What's new

India and her Muslims

It's not religion, but the self-professed champions of religion who create problems.

In Islam we have a saying (probably all religions have similar sayings):
Islam is the best religion, and Muslims are the worst followers.

thanks but i dont know what more to say.

this topic is an endless pit.

If so why non-Hindus are not allowed inside Hindu temples in India ??

I wonder howcome you allowed so-called Muslim famouse actors like Salman Khan and others well indeed just to get some publicity.

Where did you get this from.... I have visited temples personally with my Muslim friends though they do not offer prayers over there but do keep their shoes outside to show respect.

There were certain cases where minorities were not allowed inside temple in the past.

Even I have visited Dargah, Mosques and churches within India. Still looking for going to Gurudwara though.....

:blink:

There are very few major Hindu temples which do not allow non-Hindus to enter their premises.

As a matter of fact, no Hindu shrine, be Vaishnodevi, or Amarnath, or Tirupati, have such a rule.

And what about Kaaba? No non-Muslim can enter the city of Mecca, forget the Masjid al-Haram.

It's a good argument but I am sure people like malaun salman will be given red carpet welcome on these mandir just to give Muslim a bad name. In our case we don't discriminate. If you aren't Muslim than you are not welcome in our holy land. Plain and simple. We don't believe in double standard practice like you hindus.

Where did you get this from.... I have visited temples personally with my Muslim friends though they do not offer prayers over there but do keep their shoes outside to show respect.

There were certain cases where minorities were not allowed inside temple in the past.

Even I have visited Dargah, Mosques and churches within India. Still looking for going to Gurudwara though.....

During my visit to India i have experinced it with a BIG Board saying

NON-Hindus are not Allowed.

Well there is no bar on non-Muslims inside mosques arround world nor churches nor Muslim shrines so indeed i believe you must have visited these places.

:blink:

And what about Kaaba? No non-Muslim can enter the city of Mecca, forget the Masjid al-Haram.

There is an entire thread on that. This is Saudi Government rule not Islamic rule.

Islam does not stop anyone from entering these cities.

Infact from the time of Prophet and Khalifas non-Muslims used to come to Kaaba and Mecca for complaints against the governors and other local rules in different areas of Arab land under Muslim rule and the khalifa Umer used to hear them and punish the Muslim rulers on spot if proven guilty.

It's a good argument but I am sure people like malaun salman will be given red carpet welcome on these mandir just to give Muslim a bad name. In our case we don't discriminate. If you aren't Muslim than you are not welcome in our holy land. Plain and simple. We don't believe in double standard practice like you hindus.

How about the video which I posted?

It is not the Indians who are giving a bad name. And for Salman Khan getting a bad name in Bangladesh and Pakistan who cares? Anyways all Indians are considered bad over there. Indian Muslims are bad because they live with Hindus. Indian Hindus are bad on the religious grounds. At the end of the day who cares about it? He is still out doing his job pretty well, succeeding in life. Has everything he wants. He is loved and respected irrespective of his caste creed or religion.

If you aren't Muslim than you are not welcome in our holy land. Plain and simple. one simple question Why?

And as far double standards are concerned we believe that the supreme being is one. The practices differ to refer the god.

There is belief in hinduism which I cannot post over here which would go against the rules and regulation of this forum and may hurt religious sentiments of people. So I am avoiding it but it would definetly resolve your misconception of double standards

During my visit to India i have experinced it with a BIG Board saying

NON-Hindus are not Allowed.

Well there is no bar on non-Muslims inside mosques arround world nor churches nor Muslim shrines so indeed i believe you must have visited these places.

FAKE

don't you see discovery documentary? these goras are in the temple all the time...
no one's buying your fake trip diaries...

There is an entire thread on that. This is Saudi Government rule not Islamic rule.

Islam does not stop anyone from entering these cities.

Infact from the time of Prophet and Khalifas non-Muslims used to come to Kaaba and Mecca for complaints against the governors and other local rules in different areas of Arab land under Muslim rule and the khalifa Umer used to hear them and punish the Muslim rulers on spot if proven guilty.

Please refer to above posts it will clarify your doubt. And for muslims being allowed I can give my testimony. I am myself - The proof. :cheesy: Though thats another story if you like to keep yourself in dark "No I am right........" then I cant help you out.
:undecided:

FAKE

don't you see discovery documentary? these goras are in the temple all the time...
no one's buying your fake trip diaries...

