What's new

India and her Muslims

Attending in ganesh puja as participant is against Islam and it's core message. Please don't write BS to justify your claim.

I am not justifying Salman Khan first of all. I said "If it is not against the Islam...."

By the way singing is not allowed in Islam still we see many Pakistani singers and really prominent ones. There is no fatwah against them.

Performers across the border put "Tilak", touch feet which are prominently Hindu traditions. Is there any fatwah against them.

We have Pakistani actresses like Mira. Is it allowed? Is there any fatwah against them.

Salman Khan is a celibrity so things get hyped.

It has more to do with Muslim attending hindu puja rather than following Islam.

And the liberal views of respecting all religion within India.

As far this is concerned I believe there is nothing wrong in attending the hindu festivals or christian festivals till one is not going against the rules and regulations of Islam and its pillars.. Tolerance is the key for success for any society.

I think there is a difference between attending a festival and taking part in a religious ceremony. It would be as if a Hindu said the namaaz.

Arabic name(Islamic) are usually for follower of Muhammad(S.W.A) however there are non Muslim with Arabic name. A large segment of black American have Islamic (Arabic) first name yet they aren't Muslim though sound like one.

Also Persians. I knew an Iranian named Majid, but he was one of the worst anti-Muslim bigots I knew. I don't know what religion he was, maybe Jewish or Bahaai, not sure.

If using a Islamic name and not following it.
How about Mr. Barack Hussain Obama, the president of world's most powerful nation.
I am sure no one will call it a sin and If it is the sin then every one wants to have that sin.

who are we to judge his actions... leave it to almighty...
as far as the guy is happy, his allah is and so is ganesha happy....
may humanity prevail.. live and let live...

You are confusing mushrikism with dislike practice.

By the way singing is not allowed in Islam still we see many Pakistani singers and really prominent ones. There is no fatwah against them.
Not all songs are haram in Islam.

No doubt some singers(hard core rock band) are committing sin but they don't worship ganesh thus they are probably bad Muslim but not mushrik yet. it applied to those who also buy their music.

Performers across the border put "Tilak", touch feet which are prominently Hindu traditions. Is there any fatwah against them.

Wearing tilak is sin and dislike practice by Muslim women. It should be avoided but they still not worship ganesh.

And the liberal views of respecting all religion within India.

So called liberal views got no place in Islam. Islam has it's own liberal prospective.

If using a Islamic name and not following it.
How about Mr. Barack Hussain Obama, the president of world's most powerful nation.
I am sure no one will call it a sin and If it is the sin then every one wants to have that sin.

I already said that there are non Muslim with Arabic Islamic name. It's a sin for Muslim to have non Islamic name. Barak father is an African Muslim but barak doesn't follow Islam.

Fatwa issued against Salman Khan for attending Ganesh puja

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 (EST)
Bareily based Daarul-Ifta-Manjar-e-Islam has issued a Fatwa against Bollywood superstar Salman Khan for having attended Ganesh puja with hundreds of other devotees at the famous Raja Ganpati Mandal in Mumbai on Wednesday.

20 September 2007 (Sawf News) - Bareily based Daarul-Ifta-Manjar-e-Islam has issued a Fatwa against Bollywood superstar Salman Khan for having attended Ganesh puja with hundreds of other devotees at the famous Raja Ganpati Mandal in Mumbai on Wednesday.

Claiming that Islam prohibits all kinds of idol worship, the organization has mandated that Salman read the Kalmas all over again to be once again considered a Muslim.

Salman Khan, who recently spent six days in Jodhpur Central jail in connection with the 1998 Chinkara poaching case, spent Ganesh mahostav with his family on Monday.

While attending the puja Wednesday, Salman said, "We believe in this. The energy here is spectacular. When we were kids, we used to come here and I have come here after a long time. Whatever I wanted, I have got."

Fatwa issued against Salman Khan for attending Ganesh puja

This guy is just an hard core bharati with Islamic name. Let's not confuse Islam with proclaimed Mushrik.

