What's new

IK did not cancel KL Summit trip due to Saudi Arabia pressure, says Dr Mahatir

While the country has been boiling for a month on the Uyghur issue, no government official, including Erdogan, has opened his mouth. There is even a pro-government segment that attacks those who want to talk about it.

You're trying to interpret the situation without even knowing what happened.

Bravo, you've solved this very well.

No one is hiding! Mahatir is saying something else and I gave you the link!
Whatever is Erdogan's problem that needs to be sorted out!

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/saud...sed-pakistan-from-attending-kl-summit.646716/

KL summit resulted in an announcement against China for their Muslim population and we have a muti billion dollar project with China so we can rest assure it is more to do with China than Erdogan making it about GCC!
Ohh !!!
So this is another side of the coin i didn’t dig in earlier, thanks for mentioning !!!

Turkey has its own “uyighur turkic” issues whatsoever.

It is not plausible for us to attend such a forum given our strong relations with KSA or CHINA.

I say, Turkey is acting a grown up kid now. It has no SIDES !!!

It is trying to make its own but a side without a Super power cannot function unless all members have strong economy and are first world countries !!!

Pakistan ? Nope, far from that.
Malaysia ? Stable, has good infrastructure.
Turkey ? Unstable, threatened by USA, on a kamekazi mode since some time.
Indonesia ? Internal issues, over population, poverty.

Need i mention african countries ? Nope.

Qatar ? For the time being out of GCC camp but will return someday. And when that day comes, will give a tight slap on the face of Turkish/Pakistan Bloc

IRAN ? Selfish, plays for itself, traitor and cunning. Falls for highest bidder

It was reported by foreign media such as Pakistan's Geo News that Imran cancelled his scheduled visit to Malaysia under pressure from Saudi Arabia.
geo/jang group are bigger liars than erdogan the biggest NATO flag-bearer in Mid-East (and China-hater to boot)!

Last edited:
Pakistan ? Nope, far from that.
Malaysia ? Stable, has good infrastructure.
Turkey ? Unstable, threatened by USA, on a kamekazi mode since some time.
Indonesia ? Internal issues, over population, poverty.

Need i mention african countries ? Nope.

Qatar ? For the time being out of GCC camp but will return someday. And when that day comes, will give a tight slap on the face of Turkish/Pakistan Bloc

IRAN ? Selfish, plays for itself, traitor and cunning. Falls for highest bidder
This is the sad reality of a nation told to unite :(

including Erdogan, has opened his mouth.
The min Erdogan closed his eyes and mouth ...how can anyone else talk for the Turk people when the Turks were silent?
Now blaming Pakistan was really a sad display for own failure!

This is the sad reality of a nation told to unite :(

The min Erdogan closed his eyes and mouth ...how can anyone else talk for the Turk people when the Turks were silent?
Now blaming Pakistan was really a sad display for own failure!

You are quite right. However, instead of the Uighur issue, the current government prefers to talk about the Palestinian people or Kashmiris at the UN. Government officials should hold panels on the Uyghur issue, while conferences on the Kashmir issues held in İstanbul. While TIKA spends billions of dollars in various countries, it cannot even enter the Uyghur region. The majority of Turkish people are angry to the government because of such issues.

In the context of Uyghur issue in summit ,you can see that even not directly related to Turkey delegation. You can build a racial bond in your mind (I wish too, there was a link), but you ignore that it is already a hot topic for the Indonesian and Malaysian public and Islamic circles.

My personal opinion, if the reason of this crisis is about Turkey's attempt to impose this issue alone, I would be happy about this. But I assure you, in order to claim this, you need to be someone who does not follow Turkish policy at all.

You are quite right. However, instead of the Uighur issue, the current government prefers to talk about the Palestinian people or Kashmiris at the UN. Government officials should hold panels on the Uyghur issue, while conferences on the Kashmir issues held in İstanbul. While TIKA spends billions of dollars in various countries, it cannot even enter the Uyghur region. The majority of Turkish people are angry to the government because of such issues.

In the context of Uyghur issue in summit ,you can see that even not directly related to Turkey delegation. You can build a racial bond in your mind (I wish too, there was a link), but you ignore that it is already a hot topic for the Indonesian and Malaysian public and Islamic circles.

