China was very honest in her stance.

No offense

This is bound to happen sooner or latter. India and China are mega countries with over billion population each. Both are growing economies and have global aspirations, so geopolitical rivalry is a natural consequence.

As on the other countries that were against India, they can be divided into two groups. The first group were countries such as Brazil and Switzerland that were not against India but wanted to discuss first on how to open NSG for non NPT members before discussing India's candidature. The second were evangelist countries such as Austria and New Zealand that went against any form of Nuclear proliferation. I would not blame them, because their intent was different and were not against India.

China is a totally different case,. It wanted to stop India's candidature by hook or by crook. Its intent were not to give India a space on global high table.

That was a gamble that Modi played and lost and of course it will have repercussions. Though Pakistan woke up at eleventh hour and fifty ninth minute, it still got its act together and was able to at least block India's entry on fair grounds, now it is NPT vs non-NPT members states, a principled stance. However, Pakistan needs concerted diplomacy to get a place in MTCR.
what woke up. Pakistan's application was not even worth consideromg...

Back
Top Bottom