What's new

Imran khan emerging as anti-Punjab politician

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS, most of money is made in Punjab! Punjab doesn't even get proper per capita NFC award. Share of KPK and Balochistan is always way way above then their population. lol at money being diverted from others to Punjab. Spare us this bs unless you can prove it?

Bull shit. People from Karachi will say most money generated in port city and the fact is Karachi is like an orphan. No development there, no investment in infrastructure, which is so desperately needed in that city. Law and order situation is quite bad as I was recently there and came back quite disappointed.

I was talking in terms of popular votes,his party got significant votes, number of votes not always translate to seats but they do provide a base.
This is exactly something which IK needs to be told.

Last edited:
Bull shit. People from Karachi will say most money generated in port city and the fact is Karachi is like an orphan. No development there, no investment in infrastructure, which is so desperately needed in that city. Law and order situation is quite bad as I was recently there and came back quite disappointed.

Again prove it, Karachi doesn't generate most money but only revenue collection because of it being port city and FRB offices being there! Punjab share in Pakistan GDP is 58%, Sindh 26%, KPK 9% and Balochistan 3%. Rest is devided between FATA, 1.5% or Islamabad, AJK and Gilget with 3-4%.

Karachi is responsibility of MQM and PPP not federal.

imran khan has not said anything that can be treated as against punjab....he is against PML(N) cuz they just see lahore as the only city. punjab is not only lahore...naseebo lal fans will speak the language of rana sana ullah without even thinking what they are saying....

Bullshit thread IK was never against Punjab.

IK never discriminated between Pakistanis , he is the only true leader in Pakistan.
Thank you for such insightful comments......must be promoted to analyst or think tank members:sleep:

Please enlighten me how Puktoons are treated in Punjab ?

Members of my family are Pukhtoons as are quite a few of my friends - Most are from the Tribal Areas !

And I'm not even an ethnic Punjabi myself - So I would know a thing or two about how 'non-Punjabis' are treated in Punjab !

Butt sahab I am talking about just a visit, If you go to KP and do your primary research in lets say Peshawar. You will get your answer, However I also wrote, some of them them are as bad as each other and are uneducated. Only if you read my full post, it was directed at the other geezer because he said Pashtuns are the most racist and sindhis come in second. So it was regarding that and he should avoid doing that, some of them are as bad as each other. #uneducated

Please feel free to enlighten us with the experience. Even in KPK, there has been a divide based on language and nobody is willing to make any concerted effort to plug in..In Balochistan Pushtoon advocate breaking the province based on ethnicity....In Karachi Pushtoon concentrations have fueled conflict between Urdu-Speakers and themselves. Like they say," If you're at fault with anyone, then it might be his. If you're at fault with everyone, then for sure its yours"

& what did I say in my post.--There are racist everywhere--If not good some of them are as bad as each other and uneducated.

Butt sahab I am talking about just a visit, If you go to KP and do your primary research in lets say Peshawar. You will get your answer, However I also wrote, some of them them are as bad as each other and are uneducated. Only if you read my full post, it was directed at the other geezer because he said Pashtuns are the most racist and sindhis come in second. So it was regarding that and he should avoid doing that, some of them are as bad as each other. #uneducated

I've visited Peshawar many times - the People are nice ! :)

Pukhtoons are not racist - They are very nice people ! :kiss3:

But a Pukhtoon won't be treated in Punjab in a disparaging manner either !

Bullshit thread IK was never against Punjab.

IK never discriminated between Pakistanis , he is the only true leader in Pakistan.

If IK wan't to maintain previous ANP voters on his side by blaming everything on Punjab, then it would be better if ANP won next time. At least they don't play topi drama of being Pakistani nationalist party like PTI, also they are not in bed with terrorists.