:) you can think whatever you can.

Those who knows i was in India they know it all.

Ask RayC (if you dont know him then many of your Indian members here must know him from an Indian forum and many other.)

Most Hindus welcome people of other faith to pray in their temples. What's the "double standard practice" here? We don't do that to give Muslims a "bad name". What rubbish.

As a matter of fact, Hinduism within itself is quite diverse - there are more than 100 major denominations within Hinduism. The Rig Veda says, "Truth is One, but the sages speak of it by many names." In other words, we believe that there are many paths to reach the one God. For this particular reason, we have so many different forms of the same God (however, non-Hindus end up thinking we have several Gods). It is under that logic, Hindu temples openly welcome people of other faith.

:) you can think whatever you can.

Those who knows i was in India they know it all.

Ask RayC (if you dont know him then many of your Indian members here must know him from an Indian forum and many other.)

:blink::blink: you know ray saar?? man that's scary... i need to beware of you.. you met him???

How about the video which I posted?

I didn't really see the video. I am fasting and I assume this is a religious base song nevertheless a Muslim should not praise to Hindu god or goddess because it goes against the Islamic teaching.

It is not the Indians who are giving a bad name. And for Salman Khan getting a bad name in Bangladesh and Pakistan who cares? Anyways all Indians are considered bad over there. Indian Muslims are bad because they live with Hindus. Indian Hindus are bad on the religious grounds. At the end of the day who cares about it? He is still out doing his job pretty well, succeeding in life. Has everything he wants. He is loved and respected irrespective of his caste creed or religion.

good we are not disturbed by that. Our problem is that why you Hindu need to affiliate yourself with us Muslim. let's face it we are 180 degree different form each other in culture and mindset.

If you aren't Muslim than you are not welcome in our holy land. Plain and simple. one simple question Why?

Why do you need to go there? It's a holy place for us thus only we know how to keep it holiness according to Islam.

I actually would have support non Hindus to enter mandir because why the hell a Muslim would go to mandir in first place. You guys need to enforce it for all Muslim. Don't be a cheap double standard.

And as far double standards are concerned we believe that the supreme being is one. The practices differ to refer the god.

Who is your supreme being? I am curious!!!

There is belief in hinduism which I cannot post over here which would go against the rules and regulation of this forum and may hurt religious sentiments of people. So I am avoiding it but it would definetly resolve your misconception of double standards

Please enlighten us. We are not scared or worry about our region. Just remember one thing before writing. Just because Muslim does certain things it doesn't necessarily mean Islamic.

Hey before debating if non-Hindus are allowed inside Hindu temples or not there is another issue. Low-cast Hinuds are also not allowed in many temples.

An incident in Guruvayur draws attention once again to the `untouchability' practised in Kerala's Hindu temples.

Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi, his son Ravi Krishna and daughter-in-law Nisha performing his grandson's feeding ceremony at the Guruvayur temple. A purification ritual was conducted soon after.

The Temple Entry Proclamation in Travancore and the events that led to it are today part of the history of political and social renaissance in Kerala. But less known are the rules laid down by the Travancore government that provided for "the observance and maintenance of the customs and usages relating to worship and ceremonies" and continued to specify "classes of persons who should not enter temples". Among the list of "those under pollution" were those who had recently had birth or death in their families, drunken or disorderly persons, women "at certain times", professional beggars and significantly, "persons who are not Hindus". It appears that it was from that point that a number of temples in Kerala began to insist in bold letters on boards displayed outside their temples: `Non-Hindus Not Allowed'.

For the past seven decades the restriction has been a reminder of Kerala's dark past for any visitor. But its import dawned on the people of the State on May 18, when the thantri (high priest) of the Guruvayur Sree Krishna temple ordered a punyaham (purification ritual) inside the temple after Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi, his son Ravi Krishna and daughter-in-law Nisha conducted a `feeding ceremony' for his grandson before the deity, in the presence of the Devaswom authorities and in full glare of the media.

K.K. NAJEEB

The Sree Krishna temple at Guruvayur.

