What's new

If an F16 Can Take Out an F35 WVR---Then a JF 17 Can as Well

F 35 will be stealth how F 16 can detect it in first place in order to shoot wvr

First of all I would rather call it silly of the ones who had put F-35 against an F-16 in WVR dogfight. F-35 was designed to take out any adversary in full stealth and BVR mode. If at all there is a case when F-35 has to indulge in WVR dogfight with any adversary then we would call it a total failure of the F-35 as with all its hi tech and stealth mode how can even an aircraft come close to it? Secondly there are lots of similarities in air frame, aerodynamics, rate of turn etc of JF-17 and F-16. So its natural that JF-17 would perform almost same as F-16 in WVR range dogfight.

Hi,

I read a very interesting comment on another forum---and I was surprised at its simplicity---that how did we miss it.

The JF 17 is very close to the F 16 in a dog fight or maybe ????? SO if an F 16 can take out an F 35 in a dog fight with ease---then so what is stopping a JF 17 for doing the same.

I don't think anything---If an F16 cann do it---so can the JF17.

Of course it can. Just the way a 10 year old can knock out Manny Pacquiao, with a hammer, while Pacquiao slept, handcuffed to the bed, while passed out on Molly, i.e. if the F-35 decided not to shoot the JF-17 before it was seen and then came and shook its behind in the 17's face, then sure the 17 could theoretically gun the 35 down, no problem.

View attachment 242565

Part of a book on future air to air combat envisioned by American think tanks...

What does this have to do with what we were discussing and the argument of different types of engagements?

In fact if you read the last part of that same screenshot, it hints at what I mentioned earlier.

In theory ,

If you are flying a small plane with missile on it , and you encounter a Billion Dollar F35 , and if you survive the first attack from F35 , due to flairs or other approaches and you managed to "SEE" the plane and then launched the missile based on visible data

You could kill a F35

In theory ,

If you are flying a small plane with missile on it , and you encounter a Billion Dollar F35 , and if you survive the first attack from F35 , due to flairs or other approaches and you managed to "SEE" the plane and then launched the missile based on visible data

You could kill a F35

Hi,

You have a better chance of doing that with a machine gun rather than the wvr missile---.

You may be able to see the F 35 in front of you---but the problem is not that---it is your electronic eye---the electronic sensors that won't be able to register the aircraft that is in front of your eyes---so you won't a missile lock on the aircraft.

The F 35 is not going to be involved in dog fights. It is built to take care of enemy fighters from long range and so how it will perform in dog fights is really irrelevant.

True, that was the designer's intention and ideal scenario. However, with the way things are evolving, it could potentially be pitch against drones, as they are much cheaper and faster to make.

hey what happened to Argentinian deal:p::p::p::p::p::p::p:
their broke they cannot afford JFT blck 2 and CHINA is not providing anti ship missiles as well and that was the basic reason argentine was going for JFT and BTW what about your TEJAS did it got inducted in YOUR OWN AIRFORCE this year or did it get its IOC this year ???? oh sorry i forgot its delayed again:p::p::p::p::p::p:....

Last edited:
Right let met me get this right. A F-16 can take a F-35 which means Thunder can take it out as well. Good.
Does that mean Thunder can take out F-16? It therefore follows Thunder can take out Su-30.

So the way this has played out is Thunder is the best fighter in the world? Great.

Ps. But does this the mean the American's made a better fighter 40 years ago then now. I smell conspiracy here Wtf???

Hi,

You have a better chance of doing that with a machine gun rather than the wvr missile---.

You may be able to see the F 35 in front of you---but the problem is not that---it is your electronic eye---the electronic sensors that won't be able to register the aircraft that is in front of your eyes---so you won't a missile lock on the aircraft.

Why you say that?

F-35 will be picked up by both radar and infrared sensors at those kinds of ranges.

Back
Top Bottom