What's new

If India supports freedom in Crimea, why not in Kashmir?

mbi munsi your book is a piece of shit i just read a few pages

you are an idiot propaganda setter

Beta Ji, We would have consider it a dispute if you would not have gone to UN after Simla agreement but since didn't abide by Simla agreement and tried to involve third party, Its no dispute anymore. You go and cry infront of UN and USA all you want and our answer will be 'Kashmir is India's Integral part'.

Uncle g what you are suggesting right now (i.e Simla Agreement is not valid anymore) doesn`t help your cause . But surely you are not mature enough to understand these things ...

That is not a relevant answer to a legitimate question. Why is there this discrepancy in Indian foreign policy. Obviously there is nothing moral or high-minded about Indian foreign policy.

Foreign policies are supposed to forward national interest. Not moral or truthful or spiritual. And yes, we are descendants of Chanakya, so we will formulate policies or real politik not rakhwalas of whatever.

Ukrain was not powerful like India and Pakistan is also not Russia.

27 Oct 1947
Legal Document No 115

My dear Maharajah Sahib,

Your Highness's letter, dated the 26th Octobers has been delivered to me by Mr. V.P. Menon. In the special circumstances mentioned by Your Highness, my Government have decided to accept the accession of Kashmir State to the Dominion of India. Consistently with their policy that. in the case of any State where the issue of accession has been the subject of dispute, the question of accession should be decided in accordance with the wishes of the people of the State, it is my Government's wish that, as soon as law and order have been restored in Kashmir and her soil cleared of the invader, the question of the State's accession should be settled by a reference to the people. Meanwhile, in response to your Highness's appeal for military aid, action has been taken today to send troops of the Indian Army to Kashmir to help your own forces to defend your territory and to protect the lives, property and honour of your people.

My Government and I note with satisfaction that your Highness has decided to invite Sheikh Abdullah to form an Interim Government to work with your Prime Minister.

Yours sincerely,
(Sd/-) Mountbatten of Burma
What Mountbatten said in this letter on 27th October, it was already confirmed by Nehru on 8th of June in State People's Conference. Muslim League's stand on Princely states were extravagantly clear that North Western states will decide themselves which dominion to join and No force or coercion will be applied.Consequent events completely jeopardized all the hopes and all commitments made were lost in subsequent invasion and stalemate, without making UN resolution into effect.

It is not beauty ... it is "Hat Dharmi" (stubbornness) !!
Call it hat dharmi, beauty, irony, anything else.
Terms dont matter, realities on the ground do.
And What about Simla Agreement ? Your PM admitted that Kashmir was a disputed territory ....
Yes. And it says that any issue that crops up has to be resolved bilaterally. No third party can be involved.

Do you actually think India will just go for plebicite? If not, then why do you bother repeating the same lines Azlan.

Back
Top Bottom