In 2000 a furore arose over a similar incident at Guruvayur. Soon after Ravi Krishna's wedding with Nisha, the couple went to pray at the temple and the then thantri, Chennas Divakaran Namboothiripad, ordered a similar purification ritual. The thantri had claimed that since Vayalar Ravi married a Roman Catholic (former Member of the Legislative Assembly Mercy Ravi), their son Ravi Krishna was not a Hindu. And, he said that if a non-Hindu entered the temple, tradition demanded a "purification ceremony". Vayalar Ravi and his family subsequently insisted that all of them were "believers of Guruvayurappan", that Ravi Krishna was "brought up as a Hindu" and all his certificates "proved" that he was a Hindu. The uproar that followed was hushed up. After May 18, thantri Chennas Raman Namboothiripad insisted that he was duty-bound to conduct the rituals in the temples as per the system inherited by him - he insisted on a punyaham because he saw "no change in the circumstances that required such a ritual".

The Guruvayur Devaswom Act 1978, which governs the administration of the temple, declares that the thantri is the final authority on "all religious, spiritual, ritual and ceremonial matters" at the temple. The punyaham, was, therefore, carried out at the behest of the thantri, despite the objections raised by the Devaswom authorities. This evoked memories of a-not-so distant past, when Kerala was the cradle of casteism, where untouchability reigned supreme, and upper castes sought "purification" rituals against perceived threats from their brethren.

A month earlier, Kerala Minister for Devaswom, G. Sudhakaran, triggered a similar controversy when he questioned the propriety of the Guruvayur temple authorities' repeated refusal to allow the veteran playback singer K.J. Yesudas (a professed devotee of Guruvayurappan, a practising Christian and a disciple of Carnatic maestro Chembai Vaidyanatha Bhagavathar), from praying at the temple and participating in the annual Chembai Music Festival near the premises.

The absurdity of it all is clear from the fact that every day, foreigners, obviously non-Hindus, armed with a certificate stating that they believe in the Hindu faith that they can obtain for a small fee from the Arya Samaj in Kozhikode, are allowed into the Guruvayur temple.

Most Hindus welcome people of other faith to pray in their temples. What's the "double standard practice" here? We don't do that to give Muslims a "bad name". What rubbish.

As a matter of fact, Hinduism within itself is quite diverse - there are more than 100 major denominations within Hinduism. The Rig Veda says, "Truth is One, but the sages speak of it by many names." In other words, we believe that there are many paths to reach the one God. For this particular reason, we have so many different forms of the same God (however, non-Hindus end up thinking we have several Gods). It is under that logic, Hindu temples openly welcome people of other faith.

Well good for you. Hinduism just not accepted in Islam as God send religion like Christianity and Judaism. All things consist in Hinduism are haram for any Muslim. We can not even support Hindu ritual, let alone participate in it. Nauzubillah

Last edited:
FAKE

don't you see discovery documentary? these goras are in the temple all the time... no one's buying your fake trip diaries...

And this what happens after these goras are in the temple

Food destroyed at temple after foreigner's entry
IANSFriday, March 2, 2007 16:31 IST Email

Print

BHUBANESWAR: In a country where millions go to bed hungry, Rs 1 million worth of food meant as a holy offering at Orissa's Jagannath temple was destroyed on Friday because a foreigner had entered it -- an act seen as defiling the premises.

Priests at the temple in Puri, 56 km from here, also performed rituals to cleanse the shrine after Paul Rodgier, a 55-year-old American Christian, visited it on Thursday afternoon.

The priests fined him Rs 209 when he pleaded that he was not aware of restrictions on the entry of foreigners to the temple. Rodgier had reportedly come to the government-run National Thermal Power Corp in Angul district on official work a few days ago.

The shrine administration decided to destroy the food that was prepared for offering to the deities, temple official Laxmidhar Pujapanda said. A mud pit was dug in the premises and the holy offering was thrown in it.

The priests, who had stopped rituals since Thursday afternoon, performed purification rituals on Friday, he said. The kitchen areas of the temple were washed, he said.

Foreigners are not allowed to enter Hindu temples in Orissa, including the Jagannath temple at Puri and the Lingaraj temple here.

An American woman, Pamela K Fleig, who had converted from Christianity to Hinduism after marrying an Uttar Pradesh resident, was denied entry into the 11th century Lingaraj temple in Bhubaneswar in 2005.

Thailand's Crown Princess Sirindhorn was also not allowed to visit the Jagannath temple the same year, as she is a foreigner and a Buddhist.

Even former prime minister Indira Gandhi -- born a Hindu -- was not allowed to enter the temple when she was in power as she had married a Parsi.

Food destroyed at temple after foreigner's entry - dnaindia.com

:angel:

Back
Top Bottom