I would like to correct ur wordings.. All Indian Musilms are born Bharati.. I think Hindu would be better to correct ur wording above..:azn:
And who are you to object his muslim identity, let leave it for Allah to decide whether he is muslim or Mushrik..

Barkat Ali Khan had his Initial training from his father Ali Baksh Khan and later by his elder brother Bade Ghulam Ali Khan. After partition, Barkat Ali Khan migrated to Pakistan and concentrated on the lighter aspects of Hindustani classical. Ustad Barkat Ali Khan has made a great contribution to North Indian light classical music. He was acknowledged as one of the great thumri, dadra, geet and ghazal artists. His outstanding murkis, phandas, zamzamas and lot of other techniques of Purab and Punjab ang have no match. He captured the audience all over India and Pakistan with his unique style of music.

Last edited by a moderator:
And who are you to object his muslim identity, let leave it for Allah to decide whether he is muslim or Mushrik..

Well I as a Muslim and direction from qur'an easily can identify a Muslim form a Mushrik. People like malaun salman must perform shadah to become a basic Muslim.

One thing to note is that there is no single central authority in Islam. Just like Judaism has Orthodox and Reform Judaism, and Christianity has Catholocism, Protestentism, Anglicanism, etc., Islam also has Shia and Sunni. Even within Shia and Sunni there are dozens of subdivisions, so interpretations of laws differ.

On a broad level, there is the Quran, which is the word of God and is common to all Muslims. Beyond that, very little is common. There are the hadiths, which are based on the Prophet's (pbuh) life and customs. Various sects of Islam follow the hadiths to varying degrees, and there are different schools of thought within Islam as to their authenticity and importance. The oft-quoted Wahhabi school of thought is just one of many. There was even one poster on this forum who advocated a pure Quranic approach, no hadiths.

If it is about India Pakistan then how do multiple threads turn out to be Hindu Vs Muslim thread.

You ask yourself.

If it was about Hindu-Muslims viz viz Pakistan then we would have same problem with Nepal but no We dont have any problem with Nepal despite its being a hindu majority state.

The Hindu Muslim clash has the reason for creation of Pakistan and this reason was created by Indian Hindus may be thats why every thread turn into what you said.

Tolerance is the key for success for any society.

If so why non-Hindus are not allowed inside Hindu temples in India ??

I wonder howcome you allowed so-called Muslim famouse actors like Salman Khan and others well indeed just to get some publicity.

You ask yourself.

If it was about Hindu-Muslims viz viz Pakistan then we would have same problem with Nepal but no We dont have any problem with Nepal despite its being a hindu majority state.

The Hindu Muslim clash has the reason for creation of Pakistan and this reason was created by Indian Hindus may be thats why every thread turn into what you said.

Nepal does not have problems with Pakistan as Nepal was not created from India.
Nepal does not share borders with pakistan.

As far the "The Hindu Muslim clash has the reason for creation of Pakistan and this reason was created by Indian Hindus " is concerned you have been grown up in Pakistan and I have grown up in India so we have very different perception of stories which to an extent are correct at their respective levels. Lets not drag this into what was the reason for the creation of Pakistan. But I believe there were daggers from the both sides.

I wonder howcome you allowed so-called Muslim famouse actors like Salman Khan and others well indeed just to get some publicity.

:blink:

There are very few major Hindu temples which do not allow non-Hindus to enter their premises.

As a matter of fact, no Hindu shrine, be Vaishnodevi, or Amarnath, or Tirupati, have such a rule.

And what about Kaaba? No non-Muslim can enter the city of Mecca, forget the Masjid al-Haram.

that's wrong..... temple doors are open to all.. there are a few exceptions though... but you'll find very few temples that block people..

according to a report on a temple at maharashtra about 11 lakh muslim devotees visit every year... and that's based on muslims who donate money... no one knows the actual number...
i'll search for link..

Back
Top Bottom