What's new

India and NSG-News, Updates and Discussions.

From next year FDI will increase and now CPEC is move on construction phase from planning phase so your point is irrelevant otherwise tell me where this 46 billion will go?. Also please don't compare apple with oranges or my D is bigger then your D things, that is very old tricks and we are very familiar with it. Thank you

Yeah people said the same thing last year about this year (FDI will increase in Pakistan just wait and watch!). The fact of the matter is China is giving next to 0 FDI through CPEC. Its all loans (not FDI) for the most part. So mostly 46 billion in loans (some of which are already going through). Loans does not equal FDI. Its simply a temporary injection into investment rate that the provider will recuperate over time (with interest). The receiver hopes that there is enough sustainable transfer from this loan in the long run to create more wealth over and above the loan repayment +interest charged. Please read my CPEC posts in the CPEC threads by doing the relevant searches if you want to discuss more about this.

Besides, how am I comparing apples to oranges? A dollar in Pakistan is just as green as a dollar in India. If you cannot make/consume enough compared to us (per person), that is a simple fact....not a D size comparison.

Now let us get back to NSG conversation thanks. If you want to bring up specific geopolitical points w.r.t NSG and India...then by all means bring up those points. India - Pakistani economic comparison is only going to provide one easy but irrelevant result to this thread.

Yeah people said the same thing last year about this year (FDI will increase in Pakistan just wait and watch!). The fact of the matter is China is giving next to 0 FDI through CPEC. Its all loans (not FDI) for the most part. So mostly 46 billion in loans (some of which are already going through). Loans does not equal FDI. Its simply a temporary injection into investment rate that the provider will recuperate over time (with interest). The receiver hopes that there is enough sustainable transfer from this loan in the long run to create more wealth over and above the loan repayment +interest charged. Please read my CPEC posts in the CPEC threads by doing the relevant searches if you want to discuss more about this.

Besides, how am I comparing apples to oranges? A dollar in Pakistan is just as green as a dollar in India. If you cannot make/consume enough compared to us (per person), that is a simple fact....not a D size comparison.

Now let us get back to NSG conversation thanks. If you want to bring up specific geopolitical points w.r.t NSG and India...then by all means bring up those points. India - Pakistani economic comparison is only going to provide one easy but irrelevant result to this thread.
LOL it is you who change the topic and now asking me to back to topic. Anyway for that topic see you after two year as you know economy is not a child play, so you have two years to sing your songs:enjoy:

And for NSG try this as well
https://defence.pk/threads/modis-nsg-blunder-has-put-india-china-ties-in-danger-dailyo-in.436560/

LOL it is you who change the topic and now asking me to back to topic. Anyway for that topic see you after two year as you know economy is not a child play, so you have two years to sing your songs:enjoy:

And for NSG try this as well
https://defence.pk/threads/modis-nsg-blunder-has-put-india-china-ties-in-danger-dailyo-in.436560/

The whole thing that started our discussion here was my post here:

https://defence.pk/threads/india-and-nsg-news-updates-and-discussions.209439/page-40#post-8411036

(completely on topic w.r.t India-China relations and what the blowback could be trade wise because of NSG drama).

that you decided to reply to as follows:

https://defence.pk/threads/india-and-nsg-news-updates-and-discussions.209439/page-49#post-8412680

bringing in CPEC and other such things going on between China and Pakistan that have no relevance to the topic at hand (and presented in very poor hard to understand English may I add).

It was you that thus changed the topic with this CPEC dramebaazi....as though that has something to do with the NSG topic.

NSG appoints nuclear envoy to informal panel for India
Suhasini Haidar

VBK-GROSSI_2909284f.jpg

The Hindu
Rafael Grossi. Photo: Sandeep Saxena

‘U.S. is confident that India would be a full member of Nuclear Suppliers Group by the end of the year’
India’s case at the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) may not have been taken forward formally this year but it wasn’t shelved entirely, sources indicated here, saying that a decision had been taken on an “informal consultative process” especially for India’s case.

