What's new

If India does a Surgical strike in Pakistan, how would/should Pakistan respond??

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to tell you MKIs are not for surgikal strikes its the job of jags and M2Ks of IAF + we dont need 50jets for the job 5 jags with spice 250s can do that job pretty easily and that too from a standoff range :D

And then you'll get hit with a barrage of cruise missiles on the same base these jets came from and you'll lose three times the amount, plus people, buildings, equipment, etc. Then what? Then you'll retaliate, knowing Pakistan, they'll then do pre-empt strikes to neutralize certain areas and then the you'll have to respond and then KABOOM!!! the South Asia!!

And then you'll get hit with a barrage of cruise missiles on the same base these jets came from and you'll lose three times the amount, plus people, buildings, equipment, etc. Then what? Then you'll retaliate, knowing Pakistan, they'll then do pre-empt strikes to neutralize certain areas and then the you'll have to respond and then KABOOM!!! the South Asia!!
when it goes kaboom, no more india and Pakistan you both go down

thing is we have the all the capabillities and infra to track all such prprations well before your so called "barrage of CMs"

but what you dont understand is the distance they need to cover and oppostion they face to get to their targets but ever wonderred speed of bhramos and the distance it needs to travel and oppostion it faces to get the job done :azn:

rest u can speculate yourself :D

lets just say neither india or Pakistan will cease to exist
at the most a few cities of western indian states of rajasthan and punjab might get affected but what will be your response when it starts :devil:

Last edited:
The US can do drone strikes or ANY strikes inside India if she wishes too and there is a need. Nothing you can do.

Oh Really? US can't even attack Iran, let alone India. Buddy a sincere advise - Just think a bit before posting.

Unlike Pakistan, we don't sell our sovereignty for few dollars and some military hardware. We don't let other countries use our land for their bases, yes not even Russia. We don't suck up to countries who kill our civilians and defense forces and sure as hell no country is conducting OBL like operations in India.

So keep your childish posts w/o any factual basis to yourself. We have faced off US before and will do so again when needed but the reality is US quite cosy with India and yeah we didn't had to fight proxy wars in Afghanistan or let their drones kill our civilians for that.

It all depends on how far India is willing to go. Obviously, a strike across the borders would lead to a full scale and powerful response. If India is willing to get f*****, then let it have the guts to do something.

Either you guys are ALL really fukking stupid or are very out of touch with Reality. The US can do drone strikes or ANY strikes inside India if she wishes too and there is a need. Nothing you can do. We fly a few dozens of miles away from the Chinese shores. Nothing that they can do (that is, if they can even DETECT us). So PLEASE, try not to compare your third world country with the US.
Gosh, sounds like Alice in wonderland kind of story.

US cannot afford to strike inside India or China at least in current situation. If you cannot understand this simple, then there is no sense of debating.

Provide bathrooms and proper beds to over 600 million people who don't have them, before you can even THINK you are at the level of the United States. Again, the fake, inferior, superior being syndrome!!!!

Neither we are, nor we aspire to be like US, we will built INDIA the way we want and not replica of someone else.

In a conflict, or in any situation, you can ONLY measure YOUR action. Not the retaliation. If it was that easy and you people had balls and your SU's were really that MANLY, you would've done it many years ago when the Pakistanis didn't even have BVR's. Not its a WHOLE different story!!!

Sorry we dont think like you our Your Mushy (Musharraf). Unlike some races we dont have a history of attacking others. We pick our weapons to defend ourselves and when ever we did that, we have changed the history.

So be careful what you wish for. You don't want India to become the shiit hole it used to be back in the mid 90's.....because when or if a war breaks out. Trust me, all the economy is going to come to a halt. And all big companies will be moving to Philippines and Malaysia!!

If India is going to get into Shit Hole, trust me whole world will be swiming in same shit hole and some countries which are already into shit hole might get flushed into gutter :P

It all depends on how far India is willing to go. Obviously, a strike across the borders would lead to a full scale and powerful response. If India is willing to get f*****, then let it have the guts to do something.
but why do you think india will respond like your establishment wants them too = so called surgikal strikes or cross border strikes :azn:

trust me we do have "other options" :devil: :D

Random thoughts have become thread and have become troll fest.......

Let me put my thoughts to this troll thread.......

India will not do any kind of surgical strike in Pakistan, Because :

1) The surgical strikes has to be on a terror camp : And India would not have the intelligence to carry out such an attack
2) Even if Indian agencies manage to get accurate intelligence, how can one confirm the causalities were terrorists?
3) What if the surgical strike fails?
4) What would be the retaliation and is it worth to risk a nuclear war for killing few terrorists?
5) Why would India take risk of diplomatic isolation/difficulties for the sake of few terrorists?

Neither India has the politial will or not the capacity to conduct a successful raid without initiating a nuclear war.....We are not USA.....

But If anyone in Pakistan is linked to this attack, then I would say advantage India and can initiate the second level of diplomatic offensive........

When has anyone brought out cruise and ballistic missiles so early on?

1) The surgical strikes has to be on a terror camp : And India would not have the intelligence to carry out such an attack
2) Even if Indian agencies manage to get accurate intelligence, how can one confirm the causalities were terrorists?
4) What would be the retaliation and is it worth to risk a nuclear war for killing few terrorists?
5) Why would India take risk of diplomatic isolation/difficulties for the sake of few terrorists?

Neither India has the politial will or not the capacity to conduct a successful raid without initiating a nuclear war.....We are not USA.....

But If anyone in Pakistan is linked to this attack, then I would say advantage India and can initiate the second level of diplomatic offensive........

Very objective post, just one disagreement though: the bolded part above.
A mix of strategic and commercial importance plus diplomatic pragmtism has changed since the 90s. India will not be so easily isolated.

thing is we have the all the capabillities and infra to track all such prprations well before your so called "barrage of CMs"

but what you dont understand is the distance they need to cover and oppostion they face to get to their targets but ever wonderred speed of bhramos and the distance it needs to travel and oppostion it faces to get the job done :azn:

rest u can speculate yourself :D

at the most a few cities of western indian states of rajasthan and punjab might get affected but what will be your response when it starts :devil:
firstly i m British so our nukes will annihilate both india and Pakistan. i am not Pakistani
Pakistan's response would be unpredictable as there nukes are stored in tunnels in under the mountains and heavily fortified bases. there bases will be knocked out but the other mountain bases will be their response. in 2005 there was satellite imagery of 15 shaheen 2 TEL'S being prepared to be out fitted with missiles from my analysis they have a mixture of defensive and strategic missiles. they do have tactical nukes but not much of them as they dont need them. this is what keeps india at bay and if you read the link i also posted(it's below as well saves time), it's highlights that it takes india a while to mobilise it's troops.

MIT CIS: precis Spring 2012

also Pakistan is purchasing some submarines which are almost guarantied to carry compacted high yield tritium and lithium spiked nukes so you will get a lot of bang so your eastern front is also at a lot of risk.

Last edited:
Very thoughtfull post, let me try to put some points in

India doesnt have much issue in regard to intelligence gathering and with its close connection with various global bodies for intelligence sharing and collection, we can get very pin point intelligence.

Well thats always have been question of strikes, even if India is confirm them as terrorists, pakistan will never accept it, they will deny it. This problem can only be solved by having strong background channels with international bodies.

Well thats a challenge always, in case of surgical failure, clean up plan has to be very strong.
Secondary channels and media has to be pushed hard to cover it up.

A surgical strike doesnt mean that you are taking your divison and marching into enemies posts. This are small troop very precise strike and quick move out. And since not many areas are opened up for action, there would not be large scale retaliation. Because for that pakistan have to move its arm forces and doing that will take time and will get into eyes of global forces. Pakistan will push the terrorism and indirect attacks inside India and will taken into UN which india will fight back on the cards of terrorism.

India wont do surgical strikes without taking major powers in consideration, backup channels will pull up enough strings to not only control there reactions but also to control pakistan. Kargil is one such example.

Well India will not take route of surgical strikes without any major provocation, forget pakistan even US doesnt have capacity to raise a nuclear war in this era. People have seen what kind of havoc a nuclear attack causes. Social unrest and global pressure will break down the country if not MAD.

What did I say about 101 excuses? Where does it say in international law "torrent" qualfies arming terrorists? Please do tell me? It is not a question of creation. Nexalities are your creation does it mean we start arming them and then when you get refugees running around we invade?

Read the book of 101 excuses.
But you are overlooking the fact that there may be a germ of truth in his posts. Pakistan's rule over BD was probably tyrannical.

I would request all my indian friends here to ignore the **** propaganda about indian strike. better not to reply on that.
let them do what they do best spread terrorism for next 15 years and cry about kashmir.

India is the fastest growing major economy .......we have greater things to achieve.

2014 GDP nominal

1 usa 17 trillion
2 china 10.3 trillion
3. japan 4.6 trillion
4 germany 3.8 trillion
5 uk 2.9 trillion
6 france 2.8 trillion
7 brazil 2.3 trillion
8 italy 2.1 trillion
9 india 2.04 trillion
10 russia 1.8 trillion
42 pakistan .25 trillion or 250 billion
8 times bigger than pakistan:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

Now lets talk about gdp growth

9 india7.40 % ( if modi can implement his policies then it will reach double digit growth)
67 pakistan 4.10 %

Almost 2 times than pakistan :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Foreign reserve
India's 355 billion dollar
pakistan's 17 billion dollar

20 times bigger than Pakistan :taz::taz::taz::taz:

2030 projection BY IMF India to be third largest economy with 6.5 trillion. Also some are project india will cross 10 trillion mark...

1 United States 24 trillion
2 China 22 trillion
3 India 6.5 trillion
4.japan 6.4 trillion
5 Germany 4.5 trillion
6Brazil 3.9 trillion
7United Kingdom 3.6 trillion
8France 3.3 trillion
9Canada 2.3 trillion
10 Russia 2.2 trillion

sorry no projection about pakistan....:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
let me project at 4 % growth rate say
around 450 billion probably

Moral of the story.....after 15 years u will need a bina-color to find us...u will be so much behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom