What's new

'If I could change just one thing in India

I would make a big island in the pacific ocean with India, large part of Serbia and whole of Australia and greenland together exclusively for us Indians :D :D.. No country should be near to us.. Imagine with all those land and no one there to bother us :angel:

I have actually thought about this a lot. In my state there is no 'caste' issue. Also in most states of India caste based discrimination is in decline. Only in Bihar, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu(pockets), Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan (damn they are most populated ones) caste based politics thrive. I have noticed two main reasons why they still exist, even among the educated.

1. So called Higher castes who are rich stick to their privileges. The younger generation cares less but fear to go against the system. Marrying a different caste girl breaks all hell loose. Those who are poor try to stick to their last vestige of (false) pride in a higher strata.

2. The so called Lower caste, especially the educated and well to do ones fly their 'low-caste'-ness flag high to get Government reservation in every field. Many of these seats go empty in premier institutions. Reason they are encouraged = votebank. In UP there are parties that woo each caste! The poor among the lower caste find it difficult to make ends meet. In most cases they are unaware that the Govt. has so and so schemes for their benefit. Local 'low caste' leaders give a quarter of the benefit entitled to them and claims all the glory. He becomes the hero of the local community. Then starts goonda raj. End result - benefit trickles to only a small section of people. True, this is confined only to UP, Bihar, Jharkhand and Orissa. I saw this firsthand in Orissa in a shuddhi drive. The rot is very very deep. In fact there was a local tribal movement to remove all castes from their names in tribal Orissa. The lower castes opposed it, because their leader said that if successful, they will not get any jobs! And you can't deny his logic at first glance either!

3. Caste and sectarian differences, IMO, are a narrow minded goal of every community. Be it Dharmic faiths, or Christianity, Islam, Judaism - we just can't live and let live. After some time, one has to stand up and proclaim his/her superiority to others.

At least regarding the Dharmic faiths, I can safely make amends. There is grave injustice done to all castes. One should only be judged(if at all) on their karma(what they do good/bad etc) not on their house of birth. Even the ideal phenomenon of a profession based just caste system in impractical. A Ksatriya would want his son to be a warrior, even though he wants to renounce everything and be a Brahmin. Without an eternally just Central Authority a working caste system can be only temporarily good. And we all know that a Central Authority with so much power will take how much time to get corrupted. :D So in this Yug, no more caste system. :yay:

Its a foolish wish made by the ignorant.

Caste has been enshrined in the constitution of India and can never be abolished :lol:

The Indian constitution demands we all have caste's and declare it too. Abolishion of Caste means abolishion of reservations, Good luck with that. :disagree:
There wouldn't have been reservation if there were no caste system in the first place...

There wouldn't have been reservation if there were no caste system in the first place...

LOL. You couldn't be more wrong.

Caste and Class has always existed in the world since time immemorial. Only stupid Indians has made it as part of their constitution and thus making it permanent and irreversible.

Most modern nations have eliminated inequality by providing equal opportunity, not reservations. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL. You couldn't be more wrong.

Caste and Class has always existed in the world since time immemorial. Only stupid Indians has made it as part of their constitution and thus making it permanent and irreversible.

Most modern nations have eliminated inequality by providing equal opportunity, not reservations. :rolleyes:
Really? Tell me where else in the modern world there is an equivalent of caste... As long as thre is a difference in quality of education in rural/urban areas that too between govt schools you cant call it equal oppurtunities...:rolleyes:

Really? Tell me where else in the modern world there is an equivalent of caste... As long as thre is a difference in quality of education in rural/urban areas that too between govt schools you cant call it equal oppurtunities...:rolleyes:

As usual we are suppose to carry the burden of your ignorance.

Japan had a well entrenched caste system. Have you heard of a caste called 'samurai' ? other Japanese caste's were furiuri, tanagari, mizunomi-byakusho. They even had a class of untouchables called Burakumin.

Europe had a well defined caste system divided as the clergy, Nobility and Peasants. In fact the Peasants themselves had sub caste as slave, serf and freeman. France and Spain even had a class of untouchables called Cagots who had zero upward social mobility and had to use segregated doors, drink from segregated fonts, and even christianity treated them as untouchables by refusing them equal rights as other christians.

