What's new

IDEAS 2014 - 8th International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (1 - 4 Dec 2014)

Believe it or not, the IDEAS was in an article today on Wall street Journal. That's pretty impressive. I don't think I've seen anything else outside of US, Paris or Dubai airshow on there. It had a pretty detailed article about Pakistan's security needs, a few things about its one of the largest Army and about the new weapons being shown in IDEAS from Pakistan, Turkey, Russia and China.
any link?

never questioned the credibility of your post. It only lacked the link.

Why don't you kids learn to search for it and find the link----maybe in the process you might walk in to something else and learn something new and share it as well.

Believe it or not, the IDEAS was in an article today on Wall street Journal. That's pretty impressive. I don't think I've seen anything else outside of US, Paris or Dubai airshow on there. It had a pretty detailed article about Pakistan's security needs, a few things about one of the largest Army and about the new weapons being shown in IDEAS from Pakistan, Turkey, Russia and China.
WSJ has this article not because of IDEAS importance, but because of the reason that any news about Pak defence has interest in India..

Wall street journal Indian edition got this article.. So there is no particular speciality to this news.. That I really mean..
It was worth reporting hence reported otherwise no one has time or energy to waste. :chilli:

Believe it or not, the IDEAS was in an article today on Wall street Journal. That's pretty impressive. I don't think I've seen anything else outside of US, Paris or Dubai airshow on there. It had a pretty detailed article about Pakistan's security needs, a few things about its one of the largest Army and about the new weapons being shown in IDEAS from Pakistan, Turkey, Russia and China.

please share it here too.

WSJ has this article not because of IDEAS importance, but because of the reason that any news about Pak defence has interest in India..

OK.....so now WSJ runs to fulfill India's interests? You guys will never quit this propaganda thing will you? There was no mentioning of India if you read it. The article was published as the IDEAS has become a big regional event. I think any sane media outlet covering world news will see a place in time hosting many Western and Eastern defense and technology organizations and will give it some importance. There are only a few of these events that happen world wide every year.

Why do you think Russia is opening up their defense tech to Pakistan along with many others? Allow me to surprise you, everyone and their dog sitting in the international business knows the economic boom is about to hit Pakistan.

All major projects, infrastructure and power generation, etc, are focused on creating an economic boom, the activity over the next 3-10 years will start at full speed from Western China to Gawader. Then, from Gawader to Central Russian states (Afghan trade agreement is just one example going towards Central Russian states) and beyond to Russia.

Russia will become an alternative oil provider plus another major defense tech provider to Pakistan. What does all this mean??

Well, when you know a country is going to have about $ 10 - 30 Billion uplift in economic activity in the next 3-5 years,.....if you have common sense, you also know that the country in question can easily afford to spend $ 2-4 Billion (or more) on weapons purchases in addition to its current budget (and Pakistan will NEED to, to ensure the safety of its trade routes).
So what would you do if you were another country wanting to seize a big piece of that money pie? You'd start to establish a trust worthy relationship with them BEFORE they hit the economic-high. So when tables turn and the $$ flow into Pakistan, the Pakistani leadership will look at Russia compared to how they look at China, a trust worthy friend than a strategic partner like the US (on and off relationship with legalities).

The Russians have learned from the French. You have hard cash and you can buy their products.....never say no!

So let's say, over JUST 5 years when the economy takes off, if the Russians got $ 10 billions of weapons orders from Pakistan ($ 2 billion each year), it is NOT a bad deal. In fact, $ 10 billion can create millions of jobs and gives a lot of money to the Russians for new R&D.

This is also WHY I have written so much about the need to let the current Pakistani government finish their term. As they are on the way to push the Pakistani economy to where it's never been before. Once the economic boom hits, there is no going back. Pakistan will be a different place altogether compared to how the world sees it today.

Last edited:
First of all this news is published in WSJ INDIAN edition in world news category.. Indian edition means news particularly for indian interest will publish..

Ok, dude, GO BACK to my FIRST post and RE-READ it. You will find out what I said. It wasn't JUST posted on an Indian WSJ site. It was in the HARD PAPER ALSO. JEEZ!!! There is a limit to how much propaganda about Indian 'super beings' and supremacy other people can take and you guys cross all limits and overdo it so much that it starts to look silly and stupid!

Next, no matter what you say or write here out of blind hate for China or Pakistan, the fact remains a fact. The Russians (whether they are making trillions or millions from India), want another trade and defense customer in the shape of Pakistan. Putin's signed off on it since the Musharraff's time and they were just waiting for a more politically strong and stable government to emerge so that they can see and estimate the amount of $$ they'll get out of Pakistan in terms of defense and trade. Now...all that game plan is working. You can write about it and justify with utter silliness or you can accept the reality and be productive in this discussion. OR, you can be upset and emotional and not write silly responses back that then waste everyone's time.

I was thinking that members from PDF will be posting pics from IDEAS 2014, just the way they did in 2012, but unfortunately this didn't happen, although amazing products were displayed there especially at Chinese and Turkish stalls, I saw pics posted on fb by random people....anyways I hope people post more pics here soon !!!

Back
Top Bottom