IN HISTORY: AFGHAN AIR RAIDS AGAINST PAKISTAN

Luftwaffe

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IN HISTORY AFGHAN AIR RAIDS AGAINST PAKISTAN ARE SAID TO KILL 85

AFGHAN AIR RAIDS AGAINST PAKISTAN ARE SAID TO KILL 85 - New York Times

Afghan warplanes killed at least 85 people in three bombing raids on Pakistani border villages on Monday, the Pakistani authorities said today.
Television later said 16 more people had been killed in one of the raids.
The Afghan charge d'affaires here was summoned to the Foreign Ministry to receive a protest, the Pakistani press agency said. Pakistan said it reserved the right to retaliate. [ There was no explanation for the attacks, which came as Pakistan and Afghanistan were reported to have made progress in talks on a timetable for a withdrawal of Soviet troops in Afghanistan. [ In Washington, an official said Moscow might be increasing pressure on Pakistan to compel it to stop aiding the guerrillas and accept a Communist-led regime. Pakistan and the United States oppose building a future Afghan Government around the Communists. Page A8. ] No Reaction From Afghans No reaction was immediately available from Kabul, which has denied bombing Pakistan in the past.
A Pakistani statement said 65 people were killed and 101 injured in the town of Teri Mangal, west of Peshawar. Four planes penetrated two and a half miles into Pakistan, fired six rockets and dropped 12 bombs, it said.

Six planes earlier dropped three bombs on Angur Adar in South Waziristan Tribal Agency to the south, killing 20 people and injuring 22.
Television later put the death toll in Teri Mangal at 81, as more bodies were dug out of the rubble. Local officials and the radio said the victims of the raids included Afghan refugees and Pakistanis.
The raids came on Pakistan's National Day, as President Mohammad Zia ul-Haq watched a military parade in Rawalpindi.
Last month, Pakistan said some 90 people had been killed in bombing raids on two villages in North Waziristan Tribal Agency on Feb. 26. It said a refugee camp a few miles from Teri Mangal was attacked the next day.
The Afghan Government denied responsibility.
Pakistan described the latest raids as ''deliberate and provocative'' and called on the Afghan Government to halt what it described as ''barbarous and wanton attacks on defenseless civilians.''
The Afghan radio said the acting President, Haji Mohammad Tsamkani, had sent a message to General Zia on National Day, calling for peace in the region.
The radio, monitored in Islamabad, said the Revolutionary Council also issued a decree exempting Afghans returning from exile from taxes and fines incurred while abroad.
Some five million people, almost one-third of the population, have fled Afghanistan during eight years of guerrilla war since the Communists seized power in 1978.
Map of Pakistan-Afghanistan area shows location of Teri Mangal (NYT)

Point to note:

1- The raids came on Pakistan's National Day, as President Mohammad Zia ul-Haq watched a military parade in Rawalpindi. March 23rd 1978

2- Last month, Pakistan said some 90 people had been killed in bombing raids on two villages in North Waziristan Tribal Agency on Feb. 26 1987.

3- It said a refugee camp a few miles from Teri Mangal was attacked the next day on Feb 27 1987.

4- The Afghan Government denied responsibility. [if they did not bomb who did?]

From 2003-2014 afghan terrorists/govt supporting terrorists have caused havoc in KPK and its tribal region yet our Air Force has done nothing to bomb the hell outta afghan govt that is supporting and stationing terrorists, it shows that the govt past present has no spine even against afghan govt. This shows the weakness on political front and on military front we are playing a step backwards is that not the case?

@Aeronaut @MastanKhan @nuclearpak

Last edited:
They were bombing their own in the refugee camps. Around two dozen jets were shot down by PAF, many were not claimed as they crashed in Afghani airspace.

They were bombing their own in the refugee camps. Around two dozen jets were shot down by PAF, many were not claimed as they crashed in Afghani airspace.

Point is this current war has created alot of trouble in Pakistan by afghan forces/govt-govt sponsored terrorists and PAF has been sitting like ducks..this is the truth one can't deny...and it frankly is frustrating we should have warned and paid back a hell.

Afghanistan had Air Force?
Were they using these?
20100919-plane_2160696i.jpg

Point is this current war has created alot of trouble in Pakistan by afghan forces/govt-govt sponsored terrorists and PAF has been sitting like ducks..this is the truth one can't deny...and it frankly is frustrating we should have warned and paid back a hell.

Mrs.Luftwaffe - Our Afghan Bhabi - will never forgive you ! :whistle:

Tu, poora ka poora kutta aadmi hai. For over a year you've been trying your level best to get me on your side, now that I do side with you, you're behaving like a Pakistani aunty. I really wonder, if you're not a Kshmiri chikni chambeli. :smitten:

Oi @EyanKhan what is this Farsiban saying about our Afghan Brethren ? :pissed:

Tu, poora ka poora kutta aadmi hai. For over a year you've been trying your level best to get me on your side, now that I do side with you, you're behaving like a Pakistani aunty. I really wonder, if you're not a Kshmiri chikni chambeli. :smitten:

Well its primarily because of my Brothers @chauvunist , @Khan_patriot & @EyanKhan - the three of them have their eyes set on Afghan Ladies so how can I oppose the Afghans now when they're practically our in-laws ? :(

uffff chikni chambeli mere ghar wale be bol rahe beta teri shadi ki omer start ho rahi hai :D naughty 18 :yay::smart:

Bhatta Chambeli... no.. Chamaili..

What is this talk about bhabis? Is @Armstrong giving away faareigner bachi-s?

I want one too @armstong bhai :(

Back
Top Bottom