Most societies in Africa had caste system with various jati's considering themselves as superior. The Tutsi consider themselves superior to the Hutu. In fact these caste difference even today cause civil wars in African nations.

Yemen had a caste system with a lower caste called Al-Akhdam who were perpetual laborers.

All countries from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, cambodia etc.. had caste which is very similar to Indian caste system.

The only difference is that these nations have stopped practicing it while our constitutions forces us to practice the caste system.

As to your last piece of stupidity, there is no perfect equality or equal opportunity anywhere in the world, that is why people rely on meritocracy the world over. Mukesh Ambani's son will always have more opportunities than me, so will Rahul Gandhi.

If you had got yourself educated via a meritorious system you would have know these things yourself without me having to explain them to you.

As usual we are suppose to carry the burden of your ignorance.

Japan had a well entrenched caste system. Have you heard of a caste called 'samurai' ? other Japanese caste's were furiuri, tanagari, mizunomi-byakusho. They even had a class of untouchables called Burakumin.

Europe had a well defined caste system divided as the clergy, Nobility and Peasants. In fact the Peasants themselves had sub caste as slave, serf and freeman. France and Spain even had a class of untouchables called Cagots who had zero upward social mobility and had to use segregated doors, drink from segregated fonts, and even christianity treated them as untouchables by refusing them equal rights as other christians.

Most societies in Africa had caste system with various jati's considering themselves as superior. The Tutsi consider themselves superior to the Hutu. In fact these caste difference even today cause civil wars in African nations.

Yemen had a caste system with a lower caste called Al-Akhdam who were perpetual laborers.

All countries from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, cambodia etc.. had caste which is very similar to Indian caste system.

The only difference is that these nations have stopped practicing it while our constitutions forces us to practice the caste system.

As to your last piece of stupidity, there is no perfect equality or equal opportunity anywhere in the world, that is why people rely on meritocracy the world over. Mukesh Ambani's son will always have more opportunities than me, so will Rahul Gandhi.

If you had got yourself educated via a meritorious system you would have know these things yourself without me having to explain them to you.
Instead of calling me stupid start talking sense... There is no equivalent of Indian Caste system in any part of the world.. Only thing that was equivalent was Apartheid but it no longer exists...
If you are too thick to compare tribal rivalry with caste system, then i may be wasting my time... And comparing medival european practices like serfdom and samaurai's from feudal era of Japan that existed for few hundred years to caste system that spans over 2000 years ,really?
The fact that you claim that caste system exists only due to reservation makes it worth stupidest post of the year...
and yeah I belong to the general category even though belonging to neither the oppressor or the oppressed castes, only when there is an equal opportunity can there be value for meritocracy... Since the tribal and scheduled caste population live in rural/semi rural areas if you have any idea of the quality of schools there you wouldn't make absurd statements like meritocracy since significant meritorious students from SC and ST will loose the race from the school days due to disproportionate exposure and access to quality education... IF you can't observe that without the reservation these ppl would continue to be what they were for 2000 years cut of from the rest of the society then you need more meritorious education..
BTW stop quoting me

LOL. The fact that the word 'caste' itself is not Indian should have clued you in to the fact that it existed elsewhere, outside India.

I have given a detailed explanation and you come back by saying its all wrong and caste existed only in India. You wish to close your eyes and live in the dark, so good luck with that. Live in your cave with your inferiority complex and British brainwashed ideas of India. Don't let facts awake you from your cocoon of ignorance and bias. I certainly wont waste my time on you again. Too bad we cannot outlaw stupidity.

What do you people care? you always fought jihad! when your PCB is in trouble they talk aman ki asha,when lollywood is in trouble they talk aman ki asha, adnan sami calls it home, WTF? he was told clearly to f**k off and the reason given was we got enough talent ,we dont want performers who earn money in India and send it back home which lands in tax, which will be eventually used by Government of pak that country against us in terrorism.Why should we pay for our own deaths?
STOP all Sports,Trade,Any Contact(Until they dismantle terror camps and come clean).

Me too.

Why do Indians practice such a racist system in this day and age when they claim be some sort of an ancient advanced civilisation (as if)?

Back
Top Bottom