According to highly placed diplomatic sources, the closed-door session of the NSG that ended its annual plenary in Seoul on Friday appointed Argentine Ambassador Rafael Grossi as the “Facilitaor of the Chairperson to having informal consultations with the Participating Governments (PGs) in the group”.

The decision indicates that despite opposition from China and other countries on the issue of the Non-Proliferation Treaty that India has refused to sign, and the desire of several NSG countries to look for a “non-discrimatory” membership process that includes all non-NPT states, India’s application was acknowledged to have some merit of its own.

Members reportedly agreed to the informal arrangement after a special session where several countries raised India’s case, which went past midnight on Thursday and stretched into the next day’s concluding session.

Eventually the NSG joint statement only recorded a bland account of the session, recording that “The NSG had discussions on the issue of “Technical, Legal and Political Aspects of the Participation of non-NPT States in the NSG” and decided to continue its discussion.”

Key appointment

Ambassador Grossi’s appointment to assist the new Chairperson from Switzerland with the “continued discussion” on India is significant, as Mr. Grossi is the outgoing Chairperson of the NSG, and was keenly involved in bringing India’s bid to the NSG table this year.

During a visit to New Delhi in October 2015, he told The Hindu, “Nobody disputes that India is a key, major player in the nuclear scenario, hence there is a recognition that some formula must be found for India [to become a member] and I think it is possible.”

Sources say that not only is the selection of Mr. Grossi to the “facilitating” position a positive sign for India as Argentina has been very supportive of India’s bid, he is an international expert on disarmament, and negotiated the accession of 197 members to the Chemical Warfare Convention (CWC) some years ago.

He was also considered a frontrunner for the post of Director-General of the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) for 2017.

Path forward

News of Mr. Grossi’s appointment came even as a U.S. official reportedly said that the NSG session had ended with a “path forward” for India’s acceptance as a member.

Speaking to PTI in Washington the unnamed source identified as “a top Obama administration official said that India’s membership process needed “some work”, but that the U.S. is “confident that India would be a full member of the [NSG] regime by the end of the year.”

MEA officials wouldn’t comment on either developments involving Mr. Grossi’s appointment and the constitution of an informal group on India or the U.S. official’s remarks, saying only that according to the NSG confidentiality procedures there is no “readout of what type of proposals were made inside the room.”

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...o-informal-panel-for-india/article8773418.ece

The whole thing that started our discussion here was my post here:

https://defence.pk/threads/india-and-nsg-news-updates-and-discussions.209439/page-40#post-8411036

(completely on topic w.r.t India-China relations and what the blowback could be trade wise because of NSG drama).

that you decided to reply to as follows:

https://defence.pk/threads/india-and-nsg-news-updates-and-discussions.209439/page-49#post-8412680

bringing in CPEC and other such things going on between China and Pakistan that have no relevance to the topic at hand (and presented in very poor hard to understand English may I add).

It was you that thus changed the topic with this CPEC dramebaazi....as though that has something to do with the NSG topic.

Still stick with same topic. Move on and check my link and i know you guys never accept your mistakes. so check my previous link and move on

Still stick with same topic. Move on and check my link and i know you guys never accept your mistakes. so check my previous link and move on

That is for others to decide not you or me :D. The evidence has been presented....should be easy for anyone to see who started the derailment into CPEC and solely Pak economy matters.

That is for others to decide not you or me :D. The evidence has been presented....should be easy for anyone to see who started the derailment into CPEC and solely Pak economy matters.

Again same off topic. Congrats

Again same off topic. Congrats

If you really want the last word you are welcome to have it. I have said my piece. Now if you actually have anything to talk about the NSG, you should let people hear it. Or keep repeating yourself, thats cool too.

lol article from dailyo.in

that site is for donkeys, it is the most notorious antiindia site

Back
Top Bottom