What's new

In Future we should get Gripen NG for our AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developing avionics is not that hard. In fact, it is the easiest part of aircraft design. It's just that Bangladesh does not currently engage in the field of developing its own avionics.

Japan does not export weapons by the way.

I think we are years away from any indigenous development. I was talking about Chinese indigenous tech.

Japan will start exporting, its only a matter of time, question is how many years or decades.

I'd be very surprised if the J-10B benchmarks the F-16 blk 52 :lol:

Did you now that J-10B's have beaten J-11's in exercises before? Honestly, I do not think that that Chinese would easily offer Bangladesh those platforms.

I think one has to be insane to even think about importing J-11's from China at present. It's a controversial plane.

Given Bangladesh's lack of a clear defense policy, acquisition of advanced weapons are often tricky and difficult.

seriously ? ! ! J10 beaten J11 ? damn :blink:

seriously ? ! ! J10 beaten J11 ? damn :blink:

There's a video of it:

I think we are years away from any indigenous development. I was talking about Chinese indigenous tech.

Japan will start exporting, its only a matter of time, question is how many years or decades.

I personally always prefer to at least do something in house other than being hopelessly dependent on another country.

I believe that developing our own avionics is possible. We just need the commitment from the top levels. I believe we are capable.

And even if Japan do export weapons at some point in the future, they'd be very expensive. And unlikely to sell us sensitive technologies due to their problems with China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do some serious homework first :azn:

Developing avionics is not that hard. In fact, it is the easiest part of aircraft design. It's just that Bangladesh does not currently engage in the field of developing its own avionics.

And yes, engines are the hardest part. And very few nations in this world have truly mastered the art of designing and manufacturing them. China is still working on it.

And munitions? Depends. Good BVR air-to-air missiles are very hard to design and develop. And very expensive if you buy from Western nations.

Japan does not export any weapons by the way.

I never did any homeworks in my school life, now I am in collage and till now I never did homeworks :what:

If we cant develop, we can copy like china :devil:

I personally always prefer to at least do something in house other than being hopelessly dependent on another country.

I believe that developing our own avionics is possible. We just need the commitment from the top levels. I believe we are capable.

And even if Japan do export weapons at some point in the future, they'd be very expensive. And unlikely to sell us sensitive technologies due to their problems with China.

"The commitment from the top levels!" Bro, in BD we can only see corruption from the top levels. :hitwall:

There's a video of it:

J10 has combat radius problem 550km (without refueling) , we need to consider that too

Last edited by a moderator:
Cenard delta-wing ACs are really Impreessive.

We can consider when China dont refuse to sell them to us. Gripen NG will be 1300 KM combat radius without refueling. :azn:

If you consider so much high price , then i consider pak-fa or J31 over Gripen NG :meeting:

As much as i would love to see gripen in BAF ... i dont think it will happen ...jas 39 is too expensive

most likely we will get more mig29 or any other cheap chinese jets

If you consider so much high price , then i consider pak-fa or J31 over Gripen NG :meeting:

Shakal deekhiii haii apni ? :omghaha:

Just buy second-hand Mig 29s that are in good condition & get them upgraded to the SMT standard !

About 5 squadrons of these babies would be more than enough for the BAF till 2030 & then you think of going for the J-31s ! :agree:

Shakal deekhiii haii apni ? :omghaha:

Just buy second-hand Mig 29s that are in good condition & get them upgraded to the SMT standard !

About 5 squadrons of these babies would be more than enough for the BAF till 2030 & then you think of going for the J-31s ! :agree:

abey year , if you talk about pak-fa or J31, they will be available after 2025.
for now J10 or J11 will be good choice.

most likely we will get more mig29 or any other cheap chinese jets

Bangladesh opted out of the recent MiG-29 deal:
Bangladesh also opted out of its initial plans to purchase eight advanced Mig-29 fighter jets because of their $500 million price tag.
Russia, Bangladesh Seal $1 Billion Arms Deal | Defense News | defensenews.com

I'd say, there's something fishy about this $1 billion arms deal...

If they'd actually offer us those!

abey year , if you talk about pak-fa or J31, they will be available after 2025.

Yaraaa but you've already got 8+8 (on the way) Mig 29 SMTs - Why not buy a few more second hand ones, get them upgraded to the SMT level & achieve a minimum credible deterrence with a 4-5 squadron strength airforce of them ! In the meantime wait for the J-31 or some of the other 5th Generation platforms out there to mature & acquire them post 2025 !

Yaraaa but you've already got 8+8 (on the way) Mig 29 SMTs - Why not buy a few more second hand ones, get them upgraded to the SMT level & achieve a minimum credible deterrence with a 4-5 squadron strength airforce of them ! In the meantime wait for the J-31 or some of the other 5th Generation platforms out there to mature & acquire them post 2025 !

1.why second hand ?
2. no more 8 mig 29s on order.

1.why second hand ?
2. no more 8 mig 29s on order.

To save money ! Just as Pakistan acquired Mirages from all over & gave them a 3 stage retrofit upgrade to see out a little more than a decade's worth of effective service from them. Or how countries go for second hand F-16s & then get them MLUed !

To save money ! Just as Pakistan acquired Mirages from all over & gave them a 3 stage retrofit upgrade to see out a little more than a decade's worth of effective service from them. Or how countries go for second hand F-16s & then get them MLUed !

I want to go for Mirage 2000-5 mark 2 :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom