What's new

In Future we should get Gripen NG for our AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I want to wake up to a young Nicole Kidman cuddling by my side ! :omghaha:

Dude, the costs (training, infrastructure etc) involved in getting an absolutely new platform would be pretty high !

i know , i was just kidding :D

Any decisions yet, vis-a-vis budget availability and platform assessment?

Any decisions yet, vis-a-vis budget availability and platform assessment?

Dude there is a hush-hush deal with Russia of nearly $1 billion in weapons.

No one knows what these $1 billion forms.

hahhaz tiny bangladesh cant handle their own people are trying to deter india ...wake up kid

Bro, we bangalis are born fighter.:guns: We love to fight (you know):what:, when we not find any one to fight with we fight with each other. Its simple give us enemy then we all become one. :sniper:

I want to go for Mirage 2000-5 mark 2 :P

Then Gripen NG will be better :coffee:

what is wrong with Pak fa? don't jsut disrespect a project just because India is involved.

The PAK FA and FGFA are two entirely different programs. The latter is the joint Sukhoi/HAL program.

Negotiation with saab keeping ToT and development of the local aeronautical industry in mind will not be a bad approach to go for ,if economy is not a problem.

The OP is using the year 2014 as a deadline.Is there one?

Dude there is a hush-hush deal with Russia of nearly $1 billion in weapons.

No one knows what these $1 billion forms.

it is just deal with Russian , what about China deal ?:azn: remember china is the biggest arms partner than Russia which hardly comes in news media.

You can't get 64 Jets for 2.4 B$... by the way do have many air force base to stations them?

Somehow, BAF always gets a friendship price, maybe they will get again... If you consider the price $40m a piece then you can.. Su-27SKM will cost you $38M/unit. U can get 64 Su-30MKM (Malaysian version) for $3.5B. Malaysia bought 18 Su-30MKM for $900M in 2003.

We have 6 operational air bases with housing facility for existing Fighter aircraft. We need to establish the facility for the new aircraft when we get them ..

Somehow, BAF always gets a friendship price, maybe they will get again... If you consider the price $40m a piece then you can.. Su-27SKM will cost you $38M/unit. U can get 64 Su-30MKM (Malaysian version) for $3.5B. Malaysia bought 18 Su-30MKM for $900M in 2003.

We have 6 operational air bases with housing facility for existing Fighter aircraft. We need to establish the facility for the new aircraft when we get them ..

There will be no friendship price....

Su-27's are old. Su-35's are much better.

Maybe.. Yet, if they goes for lets say Su-27SM2 the unit cost shall be around $35-$40M when ordered 64 units at a time. for 64 units @ $40M gives a total figure of $2.56Bl

what is your defence budget? what about the life time maintenance... and the weapon package etc.... which makes the Jet more costlier than the Basic cost... 64? are you kidding me? We ordered 272 Mki the cost keep going hike ... not coming down... think care fully my friend...

Negotiation with saab keeping ToT and development of the local aeronautical industry in mind will not be a bad approach to go for ,if economy is not a problem.

The OP is using the year 2014 as a deadline.Is there one?

ToT? for small number of jets? what will they do even they get ToT? first they need to do over hauling their own jets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom