What's new

India and NSG-News, Updates and Discussions.

Excellent. :enjoy:

Now take your smartphone, open up the back, and see where the components came from (you should see the "Made in..." sticker right there).

Next, take your tablet, your laptop, your PC, open up the case and check where all the components came from.

Good luck. :azn:

Nay, their frugal tradition and the price sensitive spending behavior will virtually ensure nothing is going to happen. They will not break anything and they will continue to buy the cheapest products available.

Looks like the First casuality of NSG session .

Yes. Taking world climate hostage is not going to further Chinas evil designs being one of the top polluters in the world. Indias diplomacy is all over the place. On one hand they got an unbelievable victory of getting a nod from the US which is where they should have stopped instead of aiming for unrealistic goal of actually getting a consensus which includes a heavy weight NSG member China who will never ever let India get in there without Pakistan getting in even if its the only disagreeing vote. If India wants the NSG then it uses its diplomatic clout and lobby to get Pakistan in, if not then it should just lobby to get the rules changed of entry into the NSG. I am sure it would be more likely for a country of Indias stature to change the rules and make another institution follow what has happened to the UN and child murdering case by two countries.

Last edited:
After how many years, can India apply again for NSG group.

They give a very long list to India and i don't know how much time it will take. They asked India the following

The criticism of India was not only that it had not signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), but also that it had not fulfilled the commitments it made while getting NSG waiver in 2008. It has neither made progress towards CTBT nor has separated its civilian and military nuclear reactors.

India is said to be runnng the largest un-safeguarded nuclear program with a fissile production capacity 7.7 times greater than that of Pakistan.

They want to clear all issue before next application.

And this is from an "Elite Member"?

With -28 points

Simple...If China is on board, then it is of no value to try it..Right now, as we speak, apart from US, China and its opinion infleunces the other following nations...All the 48 nations are just followers of either US or China so what is the point in dealing with US only?...If we think that China will never agree to it, then do not try to go for it...

In other words just sit back and allow yourself to be walked over Or like Pakistan mortgage yourself to seek ' favours'.

This has been a good thing, India has its supplies hence was in a position to seek membership.

We cannot allow ourselves to be walked over.

They give a very long list to India and i don't know how much time it will take. They asked India the following

The criticism of India was not only that it had not signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), but also that it had not fulfilled the commitments it made while getting NSG waiver in 2008. It has neither made progress towards CTBT nor has separated its civilian and military nuclear reactors.

India is said to be runnng the largest un-safeguarded nuclear program with a fissile production capacity 7.7 times greater than that of Pakistan.

They want to clear all issue before next application.

With -28 points

that's actually +28...they all secretly love my posts.

I hope none of the above is for Chinese members here

As per their reasoning every "made in China" product/electronics used by Indians is a Chinese export to India and hence an Indian dependency on China.

CCP economics 101.

http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/top_china_exports.html

Top 10 Chinese Exports to India

1. Electronic equipment: $13.4 billion
2. Machinery: $10.2 billion
3. Organic chemicals: $5.9 billion
4. Fertilizers: $3.5 billion
5. Iron and steel: $2.3 billion
6. Plastics: $2.1 billion
7. Furniture, lighting, signs: $2 billion
8. Medical, technical equipment: $1.5 billion
9. Iron or steel products: $1.4 billion
10. Vehicles: $1.2 billion

So lets assume electronics is left alone for arguments sake since Chinese members believe a large part or most of it is price inelastic (which they may be right about, it will have to be broken further down to know for sure....maybe Nirmala Sitharaman and co know the better analysis for this).

That still leaves these other significant chunks that can all be effectively targeted as needed according to the number of jobs (and expecially further Value addition) they support within India (i.e how "raw" of an import they are and their importance in a larger supply chain/requirement).

Items that are strictly end use (i.e have no further impact in Indian generated GVA or job provision) and have multiple domestic and/or other international suppliers at price points of say a few % points higher can be given a tarrif of that % + 1 etc.

Everything will have to be broken down, analysed and then done accordingly by the commerce ministry.

They have about a year to plan since thats what the US is saying w.r.t further discussions regaring NSG membership.

But its good to do this anyway (regardless of NSG situation) and execute at the appropriate periods. It will be another litmus test for the Modi administration....I hope he takes it seriously. Boycotting by people on the ground is only so good because market forces are hard to overcome for most regular non-elite people.

It could be just the impetus that the make in India program requires combined with the good monsoon forecasted this year and improvement of credit situation. Hope India makes the best of it.

there is some strong deal India has struck with the US.We're obviously very well aligned on this.

Yes. Taking world climate hostage is not going to further Chinas evil designs being one of the top polluters in the world. Indias diplomacy is all over the place. On one hand they got an unbelievable victory of getting a nod from the US which is where they should have stopped instead of aiming for unrealistic aim of actually getting a consensus which includes a heavy weight NSG member China who will never ever let India get in there without Pakistan getting in even if its the only disagreeing vote. If India wants the NSG then it uses its diplomatic clout and lobby to get Pakistan in, if not then it should just lobby to get the rules changed of entry into the NSG. I am sure it would be more likely for a country of Indias stature to change the rules and make another institution follow what has happened to the UN and child murdering case by two countries.

Doubt the bolded part, If Chinese interests are threatened they will not hesitate to drop Pakistan, example being NSG waiver.

India's blunder here was to hastily attempt for NSG membership without addressing each of those opposing individually.

Swiss U-turn was only part, India could have not anticipated.

For Chinese, India should have waited for its formal MCTR membership and then traded Chinese MCTR membership for Indian NSG membership.

Among the others opposing, its Turkey that bothers me, as India seems to have nothing currently to offer them.

Simple...If China is on board, then it is of no value to try it..Right now, as we speak, apart from US, China and its opinion infleunces the other following nations...All the 48 nations are just followers of either US or China so what is the point in dealing with US only?...If we think that China will never agree to it, then do not try to go for it...

The bolded part is incorrect, not a single NSG member was opposing India to appease China.
Every one of the 6 other opposing nations had their own reasons.

Excellent. :enjoy:

Now take your smartphone, open up the back, and see where the components came from (you should see the "Made in..." sticker right there).

Next, take your tablet, your laptop, your PC, open up the case and check where all the components came from.

Good luck. :azn:
There are practical limitations but we should do what we can.

I must commend China and Turkey and Russia and Brazil and Ireland and Switzerland for showing such determination.......Everyone should.....World is getting Bi polar, friends. We r so lucky that we r seeing with our very own eyes.

Thank you all countries who opposed India's bid on merit...

Merit is important especially when we are talking about an institute made to curb Indian nuclear proliferation specifically...Also China plans to export many reactors in the Future and US-India nexus could hurt potential Chinese exports by lowering their price..

Back
Top Bottom