What's new

India already started negotiations fpr second order of Rafale

who said that , you ? the government of India can afford 44 complete squadrons of rafale , understand ? and tell you something more , it is impossible that F - 16 are owned by my country . more rafale + gripen and tejas will be the INTERMEDIATE choice . now you can waste your time in propaganda about american fighters .
tell you something more , safranised kaveri will be the engine we will use them in another 4-6 years and thereafter .
dont try to be western propagandist media house by saying no money to buy this and that and poverty in Bharat .
rafale deal is much more than what people like you assume and perceive it to be .
bye for now .

Your own minster admitted it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/06/01/parrikar-rafale-deal_n_7482040.html

Parrikar Says India To Buy Only 36 Rafale Jets, Previous Deal Cancelled

"We are buying only the direct 36 and not the rest," said Parrikar. "I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes. But I don't because I can't afford it. First I can't afford it and second I don't need it. So, 126 Rafales was economically unviable. It was not required," Parrikar said.

Your own minster admitted it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/06/01/parrikar-rafale-deal_n_7482040.html

Parrikar Says India To Buy Only 36 Rafale Jets, Previous Deal Cancelled

"We are buying only the direct 36 and not the rest," said Parrikar. "I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes. But I don't because I can't afford it. First I can't afford it and second I don't need it. So, 126 Rafales was economically unviable. It was not required," Parrikar said.

Yes we north 36, now we are buying more what's there to not understand, That was more than 2 years ago. He's isn't even the defense minister anymore.

Why would I buy 2 pencils from a car dealer ?? Car salesmen have a notorious reputation in USA.

Why are you scared of quoting the true price ? Please quit this stupid fantasy of $100 million per aircraft.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...third-batch-of-rafale-warplanes-idUSKBN1772CM
Egypt spent $220 million per aircraft

You apply the same thinking to the Rafale deals as in the pencil+car example.
From your link:
=======================
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt on Wednesday received the third batch of Rafale warplanes from France as part of a 5.2 billion euro ($5.5 billion) contract signed in 2015.

Cairo has sought to boost its military power in the face of years of insurgency in northern Sinai and fears the conflict in neighboring Libya could spill over.

The deal includes 24 Rafale jets, France’s first overseas export of the fighter jet made by Dassault Aviation SA, a Fremm naval frigate and MBDA air-to-air missiles.

=======================

If each Rafale is $220M, then the Frigate and the MBDA missiles are for free...

You apply the same thinking to the Rafale deals as in the pencil+car example.
From your link:
=======================
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt on Wednesday received the third batch of Rafale warplanes from France as part of a 5.2 billion euro ($5.5 billion) contract signed in 2015.

Cairo has sought to boost its military power in the face of years of insurgency in northern Sinai and fears the conflict in neighboring Libya could spill over.

The deal includes 24 Rafale jets, France’s first overseas export of the fighter jet made by Dassault Aviation SA, a Fremm naval frigate and MBDA air-to-air missiles.

=======================

If each Rafale is $220M, then the Frigate and the MBDA missiles are for free...

Do the Math dummy. It is a $5.9 billion deal.
The Rafale are selling north of $200 million

I have put the Qatar deal for reference
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middl...fale-fighter-jets-france-150504100952250.html

Last edited:
Do the Math dummy. It is a $5.9 billion deal.
The Rafale are selling north of $200 million

I have put the Qatar deal for reference
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middl...fale-fighter-jets-france-150504100952250.html

The article says $5,5B.
You claimed the Rafale cost $220M.
24 * $220M = $5,280.
That leaves $220M to buy a Frigate, and MBDA missiles and possibly other things not mentioned.
Not realistic at all.

The Rafale is more like $130M, but You are of course free to believe whatever you want,
and make a fool out of yourself by publishing your beliefs.

The article says $5,5B.
You claimed the Rafale cost $220M.
24 * $220M = $5,280.
That leaves $220M to buy a Frigate, and MBDA missiles and possibly other things not mentioned.
Not realistic at all.

The Rafale is more like $130M, but You are of course free to believe whatever you want,
and make a fool out of yourself by publishing your beliefs.

The article says $5.9 billion. A frigate costs $200-400 million.
All the articles I posted are not beliefs. They are facts

A frigate

Why the hell are they negotiating for a proven aircraft?

What is wrong with the government of India? Why not order a follow-on?

The article says $5.9 billion. A frigate costs $200-400 million.
All the articles I posted are not beliefs. They are facts

A frigate

IMG_1858.jpg

Do You need it in larger type?
You are on ignore from now on...
Not wasting my time on someone, not capable of reading his own links.

Because it does not provide enough bang for the buck.
If Modis government thought buying plenty of Rafales was a good idea,
then they would have behaved differently.
"It is the economy, stupid" is still valid.

Because it does not provide enough bang for the buck.
If Modis government thought buying plenty of Rafales was a good idea,
then they would have behaved differently.
"It is the economy, stupid" is still valid.

You don't understand.

Our procurement processes are miserably slow. So slow that we take years due to bureaucracy.

We have already lost over 30 jets in 3 years.

At this rate we will be half our size in 10 years without sufficient replacements.

If anything, IAF needs to cancel all tenders and use a single-purchase mechanism to accelerate acquisitions.

Check @wiseone2 's post earlier on this thread. Apparently France has jacked up the price of Rafales from around $100 million piece in the first order to north of $200 Million for the second order.

India has no choice now but to dump the Rafales and go for the F-16s instead. The icing on the cake is you do not have to wait in the line like you do for the arrival of the Rafales.

Yes we north 36, now we are buying more what's there to not understand, That was more than 2 years ago. He's isn't even the defense minister anymore.

And your economy tanked since the Rafale deal was signed. Do you even have money to move forward with the original deal?

Check @wiseone2 's post earlier on this thread. Apparently France has jacked up the price of Rafales from around $100 million piece in the first order to north of $200 Million for the second order.

India has no choice now but to dump the Rafales and go for the F-16s instead. The icing on the cake is you do not have to wait in the line like you do for the arrival of the Rafales.

India will operate 36-72 Rafales. It gives India political independence from Washington. That is worth tens of billions of dollars

India will operate 36-72 Rafales. It gives India political independence from Washington. That is worth tens of billions of dollars

As my President Trump said "India makes billions of dollars in trade with the United States, and we want them to help us more"

Your call center revenue better go for procuring F-16s else we may be forced to pull the plug and your economy goes down the drain.

Beware what you wish for.

As my President Trump said "India makes billions of dollars in trade with the United States, and we want them to help us more"

Your call center revenue better go for procuring F-16s else we may be forced to pull the plug and your economy goes down the drain.

Beware what you wish for.

What has stopped Trump from protectionism ?

India makes 56% of IT earnings from America. Lot of them are not going to end based on political edict.
Call center business is a declining one.

India purchases hundreds of Boeing jetliners. It does not take much to shift orders to Airbus.

Back
Top Bottom