What's new

In exchange for energy sales Iran wants boat and ship from Turkiye

TheCommander

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
When Turkiye bought oil and natural gas from Iran, gold was used as a means of payment. However, the United States vetoed this exchange. New sanctions of Washington which includes gold against Iran forced Ankara to find new solutions. Iran has to obtain goods and services in exchange to energy sales. Therefore, this new solution means huge trade-off between Turkiye and Iran.

A shipyard manager said "The Iranians want to buy ships of Turkish shipyards including coast guard boats, rescue boats, river boats, and a great interest in small-tonnage cargo ships. The demand has been conveyed to Ankara. Now we are waiting for response from Ankara. According to representatives of the sector, Iranians` orders of magnitude are between 2.5 and 3 billion dollars.

İran, Türkiye'den bot ve gemi alacak Haberleri, En Son Haber || Samanyolu Haber

If it is true, then it means a huge trade-off on its way.

Turkey has to ASK there boss USA and EU

Because of the new sanctions Iran can buy medicine, food and industrial goods. Nobody asks anybody, these are the options of Iran. She can do business or not. It's Iran's choise.

Because of the new sanctions Iran can buy medicine, food and industrial goods. Nobody asks anybody, these are the options of Iran. She can do business or not. It's Iran's choise.

Turkey neither is part of usa nor European Union so if they have to abide by any sanctions then I guess they have to ask permission from the others.

Turkey neither is part of usa nor European Union so if they have to abide by any sanctions then I guess they have to ask permission from the others.

It seems i can't express myself. Iran is allowed to buy the stuff (as i mentioned on my previous post) from turkey. US and EU allows Iran. If i'am wrong feel free to correct me.

It seems i can't express myself. Iran is allowed to buy the stuff (as i mentioned on my previous post) from turkey. US and EU allows Iran. If i'am wrong feel free to correct me.

We don't need USA and EU permission to but what we want. and we have shown world hat in practice

It's a good news to hear. Even if there were no sanctions, I would suggest doing this because this will be a push to shipyard industry of turkiye.

Irans quite advanced ship building industry is fully capable of satisfying domestic needs as well as foreign exports...so the idea of buying turkish ship will probably not be realized..Iran wants hard cashe for its energy sales to Turkey..besides, according to the latest news from the nuclear talks in Almaty, there are signs that fortell the lifting of sanctions and tensions in due time...

Whether you like it or not USA is the ally of Turkiye. Turkish government just follows the UN resolution on Iran. The other countries besides Turkiye such as India, South Korea, South Africa, Malaysia, Sri Lanka,Taiwan etc. did same thing as Turkiye did. Some say Turkiye needs her boss!!! permission. If Turkiye needed US permission, then she would not trade with Iran at all. As I said, there is a resolution and we must follow that like any other US allies. That much simple.

BTW, an english source To evade US sanctions, Iran to trade oil for Turkish ships

Whether you like it or not USA is the ally of Turkiye. Turkish government just follows the UN resolution on Iran. The other countries besides Turkiye such as India, South Korea, South Africa, Malaysia, Sri Lanka,Taiwan etc. did same thing as Turkiye did. Some say Turkiye needs her boss!!! permission. If Turkiye needed US permission, then she would not trade with Iran at all. As I said, there is a resolution and we must follow that like any other US allies. That much simple.

BTW, an english source To evade US sanctions, Iran to trade oil for Turkish ships

Exactly which UN Resolution ?

Exactly which UN Resolution ?

I know what you mean. But I did not mean that there is a sanction for gold trade. The sanction is for the supply of nuclear-related materials and technology, and all enrichment-related and reprocessing activities. But since oil revenue is used to supply nuclear facility building, US wants to prevent this option and tells her allies to not provide financial support. For them gold means financial support and violation of UN sanction. For us, it is just trade and that is why Turkiye tried to find different option.

Back
Top Bottom