What's new

India - A sacred geography bound by Dharma

I am sorry, there are many aspects that I have to disagree with you. These are historical perspectives as laid out by many historians, although one may find different historical hues from differing historians.

To say that Harappan people just vanished out of thin air and no trace of them has been left is factually wrong. Their legacy also remains in many forms even to this day.

After 1900 BC there were no longer references to Meluhha in Mesopotamian writings, and no Indus seals are found in Mesopotamia after that date. Whatever the reasons of their diminishing trade – may it be changing course of river, drought, Aryan invasion, decease, earthquakes or whatever, the fact remains that their cities shrank in the second millennium BC, yes, but people still lived in places like Harappa long after that.

The continuing prosperity of the bigger cities, like Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro, may have made them grow too large and unwieldy to administer, and so groups may have split off into smaller settlements. But those settlements were held together by their common culture. Perhaps the dispersal was a way of providing flexibility to deal with the reasons I explained above.

Some of the aspects that we can still trace their legacy to are the commerce routes they developed. Traders from the highlands of Pakistan’s Baluchistan and northern Afghanistan brought in copper, tin and lapis lazuli. The Makran and southern coasts of Pakistan provided decorative shells. Timber was floated down the rivers from the Himalayas and gold from southern Central Asia. Skilled Harappan artisans and specialized craftsmen turned such raw materials into useful and beautiful products for regional distribution and—as finds elsewhere have shown—for export by land and sea to Mesopotamia, Persia and Central Asia.

“The southern states controlled the sea trade, just as Karachi does today. Ships from Meluhha [the Mesopotamian name for the Harappan nation] regularly sailed from Lothal near modern-day Karachi, Pakistan for the ports of Babylon.” And they evidently made stops all along the way, as I mentioned earlier that Indus River seals have been found in Oman, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain as well.

The modern city of Peshawar lies on what is thought to have been one of the Harappans’ main overland trade routes. That route is now a major highway that constitutes the eastern approach to the Khyber Pass and links the northwestern Indus Plain to the highlands of Afghanistan and Central Asia. An old branch of the route runs from Peshawar south into rugged tribal territory, through the modern towns of Pakistan’s Kohat and Bannu and the foothills of the Pakistan’s Sulaiman Mountains, and on down across the Gomal Plain to the early Harappan site of Rehman Dheri, where an important excavation was conducted from 1976 to 1980.

Hindu Aryan culture was distinctly different than the culture of the Indus Valley Civilization, which was not Hindu and yes were not Muslim either.

The IVC was mostly restricted to the valley of the Indus—however at the tail end of the civilization some of it dispersed into areas beyond the IVC.

The 3 Major IVC cities are all located in Pakistan. One in Western Pakistan, one in South and the last one approx in central Pakistan.

Current day India didn’t exist during IVC, and their religion had nothing to do with IVC, and major IVC settlements are not even located in India. However, Indians still refer to India as the “Home of Indus Valley Civilization” which is indeed surprising.

Indus Valley Civilization’s legacy is linked to Pakistan and it cannot be denied, because various peoples after their decline ruled or invaded the area.

Therefore, we the people of Pakistan rightly claim ourselves to be the scions of and holders of Indus Valley Civilization.

Interesting; but I am curious, at the time of Indus valley civilization of Pakistan, what kind of people were living in what is now India? if there were people here, did Indus valley people build a great wall or something to prevent Indians from entering Meluha? If there were no people living in India, from where did ancestors of billion plus Indians come?

I saw the previous title, you guys think the whole Sub-continent is bound by Hinduism.

Sadly, the whole world is bound by Islam!

The thread is talking about majority religion nothing to do with Islam and nothing against Islam. No worry for people like you.

India is bound by geography and common civilization; not by Brahminism or any other single cult.

Do not twist my words around, I'm speaking of India as a ,nation not as a culture or civilization. In Europe, England, France, Italy, Spain and Germany share the same European culture and civilizations. From there, the civilization spread to Americas and Australia. These are different nations of the same civilization. If India is split into many nation states, these little nations would still share the same civilization and religion and similar caste system.

Mate you are acting like a man who was told in his childhood that his moon is his maternal uncle. And man still argues in his adolescence that since he used to believe the moon is his maternal uncle he will continue to believe so! no matter what proofs to be provided to him.