Your Wheat Example doesn't de-bunk anything because PTI did that after months of the same 'Punjab Centric' crap circulating in Media & by-the-way the Council of Common Interests is the correct forum for that not the Supreme Court; I mentioned the Supreme Court in case of the denial of their Constitutional Rights such as the failure of the Federal Government to provide the requisite funds - This is the same BS that Bilor used to say when he ran the Pakistan Railways into the ground - The Federal Government never provided me with any funds !

If PTI really has a case - Take the Federal Government to the Supreme Court on the issue & take the Punjab Government to the Council of Common Interest on the non-providence of Wheat not the other way around !

Instead of quoting me these 'allegations' from the Media....tell when did PTI take the Federal Government to the Supreme Court for the non-payment of LDHW's salaries or the Lowari Tunnel or any other non-payment of funds because if 'allegations' are all the evidence that we can come up with than Abid Sher Ali has been throwing plenty of allegations around as well.

The fact of the matter is that they've got nothing to show for their performance in KP that is 'perceptible' but their only political strategy is to harp on endlessly about jumping from one issue to other - If it wasn't the Election, then it was the Media & if it wasn't the Media than it was the Wheat & if not that than the Electricity !

Instead of organizing Protests across the country they should deliver in KP !

If they are not getting the required funds they should take the Federal Government to the Supreme Court - their failure to do so only reinforces the perception that this is all just a farce to cover up their own failures in a Province they promised to bring in change in a 100 days where any perceptible change is yet to be seen !

And they're going by the age old tactic - When you've messed up...blame Punjab !

Don't mix things, failing to take federal govt or punjab govt to courts and improving things in province are two completely different things. You are talking about both at once and are deliberately mixing both. Your post indicates as if KP Govt has failed to do legal actions against Punjab / federal govt, they should be considered failed govt in all aspects. Which is neither fair nor sensible.

I have already told you a lot of times before that I agree on KP's failure to take legal actions on these issues. But its not like they haven't tried this option at all like you claim. I have already quoted you a couple of examples, and have shown enough proofs showing Federal / Punjab Govt's cheap tactics to create problems for KP govt. If you still want to give leverage to them, then you are free to do so, it doesn't change the facts.

First you were claiming that Punjab or Federal Govt never created hurdles for KP govt, but when I posted proofs, you came up with saying why KPK didn't take them to courts.. :lol:

What about the gazillion of cases in which Punjab Govt or Federal govt have been taken to courts? Consider, for example, the election reforms issue which is far more serious issue than these funds issues because KP can somehow manage to arrange funds from other sources or can delay projects for time being but without election reforms, the future of this nation and its integrity is on the line.

What has happened in past one year? PTI has been very vocal on this elections reforms issue, it was infact the one point agenda at which PTI is pressing hard since one year and have knocked every available door. What is the outcome? If PTI puts all of its weight behind election reforms issue, raises the issue at every available forum, does a lot of protests, but still can't get it done in one long year, what will happen if we will take Punjab Govt to courts for blocking wheat? How many years it will take to get a fair decision from courts on this issue?

If PTI can't get election reforms implementing after struggle of one long year at every available forum, then how on earth PTI becomes mighty powerful suddenly on other issues?

Don't mix things, failing to take federal govt or punjab govt to courts and improving things in province are two completely different things. You are talking about both at once and are deliberately mixing both. Your post indicates as if KP Govt has failed to do legal actions against Punjab / federal govt, they should be considered failed govt in all aspects. Which is neither fair nor sensible.

I have already told you a lot of times before that I agree on KP's failure to take legal actions on these issues. But its not like they haven't tried this option at all like you claim. I have already quoted you a couple of examples, and have shown enough proofs showing Federal / Punjab Govt's cheap tactics to create problems for KP govt. If you still want to give leverage to them, then you are free to do so, it doesn't change the facts.

