What's new

India already started negotiations fpr second order of Rafale

Instead of going for f16 or Gripen,IAF divert that money for Rafale,they can atleast save logistic and training cost for new platform. Also it's miles ahead of not Gripen and f16 on offer.

It's stupidity not to expect a minimum of 126 Rafales, in fact the Chinese are making it easier to make the case for the full 189 units.
Money not withstanding, let us focus on getting 150-200 Rafale combined for IAF and IN by 2030. That would be the smartest move we can make.

Money not withstanding, let us focus on getting 150-200 Rafale combined for IAF and IN by 2030. That would be the smartest move we can make.

I have been led to believe That

IAF will only get one more Batch of rafales maximum 36 planes

That the single engine fighter will not take off the ground due to the estimated cost of $16-20 billion which includes TOT and setting up manufacturing bases. ABOVE ALL is will take over 5 ears to implement to manuacturinmg point and another 7 years to build 90+ planes

INSTEAD the Govt will push the TEJAS mk1a

The Navy will induct mig29k fir vikrant carrier again has it cant handle Rafale or super hornets

you are talking about $30 billion

http://quwa.org/2017/08/28/indian-air-force-pushes-additional-36-rafale-fighters/

I always new this would happen.

WITH FGFA still much criticised by IAF india will turn to more rafales

AT AT a 60% of the original cost as all support infrastructure in place

VERY WISE MOVE

I expect second batch to arrive between 2023-2026

635629650925176071-DFN-France-Rafale.jpg
first 36 Rafale for $8.7 billion
what is the price tag for next 36 Rafale ?

first 36 Rafale for $8.7 billion
what is the price tag for next 36 Rafale ?

The next batch of 36 would be priced in the range of ~ $3.2 - $3.6 Billion. Anything over that would go back to ~$8 - $10 Billion range.

thats right, 38 rafales will make just 2 squadrons, we need at least 60 of those fighters.

I have been led to believe That

IAF will only get one more Batch of rafales maximum 36 planes

That the single engine fighter will not take off the ground due to the estimated cost of $16-20 billion which includes TOT and setting up manufacturing bases. ABOVE ALL is will take over 5 ears to implement to manuacturinmg point and another 7 years to build 90+ planes

INSTEAD the Govt will push the TEJAS mk1a

The Navy will induct mig29k fir vikrant carrier again has it cant handle Rafale or super hornets
Many such stories are floating, we do not know what is correct.

Curious , how is Pakistan planning to counter Rafael ?

As far as I know the most advanced jet at their disposal are those relic f16s & j17 with outdated mig engines.

Is this aimed towards China? Cos Rafael looks like overkill .
Yeah same relic thats in the single engine vendor program to replace rafale induction ....height of stupidity

GE engine of 1980s is a not a relic for tejas and gripen but the new upgraded rd 93 and rd 93 ma are relics lol

Thunder and gripen share similar philosophy yet while gripen to indians is 6th gen fighter and thunder a relic

I ex[pect by 2026

IAF will have

72 Rafales

_W1I9921.jpg

50 Mirage2000/5
th

270 su30 mki
th

120 Tejas MK1/MK1A
th

70 Jaguar darin

th

And NO FGFA, since according to the article, the proposal is to drop the FGFA project and buy a few more Rafales.
By 2026, there may be quite a few Gripen Es as well.

Rumours I here IAF top brass having assessed all the top end fighters in the late 4G category have NOT BEEN IMPRESSED by FGFA

The IAF is not hapy with current PAK FA in terms of engine , EW suites , sensor fusion and next generation weapons.

The IAF feel at this moment in time in terms of what is realistically available nothing comes close the the Rafale

The only reason IAF did not go for 126 outright was the MASSIVE COST and indian constraints which will get better by as the gdp accelerates to constant 8 or 9% growth

LONG TERM I DO FEEL TEJAS will be acquired in nos as unit cost of just 3% of the rafale or 60% cost of a block 70 or gripen ng.

THE RUSSIANS will have to make major improvements on FGFA before IAF commit and the indian top brass feel thius will not happen from RUSSIA very soon as thry have even less MONEY than INDIA

hence its RAFALE ALL THE WAY
formation-mixte-composee-de-deux-rafale-francais-premier-plan-et-de-deux-typhoon-britanniques.jpg

And NO FGFA, since according to the article, the proposal is to drop the FGFA project and buy a few more Rafales.
By 2026, there may be quite a few Gripen Es as well.
We dont need mediocre sweetish fighter when Rafael is out there,i don't see any chance for gripen unless some backside payments happened just as in case of Bofors.

Rafael are totally waste product even mig 21 better as only political reason india buy this waste scrap item su35 more better then this scrap craft. 3 su35 purchase this amount single piece price. Also engine lower then f4 tom cat.

Rafael are totally waste product even mig 21 better as only political reason india buy this waste scrap item su35 more better then this scrap craft. 3 su35 purchase this amount single piece price. Also engine lower then f4 tom cat.
Mig21 is better than Rafael,hell yeah.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom