What's new

India accuses Pakistan of fomenting Sikh militancy in Indian Punjab

When impotent Indians blam Pakistan after failing to provide justice to Sikhs in 84 genocide then i have all the rights to ask you the question

Your Benazir gave us list of khalistani terrorists and we killed them :lol:

isic.png

Negative.

Like I said dude, use that brain.

Would a state like Khalistan be able to survive independently?

They would need resources, energy, ect..

If they depend on India, they get absorbed again.

If they come to us, we can have mutual cooperation.

Thats why it ll not happen.

65+ years and mutual destruction goes on.
We are laughing talk of many western governments.

So more conspiracy theories coming out of bharati government? And these guys like to call other people conspiracy theorists? Am I getting that right?

Welcome back sir where have u been?

1: Contrary to Sikh dominated Indian Punjab, Pakistani Punjab is Muslim dominated and is no longer a province of Punjabis any longer, other ethnicities have embraced the province and its culture.

To the Khalistanis (Not indian punjabis or moderate sikhs), their concept of Khalistan is not based on the current demographic and cultural/religious difference of the local populace...its more based on resurrecting a historical legacy that they believe was stolen from them as a result of colonization and partition...
May i remind you that punjab was to go to pakistan during partition and it was the Sikh efforts that secured Indian Punjab....so in their mind, Punjab as a whole is their dominion, not restricted to the indian state

2: Hassan Abdal and Nankana Sahib are Muslim majority areas,where we have taken genuine steps to allow unrestricted access to pilgrims from other provinces of Pakistan,India and other parts of the world. It by no means is a Sikh city.

Not a sikh city, but major sites of Sikh pilgrimage with a lot of historical linkages that bind them to these places...

3: By Indian constitution, Indian Punjab is your "internal" affair and the sikhs have an inherit right to self determination. It does not apply to Pakistan. There are hardly any sikhs to speak of.

I have a major problem with this idea that every, religious, ethnic, linguistic, tribal group has a right to a state or a political solution....by allowing these ideas, we as a nation create fault lines within our unity...
Democracy does not mean that everyone gets a bloody country as and when they want it....this isnt a game of civilization...
Its meant to provide a platform for political representation to further the betterment of the general community...i feel like people in India and elsewhere need to get the basics of democracy

4: Even if Khalistan becomes a reality,and they lay claim to Lahore and other "holy sites" and they want to go on a "conquering spree" than they will be up against the world's 6th largest Army on one side and 3rd largest on the other...is that a smart strategy?....lets say war breaks out, between Pakistan and Khalistan. But before that they will have to build a military force for 30 years to establish a deterrent and then grow their offensive capability to attack on Pakistan and defend against India at the same time. Pakistan has strategic weapons, such a miscalculation will be disastrous for Khalistan....they are more likely to lose territory.

You hit the bullseye...

An independent state of Khalistan will be a soldier with no feet...
It will be a puppet state and a cripple state that will be dependent on India or Pakistan for everything from oil, to trade, to transit to even water...

If they want their "historical" lands in Pakistan back, they will need the massive Indian backing...which lets be honest...why would India help them after they seccede from us...we are not in the business of fighting others wars..
Lets assume that India does help them, then its another added headache for Pakistan since now you have an independent buffer state where you cant directly attack india from but is equally vicious to you....pak will simply have another hardcore enemy to deal with and a territorial dispute that currently restricts to J&K but will now include Pak Punjab as well...

On the other hand, if they are Pak allies, be certain that India will use its traditional connections and history with the locals to sway politics in that state in their favor...even to the extent of causing unrest...
Essentially the needle will move but wont make a dent...

5: I don't see them laying a claim on our cities as credible threat to Pakistan. I believe that they don't deserve a state, if they do make a state it will be troublesome because most of us are multicultural states. Having a chauvinist singular state in this region will be disastrous,i am just against that narrative. They should just calm down and accept that they aren't capable of carving out a state from India. Its better for them to live as loyal citizens of India and stop such efforts at once.

I agree...though I will say this...
A homogenous country with a singular religion does have fewer problems....take for example, Japan and Turkey..

The demand for Khalistan has not been thought through...With 2 massive neighbors like India and Pak...the state has minimal to no chances of surviving without being a puppet!

65+ years and mutual destruction goes on.
We are laughing talk of many western governments.
yes the peaceful west

who were jumping when soviet union got stucked in Afghanistan and got destroyed

and the soviets jumping with joy on USA Vietnam

millions died in their games of destroying each other

before that 2 world wars

and now new imperial agenda in Afghanistan,Iraq,Libya and now Syria

GOT TO LOVE THEIR PEACE EFFORTS

In reality Pakistan does not even need to meddle in India.

She will consume herself on her own due there just being far too many people to govern. And as the marginalized poor in India get connected to the web in future when it will become cheaper then watch India implode.

Pakistan is a good size, 180 million can be governed, rising to 280 million in the next 50 years, this figure is still manageable.

As opposed to a country with more than a billion people where 600 million live way below the poverty line to extent they do not have access to a toilet. 600 million is a very large number, you must understand this. This amount of people alone are difficult to manage, never mind more than a billion. China can manage because they have a strong chinese communist ideology which binds them. India is secular, no common ideology exists apart from attaining wealth.

But if 600 million people are unable to attain this wealth and have no chance in hell in future because of the people already in the que, they will turn violent.

The US can see this happening so are looking to push through de-population measures to ensure the population does not reach a ridiculous figure where the burden of dealing with so many people collapses the state.

Good economies come and go and are dependent on how the country functions internally, so an economically strong India in the present doesn't necessarily constitute a strong economy in the future. I am afraid the future looks very bleak for India.

When the marginalized poor get connected to the web, ie through cell phones and computers, they are no more the poor anymore...So what in your mind except their poverty will drive them to be violent against the govt?
And if the majority of India is poor, and they decide to revolt...it will be a revolution ie. to change the govt...How does this fulfil your prediction of India breaking up?

well we got back up plans with the maoists so dont worry lol.

Such a simpleton....

Dear poster...
In order to support an insurgency (successfully) you need to provide the guerillas with logistics, arms, cash and training....
Take the example of Taliban in Afg, the kashmiris, the Khalistanis or even the Bengalis in the 71 war...all had a backing from countries bordering the troubled areas...even the US during cold war needed the Pakistanis to be the middle men for the lack of direct connections with the Afghans...

As far as our knowledge of the maoists is concerned, the areas of their propensity are far away from Pakistan...let alone the fact that pakistan is not ideologically (they are not islamists, more athiest), politically, linguistically, ethnically with nil connections to Pakistan....so how exactly will you complete this daunting task with no edge in your favor?

Secondly, the minute Pakistan lends a helping hand to the Maoist, they move from the category of internal unrest where they have to deal with under-trained, ill equipped police to dealing with the massive indian army....and may I remind you that this aint the IA's first rodeo...

So my recommendation is for some of you to think this through before making such comments.....supporting a guerilla movement is not typing the words on your computer to make them magically happen...
it needs will, game plan, strategic long term thinking, massive amounts of money and most importantly an end goal...
What is Pakistan's benefit in this except to perturb India? In Kashmir, the "gain" is obvious...care to elaborate what you will achieve by doing so?

Today is 6th June the remembrance day of Sikh Genocide in India in 84. What India has done for the justice for Sikhs? What they have to tell the Nation today?

The only justice we can provide is to never allow it to happen again and to give the Sikhs better representation for them to be in a better position to deal with their problems.....

As far as we are concerned, our actions speak loud and clear...Sikhs have our apology, they have enough representation in politics and other national issues....and most importantly we wont let it happen again!

I think this closes the case...

PS: As far as bringing the congress goons to justice for their crime, I believe it needs to be handled by a govt thats NOT congress

Back
Top Bottom