First you were claiming that Punjab or Federal Govt never created hurdles for KP govt, but when I posted proofs, you came up with saying why KPK didn't take them to courts.. :lol:

What about the gazillion of cases in which Punjab Govt or Federal govt have been taken to courts? Consider, for example, the election reforms issue which is far more serious issue than these funds issues because KP can somehow manage to arrange funds from other sources or can delay projects for time being but without election reforms, the future of this nation and its integrity is on the line.

What has happened in past one year? PTI has been very vocal on this elections reforms issue, it was infact the one point agenda at which PTI is pressing hard since one year and have knocked every available door. What is the outcome? If PTI puts all of its weight behind election reforms issue, raises the issue at every available forum, does a lot of protests, but still can't get it done in one long year, what will happen if we will take Punjab Govt to courts for blocking wheat? How many years it will take to get a fair decision from courts on this issue?

If PTI can't get election reforms implementing after struggle of one long year at every available forum, then how on earth PTI becomes mighty powerful suddenly on other issues?

I'm not mixing anything; I'm simply saying that if PTI is going to take the stand that the Punjab Government is denying them their Right than you've got the Council of Common Interests for that !

Likewise if the Federal Government is denying them their Constitutional Rights - Its the Supreme Court for that !

Not the other way around.

So far as the 'proofs' that you've presented are concerned - They aren't proofs....they're allegations & similar allegations have been thrown by Abid Sher Ali & numerous others about PTI & by extension the KP Government !

If his allegations don't prove anything than I fail to see how to other allegations conversely prove anything !

The fact that they haven't taken either the Punjab Government to the CCI or the Federal Government to the SC only lends credence to the possibility that its all absolute BS - the same BS that Bilor used to talk about & the same that the Sindh Government is talking about !

So far as the Court Processes are concerned - If PTI is going to degenerate into a band of bumbling holligans like the jiyalas of other Parties then whats the point of 'change' if the only change we get is getting one buffoon for the other ?

PTI was right to go to the Election Tribunal as it was right to go to the Supreme Court but the lack of a positive response doesn't mean that you engage in Protests all over the country ad nauseam because sooner or later the sloganeering looses its charm & its 'umppfff' as is happening with the endless talk of 'Dhandliii in the Elections' !

Kiya 'Dhandlii' hoiii ? Haaan hoiiii else I wouldn't be Protesting along with them when they first staged a Protest in Defense but there is a limit to these Protests !

A Political Strategy formulated along the lines 'Keh Kuch aur nahin tou Dharnaaa hiii sahiiii' is getting stale !

Instead they should concentrate on that one Province that they're supposed to bring the Change in !

And what is worse as if accusing the Federal Government or the Punjab Government a dozen times wasn't enough - They have yet to show an iota of evidence for this !

Surely if their Funds are being blocked they can post KP Government's Bank Statements on their Official Website or the Contracts where it was promised by the Federal Government how much funds would they allocate for the xyz Project !

Instead they engage incessantly in this 'Dharneiii pey Dharnaaa' as if there is no tomorrow - They're not going to win the coming Elections on the basis of the number of Dharnass you did but on the basis of 'perceptible' change that they've brought in the Province they govern or are we seriously accusing the Federal Government of leaving the KP Government bone-dry when it comes to funds ?

And yet again without 'evidence' ?

If IK or other PTI Leaders are so interested in getting the facts straight why is it that barring conspiracy theories & allegations they don't bother to bring an atom's worth of evidence for these 'Punjab-Centric' policies & the denial of Funds ?

What is stopping PTI fans from protesting infront of the Supreme Court instead of every other city of Punjab where neither the Election Tribunal nor the Supreme Court nor the Provincial or Federal Government sits ?

What is the achievement of Imran Khan in politics except for doing frequent dharna. :blink:

This is what Imran Khan said, any sane person, I repeat any sane person, wouldnt disagree a word he said..

I'm not mixing anything; I'm simply saying that if PTI is going to take the stand that the Punjab Government is denying them their Right than you've got the Council of Common Interests for that !

Likewise if the Federal Government is denying them their Constitutional Rights - Its the Supreme Court for that !

Not the other way around.

So far as the 'proofs' that you've presented are concerned - They aren't proofs....they're allegations & similar allegations have been thrown by Abid Sher Ali & numerous others about PTI & by extension the KP Government !

If his allegations don't prove anything than I fail to see how to other allegations conversely prove anything !

The fact that they haven't taken either the Punjab Government to the CCI or the Federal Government to the SC only lends credence to the possibility that its all absolute BS - the same BS that Bilor used to talk about & the same that the Sindh Government is talking about !

So far as the Court Processes are concerned - If PTI is going to degenerate into a band of bumbling holligans like the jiyalas of other Parties then whats the point of 'change' if the only change we get is getting one buffoon for the other ?

PTI was right to go to the Election Tribunal as it was right to go to the Supreme Court but the lack of a positive response doesn't mean that you engage in Protests all over the country ad nauseam because sooner or later the sloganeering looses its charm & its 'umppfff' as is happening with the endless talk of 'Dhandliii in the Elections' !

Kiya 'Dhandlii' hoiii ? Haaan hoiiii else I wouldn't be Protesting along with them when they first staged a Protest in Defense but there is a limit to these Protests !

A Political Strategy formulated along the lines 'Keh Kuch aur nahin tou Dharnaaa hiii sahiiii' is getting stale !

Instead they should concentrate on that one Province that they're supposed to bring the Change in !

And what is worse as if accusing the Federal Government or the Punjab Government a dozen times wasn't enough - They have yet to show an iota of evidence for this !

Surely if their Funds are being blocked they can post KP Government's Bank Statements on their Official Website or the Contracts where it was promised by the Federal Government how much funds would they allocate for the xyz Project !

Instead they engage incessantly in this 'Dharneiii pey Dharnaaa' as if there is no tomorrow - They're not going to win the coming Elections on the basis of the number of Dharnass you did but on the basis of 'perceptible' change that they've brought in the Province they govern or are we seriously accusing the Federal Government of leaving the KP Government bone-dry when it comes to funds ?

And yet again without 'evidence' ?

If IK or other PTI Leaders are so interested in getting the facts straight why is it that barring conspiracy theories & allegations they don't bother to bring an atom's worth of evidence for these 'Punjab-Centric' policies & the denial of Funds ?

What is stopping PTI fans from protesting infront of the Supreme Court instead of every other city of Punjab where neither the Election Tribunal nor the Supreme Court nor the Provincial or Federal Government sits ?

The thing is, PTI is also doing politics, popular politics I must say. Yes, that doesn't sound good but I have no shame in calling spade a spade. PTI knows that govt isn't going to divide punjab and create new provinces because PMLN don't want to loose its power in the province. PTI knows that they are behind PMLN in the province and if they are to ever form federal govt, they have to win big from Punjab. I see no other reason of these city wise protests.

Having said that, we cannot deny the pressure these protests are creating on election commission and govt. Both are facing the heat and every protest is adding more pressure on them. PTI's yesterday's deadline of 14th Aug sums it all up that PTI is completely serious about election reforms and isn't going to leave the issue just like that. Which is a good move indeed.

Regarding taking Punjab Govt to CCI and Federal Govt to SC, I have already agreed that KP govt is lazy about this. But the allegations aren't baseless like what Bilour used to do or what Sindh govt is doing, those are either independent media reports or govt's own official figures which I was presenting. Nothing like Abid Sher Ali, or Bilour who just comes up in a press conference and starts pulling things out of his rear side. :lol:

Performance of KPK govt in sectors like education, health, Justis, Police Reforms, Anti Corruption, Tax Collections etc is whole different debate. And as per all latest surveys and govt figures, things have improved drastically in the province. In a lot of sectors, KPK's one year performance is far better than other provinces. KP's performance speaks for itself. If you want a debate on it, open another thread and I will present proofs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom