What's new

India - A sacred geography bound by Dharma

I have prayed inside a church.

I have prayed inside a temple.

I have prayed inside a gurudwara.

I have prayed inside a buddhist monastery.

I have prayed inside a dargah.

I automatically touch my left hand over my heart and say a silent prayer when I ride/walk/drive past any place of worship.

I am an Indian.

That's usually how we roll.

That's damn impressive !

I have prayed inside a church.

I have prayed inside a temple.

I have prayed inside a gurudwara.

I have prayed inside a buddhist monastery.

I have prayed inside a dargah.

I automatically touch my left hand over my heart and say a silent prayer when I ride/walk/drive past any place of worship.

I am an Indian.

That's usually how we roll.

1. And yet you desecrated the Golden Temple and destroyed the Babri Masjid!

2. Can you give me a percentage break-down of Sanatan / Brahmons, Khsatrya, Vaisyas, Sudras and Outcast/Dalits in India's Hindus? What percentage of Indians are Jains, Buddhists and Sikhs?

That's damn impressive !

Well I travel a lot on my bike! :)

But I have passed this down to my kids as well.

P.S. Actually if you count Mt. Abu, I have prayed inside a Jain temple also.

2. Can you give me a percentage break-down of Sanatan / Brahmons, Khsatrya, Vaisyas, Sudras and Outcast/Dalits in India's Hindus? What percentage of Indians are Jains, Buddhists and Sikhs?

Yes, we are not perfect.

If we were, we would not be a nation 65 years old today, having been tempered in the fire of foreign rule.

Hindus screwed up.

Sikhs screwed up.

Muslims are still screwing up.

Christians have screwed up from time to time.

We Parsis are the biggest screw up.

But we stay together.

You can keep complaining and jibing.

Those incidents were sorted out in a civilized way later.

Better than radical Islamist s and how they are divided into sects and killing each other:cheesy:

India is an impossibility that is happening everyday.

That in itself is our biggest vindication.

The biggest slap to the collective faces to either side.

East and West Pakistan.

Well, I said I have been into all your places of worship to pray.

You are not allowed into mine.

Do you think that's nice?

i didnt knew such kind of system exists since i havent met many parsis anyways everybody has their flaws but parsis are lot better than other religious communities in india even more than hindus

Well, I said I have been into all your places of worship to pray.

You are not allowed into mine.

Do you think that's nice?

Did'nt knew that. Anyways, otherwise also does not make any difference since Parsi community is so well integrated within our society. Places of worship are meant for people of respective faith or common faith to find solace and practice them if they wish so. Not go on blowing up others every other day and create turmoil. Are Parsis doing that ? Name atleast one Parsi radical in India.

So chill-off. As someone said, every practice/ sect/ religion will have some + & - , usually imposed by influencing groups over a period of time. Lets observe good things and move on to make our country a better place. Future generations will thank us !

Friend, you need to be an Indian to experience that. Despite all odds and baggage of problems we have, which we know, we are still a harmonious place.

Back
Top Bottom