My personal opinion, if the reason of this crisis is about Turkey's attempt to impose this issue alone, I would be happy about this. But I assure you, in order to claim this, you need to be someone who does not follow Turkish policy at all.
IK didnt go coz of China issue...Unfortunately that revolves around our economy and at this time with india going mental we cant argue with another neighbour!

Dear brothers , and @Dubious , you tried to teach us that this is an international forum while locking a Topic over 15 pages that contains nothing more than 1/1 translation is locked only because it does not fit the views.

Even if the messages of someones not deleted while they swearing directly to us, say wash your mouth and pass it. You accuse us of lying, but you can draw a picture with fiction in your head without knowing enough about Turkish politics. And that's perfect sense of justice, trying to say something about Turkey. I'm sorry to bother you. I will also take care not to open a title about Pakistan again.

KL Summit had to be a great meeting of most powerful Muslim countries but It is converted into a big disappointment which is being questioned by Turks at present. Before the summit, It was even believed that a strategic collaboration/JV on defense industry will be discussed between those states but We didn’t manage it. TrtWorld has prepared a mini news footage about it

KL Summit had to be a great meeting of most powerful Muslim countries
it was nothing more than an attempt to split Pakistan from China and Saudi Arabia (and stopping the financial support that Pakistan is receiving).

Last edited:
Mahathir is keeping the door open for Pakistan by giving the benefit of doubt.

Will Pakistan join? May not under the IK government.

KL Summit had to be a great meeting of most powerful Muslim countries but It is converted into a big disappointment which is being questioned by Turks at present. Before the summit, It was even believed that a strategic collaboration/JV on defense industry will be discussed between those states but We didn’t manage it. TrtWorld has prepared a mini news footage about it

An intergovernmental cooperation or coordination agency, or even joint press conferences as the most baist example ; are formed by the long-term work of joint delegations of tens of people in the background.

The cited triple mechanism was not established 3 days ago. At least 1 year history. Therefore, positions taken cannot be considered as daily attitudes. That's where I find it hard to understand. Here is, trying to draw a picture as if IK's participation sabotaged by Turkish counterpart. Well, if there is discomfort with Turkey, why it turned out now?

I don't want to be involved in any further discussion. Because some accuse Turkey being of US's sheep while some denounce us about lying. Obviously it is ironic in many ways but I do not want to turn these accusations in the same way. Anyway, I wish to Turks remembers the facts taught by history and acts accordingly after that fitna.

Saudi jobs is to:
1) Make sure OIC remains a dummy organisation which does nothing
2) Make sure there is no threat to OIC

When Muslim states want to organise a summit to draw a roadway for better future, Why should we consider not to hurt the benefits of some other states ? That is not a pure weakness? The main scope of big summits are to establish collaboration environment in order to draw a future plan which will serve the benefits of participants in areas of social, economic and cultural matters. If IK requested leaders not to voice anything bad about matters that may hurt short term benefits of Pakistan in press conference, Noone would have objected to IK but It seems He prefered the worst likely option in a critical timelime. Put establishment of an economic union like EU or military union like NATO aside, We have created a perception like Muslim states can not organise even a simple summit. That is unfortunately the reality.

Mahathir is keeping the door open for Pakistan by giving the benefit of doubt.

Will Pakistan join? May not under the IK government.
Lol, they are not deciders to opening/close gates.
Might and POTENTIAL leadership position of Pakistan in the Muslim world is undeniable.
Any alliance which lacks us is a mere tea conference !!!

Yup, the meeting is no where suggest that they will create a Muslim block from this 6 countries (Pakistan, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Qatar, Iran). Previous plan is to make such block as Mahathir as said to set up a headquarter of this group and said Indonesia is the option for the headquarter place.

Indonesian government on the other hand oppose such effort and suggest for all Muslim nation to use OIC instead to discuss Muslim issue despite keep sending its FM to attend the conference.

Indonesia current administration focuses more on economic development and still hope for Saudi and UAE investment pledge to materialized so I think this is the reason of our vice president sudden cancellation to give speech there. Jokowi also doesnt have any global ambition as it is why he never give speech on UN assembly meeting every years since being elected. I dont think he has any ambition to challenge Saudi dominant influence on Muslim world.

I think cooperation between Muslim countries will be set up in bilateral basis and for Indonesian-Turkish defense cooperation I think is currently under intense talk before Erdogan visit to Indonesia in early 2020 to celebrate our 70 years relationship.

Back
Top Bottom