You are arguing with us based on some foreign nationals knowledge. Who came to India just for few years and went back taking the overview of India.

Or you are trying to say that Indians do not know their nation's history but some foreigners do so???

Mate you are acting like a man who was told in his childhood that his moon is his maternal uncle. And man still argues in his adolescence that since he used to believe the moon is his maternal uncle he will continue to believe so! no matter what proofs to be provided to him.

You are arguing with us based on some foreign nationals knowledge. Who came to India just for few years and went back taking the overview of India.

Or you are trying to say that Indians do not know their nation's history but some foreigners do so???

What I stated are facts that British united and created India. And Hinduism and to a less extent, English, keep it together after they left.

@hellraiser explain it why....
@to everyone.... There is always been war between light and darkness.... Between good and evil.... Between positive and negative.... Most people here who has negative user name (name related to death and evil) are the one who have a go at me.... But they cant win.... If you believe in and reads Bible, Quran, bhagwat geeta etc etc should know that words matters.... Words changes our DNA.... Yet this people using names like Hellraiser, bone and scull etc etc.... You are asking for death and am sure you shall get what u want at a perticular time.... To all good people i want to tell that please use positive user ID.... Avoid negative people. They here to bash and vanish in pain.... Emit positive energy and spread peace and love and than see the result of it soon....

What I stated are facts that British united and created India. And Hinduism and to a less extent, English, keep it together after they left.

The view that the British created India is not only wrong but also lacks knowledge about history and the culture of India.

English has nothing to do with it first of all. India might have the largest English speaking population, but we rarely use English to communicate within India. English's widespread presence in India is only because of Education being conducted in the English medium. This has nothing to do with India's unity. Infact a large percentage of India cannot speak proper English.

Second, Hinduism is not the sole uniting factor of India. Not as a religion, because you need to know Hinduism before you talk about it. Hinduism practiced in different parts of India, differ. For instance, one of the major festivals of Hinduism has varying reasons in different parts of India. So its not religion per se.

Its Nationalism. Indian nationalism which has elements of Hindu nationalism. The idea of a "Hindustan". This was not a British creation. The reason it was not a British creation was because when they left, India was still divided into princely states. The union was done by the acts of the then Home Minister Sardar Patel among many. They were driven by the idea of a United India. But where did they get the idea of a united India? They got the idea of a united India from the shared cultural,historical and religious backgrounds of the majority of the Indian population. Therefore, the Idea of an Indian Union, is what spurred on the independence struggle itself, which was certainly not in British interests.

So you might wanna understand all of this, before talking about Indian nationalism, which has roots in ancient history.

@to everyone.... There is always been war between light and darkness.... Between good and evil.... Between positive and negative.... Most people here who has negative user name (name related to death and evil) are the one who have a go at me.... But they cant win.... If you believe in and reads Bible, Quran, bhagwat geeta etc etc should know that words matters.... Words changes our DNA.... Yet this people using names like Hellraiser, bone and scull etc etc.... You are asking for death and am sure you shall get what u want at a perticular time.... To all good people i want to tell that please use positive user ID.... Avoid negative people. They here to bash and vanish in pain.... Emit positive energy and spread peace and love and than see the result of it soon....

What are you even talkin about man :lol:

Were you sleeping just now and seen some strange dream??

@Bjp and wickerman what language do you both understand?.... There are two types of scientists.... One in insect (people who cant think beyond) and other is who really is scientists want to explore and do every experiment possible.... Here read about what scientists says (says what we said 8000 years ago).... Now if you disagree with them than who cares....
Scientists Prove DNA Can Be Reprogrammed by Words and Frequencies | Wake Up World

Sadly, the whole world is bound by Islam!

Actually right now the whole world is binding Islam.

But that's not what the topic is about.

The soul of India is Hindu.

And invaders and their invaded down the millenia could never really change that.

India thus stands as a beacon to the rest of the world.

To show them how its done.

India embraces.

Its never the other way around.

For the two of you on either side, you've not broken out of the embrace.

We've simply let you go.

Mate this is just a fancy and eye catchy name nothing else.

No need to take it seriously. Even Gods in Hindu mythology like lord Shiva lives pseudo sanathana dharama life style more close to Agora life style that does not mean he is evil.

Back
Top Bottom