What's new

IF NOT KHALISTAN, SHOULDN'T EAST PUNJAB BE AUTONOMOUS REGION

I will give you a more polite answer.

I think the case is that there is more synpathy for Khalistan than Indians here let on.

But not enough to create a momentum to sustain the movement.

As I explained before, there were secessionist movements at the outset of Indian independence which has subsequently cooled down.

The Khalistani movement just doesn't have enough political momentum to get their demands.

There were even calls to make South India a separate country in the 1950's :rofl: It cooled down as well.

then hear a blunt answer.................there is no support at all..............at the best supporters in 100's

I will give you a more polite answer.

I think the case is that there is more synpathy for Khalistan than Indians here let on.

But not enough to create a momentum to sustain the movement.

As I explained before, there were secessionist movements at the outset of Indian independence which has subsequently cooled down.

The Khalistani movement just doesn't have enough political momentum to get their demands.

There were even calls to make South India a separate country in the 1950's :rofl: It cooled down as well.

But Ravi, the Thread is not about Khalistan per se.

If you read the title, it clearly negates the creation of Khalistan but raises the issue of an Autonomous East Punjab Region within India and is exploring the support for that, NOT KHALISTAN....

Indians want to close this thread, understand their worried.....:rofl:

......But they will come to cheer on Pakistan's every problem issues.

Last time I checked the membership of PDF was International not just South Asia.

The overseas Khalistanis are a lot like the overseas supporters of the LTTE movement I think.

They are far removed from the ground realities and the foreign surroundings create an identity crisis in them.

So a lot of them tend to be more 'Sikh than then Sikhs in India :-)

But Ravi, the Thread is not about Khalistan per se.

If you read the title, it clearly negates the creation of Khalistan but raises the issue of an Autonomous East Punjab Region within India and is exploring the support for that, NOT KHALISTAN....

As I understand it, there is no maor political will or popular support to do that as well.

The Telangana issue comes to mind. If a political pary senses there is enough support for the move they will support it :-)

Congress backed the Telangana movement because they sensed a polarisation and hoped they could make political hay over it.

Are you sure that you want a racist state right next to the border?
No it won't have an impact on us, when shit hits the fan the next time (it will), we have a choice to remain indifferent and shoot everything that moves.

I agree with you and that is why the issue raised in this thread is NOT about creation of Independent Nation called " Khalistan ".

Instead the issue raised by the Thread is to see if there is any support for " Autonomous region " as claimed by NRI's.

Such, such nonsense it really is. Literally the ONLY place i see the idea of Khalistan alive is on PDF and other PAKISTANI based sites. Okay after 1984 I could see the Khalistani cause gaining fresh momentum as the riots in Delhi were utterly utterly despicable but now in 2014? No a fat NO. The Sikhs who want Khalistan are either dead or in some other country but in India itself? Nope. I mean Sikhs are famed for their warrior spirit, do you really think that Punjab would be entirely at peace as it is today if the idea of Khalistan was still alive in the hearts of so many Sikhs? You don't think there'd be some sort of violence being committed by these "Khalistanis" in India? If some tribals in the jungles can do it surely Sikhs can? How many people have "Khalistanis" killed in India this year? or the year before? or this decade? Hmmm exactly 0.

Despite all this hatred for India in the Sikh community how many Sikhs visit India every year? How many Sikhs swell the Indian Military ranks? I won't reiterate the achiemvents of Indian Sikhs IN INDIA to date as i've done this soooo many times it is futile but let no one be under the impression 99% of Sikhs around the world consider India their homeland.

Certain Pakistani members- I would stop dreaming about "Khalistan", I guarantee it will NEVER happen, not in a million years.

Last edited:
As I understand it, there is no maor political will or popular support to do that as well.

The Telangana issue comes to mind. If a political pary senses there is enough support for the move they will support it :-)

Congress backed the Telangana movement because they sensed a polarisation and hoped they could make political hay over it.

Thank you Ravi, Finally someone has answered the question raised by the thread.....:enjoy:

I like this map of Khalistan, let's do this guys. :lol:

Khalistan.jpg

I agree with you and that is why the issue raised in this thread is NOT about creation of Independent Nation called " Khalistan ".

Instead the issue raised by the Thread is to see if there is any support for " Autonomous region " as claimed by NRI's.

Its India's internal mess. We need not worry about it. Let it rip on its own pace, we know how to defend our borders.

Its India's internal mess. We need not worry about it. Let it rip on its own pace, we know how to defend our borders.

Which year do you live in? There is no mess vis-a-vis Khalistan. That issue has been dead for 30 years now. Let us discuss Soviet Union and cold war while we are at it, shall we?

Back
Top Bottom